Jump to content

No Season Requirements That Force You to be On a Certain Amount of Time


LemonsForScience

Recommended Posts

I really want that nice Corpero Industrial Forklift deco but it looke like I will hit every requirement BUT the one where I need to do a certain about of weekly objectives. I am at 21/100 for this week and tomorrow is the start of the the next. Meaning just because I got in late this season I will only at max be at 70/100 for it. That is infuriatingly close. If anyone has any advice I will gladly take it but all in all I just want there to be no achievements that are impossible to complete for the season if you come into it late, even if that means you have to buy it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, LemonsForScience said:

I really want that nice Corpero Industrial Forklift deco but it looke like I will hit every requirement BUT the one where I need to do a certain about of weekly objectives. I am at 21/100 for this week and tomorrow is the start of the the next. Meaning just because I got in late this season I will only at max be at 70/100 for it. That is infuriatingly close. If anyone has any advice I will gladly take it but all in all I just want there to be no achievements that are impossible to complete for the season if you come into it late, even if that means you have to buy it.

The only thing which should work is completing seven weekly objectives on your main server and transfering a toon to another server, complete seven weeklies there, transfer to yet another server etc. etc.

Edited by The_Hightower
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lord_Janosch said:

Yes but OP is talking about the "do 100 weeklies-achievement"

Yeah I mean like I suppose it would be nice to get the current reward but I know that that probably isn't going to happen. This is more to request that in the future they don't do this sort of thing.

 

 

3 hours ago, The_Hightower said:

The only thing which should work is completing seven weekly objectives on your main server and transfering a toon to another server, complete seven weeklies there, transfer to yet another server etc. etc.

That sounds like a whole lotta work and money I do not have but I do appreciate that you DID come up with a solution. That is thinking outside the box.


 

 

11 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Yet in all honesty, that single Forklift isn't that impressive, and you can acquire similar if not nicer ones from Ruhnuk Reputation....  with Credit's depending on your Reputation Rank!

You're right! It isn't that impressive. In fact it's a really crappy seasonal reward in my opinion. However I am working on something that would require a whole lotta industrial equipment so I just wanted to get my hands on all of it I could get. But this post is more about being able to earn things in general coming in late to a season anyway. But overall I agree.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, LemonsForScience said:

Yeah I mean like I suppose it would be nice to get the current reward but I know that that probably isn't going to happen. This is more to request that in the future they don't do this sort of thing.

That sounds like a whole lotta work and money I do not have but I do appreciate that you DID come up with a solution. That is thinking outside the box.

You're right! It isn't that impressive. In fact it's a really crappy seasonal reward in my opinion. However I am working on something that would require a whole lotta industrial equipment so I just wanted to get my hands on all of it I could get. But this post is more about being able to earn things in general coming in late to a season anyway. But overall I agree.

Full agreement from me. This is a well thought out and concise argument. I personally feel battlepasses/seasons or anything really that weaponizes fomo is bad for the health of a game in the long term. DRG and Helldivers are proving you can make a battlepass that doesn't have those elements and still be really successful. I'm hoping the fact more games are starting to move back in that direction can carry over here.

But I say this because I feel these time restrictions make me want to play LESS! If I already know I can't get the reward I want in time, why bother even trying? The amount of content that I've skipped because I started late and there was not enough of a window to complete it after is way too high.

This is just another perfect example where the parameters are such that it becomes unachievable pretty early if you aren't consistent. I'm not a fan of that design. I think it has been part of the problem for a long while now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.