Stacked Lucky and Good Karma buffs not guaranteeing Emperor's Grace wins

Kast_Iron

It was mentioned in the Nar Shadaa update post by Joe on Monday that "Lucky and Good Karma can stack on Emperor’s Grace Slot Machines to increase the chance of winning all the way to 100%" - however I lost twice in a row on Emperor's Grace with both Lucky and Good Karma active.

• Like 1

Just to be sure: You reacquired both buffs after winning a jackpot? I'm only asking because I played >100 emperor chips (not max bet!) so far and I did not lose when having both buffs. A jackpot occured after 10 emperor chips or less, whereupon I reacquired the buffs.

That's right - I'd got the Good Karma buff from the Nar Shadaa mission, I played Smuggler's Luck until I got the Feeling Lucky buff, made sure they were both active (as I realise you lose them if you exit the area) then bought and used an Emperor's Grace chip - and lost. I wondered if it was just a one off, so I bought another Emperor's Grace chip (as the buffs were still active) - and lost again.

The odd thing is, I'd managed to get Good Karma and Feeling Lucky at the same time once before during that session, and it instantly gave me a jackpot - I was expecting the same once I'd reacquired them, but alas not.

Having both buffs does not instantly give a jackpot. It only guarantees you don't lose a chip. Every spin will be one of golden certificate, cartel certificate, or jackpot prize. The certificates are more common than jackpots, so you will see those more often. It could still take 5-10 spins before you get a jackpot.

Edited by ThanderSnB

Alas I didn't even get a certificate, it was two straight up losses!

I do wonder if it's something to do with getting the Good Karma from the Nar Shadaa mission rather than from playing Kingpin slots; when I got Good Karma from the Kingpin machines, it worked (I infact got an instant jackpot!).

2 hours ago, Kast_Iron said:

Alas I didn't even get a certificate, it was two straight up losses!

I do wonder if it's something to do with getting the Good Karma from the Nar Shadaa mission rather than from playing Kingpin slots; when I got Good Karma from the Kingpin machines, it worked (I infact got an instant jackpot!).

Same for me as outlined above...

I have lost 4 times with both Good Karma and Feeling Lucky.  It actually puts my wins vs losses with both buffs at 50%.  My most recent experience.  Was getting Good Karma from the NS mission, then smuggler till I got feeling lucky.  then with both buffs tried the emperor machine and lost, no certs, no return coin, no prize.  just loss. Both buffs remained on my bar.  I spun again and lost a second time.  both buffs remained active.  Figured yeesh what are the chances.  spun a third and lost.  I also lost once on emperor's grace after getting good karma from the kingpin slots and feeling lucky from smuggler, both buffs active and spun emperor and lost.  

whatever the actual odds are its either sometimes not giving credit for the buffs even though they show on the bar, or its not stacking them to 100% as they said.

Dev post indicated if you get the Good Karma buff from the mission, not 100% guarantee win when stacked with Feeling Lucky. Until they fix that bug, get Good Karma buff from Kingpin machines to stack with Feeling Lucky for 100% win on Emperor machines.

• Like 1

I got the Good Karma buff from doing the quests, then I got the Feeling Lucky Buff from doing the Smuggler's Luck. I bought 3 Emperor's Chips and played Emperor's Grace. The first two awarded me 2 Golden Certificates each, the last one I lost the chip.

Then I did Smuggler's Luck to get Feeling Lucky, then went to Kingpins' to get Good Karma, went back to Smuggler's to reacquire Feeling Lucky. When I had both buffs and went to the Emperor's Grace, I did indeed win some cartel certificates, golden certificates, and a Lucky Pritarr, underwhelming for sure but, a win. 

I think they over-corrected.

Edited by drunkndsoriental
Additional information.

7 hours ago, drunkndsoriental said:

I think they over-corrected.

They did not correct/change anything with patch 7.5c. They stated in the Original NL 2024 post that with both buffs the chances of winning on the Emperor Machine are 100%:

On 7/8/2024 at 11:40 PM, JoeStramaglia said:
  • Lucky and Good Karma can stack on Emperor’s Grace Slot Machines to increase the chance of winning all the way to 100%.

This is congruent with my experience (I exclusively obtained the Good Karma Buff from the Kingpin machines), after 10 emperor chips at the latest, I obtrained a jackpot and every chip until then yielded Golden/Cartel Market Certificates.

My educated guess is that

a) The Good Karma buff from the Nar Shaddaa mission and the one from the Kingpin machines are in fact two different buffs which only share the same name; and

b) They very likely forget to code the Nar Shaddaa mission buff correctly, i.e., this buff does not actually stack with the Feeling Lucky buff, but these two buff simply co-exist and only the larger winning chance is applied.

Assuming, arguendo, that (the percentages in the following are merely to illustrate, I do not know the actual percentages, or how this stacking of buffs should work)

i) the base winning chance on the Emperor machine (i.e., without the Good Karma buff and the Feeling Lucky buff) is 50%; and

ii) the Good Karma buff should add 30 percentage points and the Feeling Lucky buff should add 20 percentage points to this winning chance;

In case all adds up, a 100% winning chance results. However, when the Good Karma buff from the Nar Shaddaa mission is bugged some percent to 100% are missing...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.