The D5-Mantis Sucks

Nimmuz

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was stolen on Drummond Kaas from a smuggler. So the Han Solo reference makes sence. It's a heavily armored rust bucket with giant guns and a large cargo hold. I think it suits us bounty hunters perfectly. It could probaby smash through the hull of a capital ship if it had to...

I felt the same way at first. But after seeing the others first hand, it's my second favorite (it's hard to top the Smuggler ship). Very reminiscent of Slave-1 and that's not a bad thing.

You want to see a bad ship? Get in the Fury.

Edited by Jasuk

Thanks everyone for replying with positive attitude :D I love the swtor community :)

As stated above, yes the yellow lights hurts your eyes, oh and btw in the room before the bridge theres a stair thingy, what is that all about??

How dare you make a Han Solo reference.

WE.

ARE.

BOUNTY HUNTERS!

lol...Just trying to point out SW lore in general and the general fact that a dirty, used looking universe is part of the overall SW aesthetic. Sadly, Solo's quote is the only one I could find that expresses this idea.

That said, it's not just that the Mantis is made by KSE and seems inspired by Slave 1, Jango stole the KSE Firespray and it seemed to have taken a beating from the time he had it to the time we see Boba flying it in Ep. 5.

Fury looks like the bastard child of the millenium falcon and the TIE advanced vader flies around in. The imperial agents is supposed to look like a luxury class ship but i still felt let down flying around in it....

Mantis is a real ship, the kind where as you fly into the middle of a million enemy ships you strap on some aviator goggles and start singing "Flight of the Valkeryias". besides you wouldnt notice if someone shot you anyways, the rust keeps the blaster marks from showing.

I have to disagree.

Not only does the Mantis fit the class perfectly, but (minus the wings) it looks amazing, and the inside feels much more like a rugged ship should.

This isnt your first class military issued ship that the agents and sith gets. This is a beat up powerhouse that the BH stole.

I love the Mantis for all of those reasons listed. :D

Yup, count me as another one who absolutely loves the Mantis. Agree with the Serenity comparison as well. The ship oozes character. I even love the retractable engines.

I think the only thing that would make me give up my Mantis is if they had a Firespray. I think that has to be my all-time favorite SW ship.

apart from the engine nacelles which look kind of stupid, i love everything else about the ship. its rugged and heavily armed, and you don't have to wander around too much to get to different parts of the ship.

there are parts of the interior i would change and im sure as part of some expansion or future patch the ability to customize the interior would be added. im also they will introduce a few more unique ships as part of the expanded space combat said to be in the works.

The bridge and engines look like they were stuck on to the front and sides of some kind of air tight freight container, the insides look tired and old.

I was initially pleased when I got my Mantis, but when I showed my friends, they all laughed. I couldn't understand why until they showed me what they got. Now they all call my ship the bucket. Kind of sad that as a hero of the empire, master bounty hunter and grand champion of the great hunt, I cant change the look of the ship or get a better one.

As much as I don't like, it did suite my hunter up until after the great hunt was over, but now, as all of the above, it's mildly embarrassing. I'm not the underdog any more and want to flaunt that fact it in style.

Edited by duelpad

I have to disagree.

Not only does the Mantis fit the class perfectly, but (minus the wings) it looks amazing, and the inside feels much more like a rugged ship should.

This isnt your first class military issued ship that the agents and sith gets. This is a beat up powerhouse that the BH stole.

When I think of space ship, I think triangular prism, you too huh?