7.5 - feedback and thoughts (yes, another)

My feedback is fix the Ricann fight it is buggy.

Then increase the ventures to at least double it took 2 days of doing quest and I was done and have to wait l next week. Oh and fix ventures to where I get to chose what daily's I want to do.  right now this level 1 droid not worth running with even on heal mode,  I never died so much. 

Male agent voice,  just why oh why. 

The rest I really did not have a problem with.  

7 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

Technically the Pubs do know Makeb didn't go boom we have an entire daily area there. I want to go back to Umbarra I want to understand that planet.

Aye, there was some mention of how "it didn't actually explode" by some rep NPC too, can't rememeber which one tho

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pietrastor said:

Aye, there was some mention of how "it didn't actually explode" by some rep NPC too, can't rememeber which one tho

Yeah, I like to imagine someone flew by, saw it out the window and thought "Hey, what the Force is that doing there?"

Edited by DuchessKristania
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2024 at 7:52 PM, Pietrastor said:

I would like to see Vaylin back but not as a main focus of the story, an addition/part of an ensemble cast at most. She already was the main focus of a major expansion (KOTET)

Wouldn't be opposed to a major Rakata story (big part of the TOR era) or something completly new. I really enjoyed both the Zakuul and Iokath original additions to the lore (minus the clunky Emperor connection)

I think the best way to deal with Vaylin is a bonus chapter like the one HK had, optional but it’s there for people who want it.

34 minutes ago, Thenightvortex said:

I think the best way to deal with Vaylin is a bonus chapter like the one HK had, optional but it’s there for people who want it.

That could work yeah, or a more self-contained update like Echoes of Oblivion was. Just don't think they should drag this out into a long arc. I like Vaylin alot but would rather have something fresher/more unique than for the next long narrative setup

Posted (edited)

I quite enjoyed the story itself, even though the lack of voice acting was very problematic. I remember really getting into it once we got on board the Mandalorian ship. As we were getting closer and closer to the holocron machine, I felt a kind of sense of anticipation or dread that reminded me a little of playing the Emperor's Fortress in the Jedi Knight story, where you could tell something big was about to happen, without knowing exactly what it was.

Edited by OldVengeance
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2024 at 9:17 PM, Pietrastor said:

"Makeb, we didn't blow up yet !"

One of the automated sponsor messages on the huttball maps iirc. So yeaaah they're still around and not really hiding it

• Haha 1

My feedback is on the Hutta graphical update: PLEASE STOP DOING GRAPHICS UPDATES!!!! Every time you do this game gets far worse. There comes a point where being able to see where you are, and where you want to go is more important then having dark graphics, or Foggy graphics like Hutta.

Give us our old VERY LOW graphics and let us stop having all of this useless garbage graphics updates. Put those resources to better use making new FP's, WZ's, GSF maps, Operations. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Toraak said:

Give us our old VERY LOW graphics and let us stop having all of this useless garbage graphics updates. Put those resources to better use making new FP's, WZ's, GSF maps, Operations. 

yeah I'm one of the few who doesn't care about graphics. I just want some PvP stuff or a new operation. Also, take story back to visiting planets and questing.

I loved it! We've not had a storyline this good in ages.  What follows are the biggest fattest spoilers - you've been warned.

Spoiler

A little bit of Theron romance - superb. 

My character, taking no s**t from the Empire in a holocall?  What's not to love? 

Sa'har's character turned out to be great in this part of the story - I hope Rikan doesn't do what is implied at the end of that fight, especially as I chose to help her save him with my magnificent force powers (that I didn't know my character had).

The Hutt boss was actually a challenge and he was also too boastful about me not meeting a hutt his level of resources - clearly he's not met Dr Oggurob.

Darth Krovos demanding my character hands over the holocron to the Empire and my character saying nah it's mine now. And then refusing to hand of the new force users to Korriban?  Hahahahaha! My Alliance is separate from the Empire for a reason - did you forget Krovos? Potential for an Empire vs my Alliance shenanigans?  You just know they'll be sending that eye candy sneak Rivix 😆

Shae Vizla breaking out Malgus?  Someone had to (the Empire's unbreakable prison, eh?). I did not see a Malgus-Vizla team up happening 😱 I thought the player's character, Lana and Theron would be breaking him out. 

I actually can't wait for the next story update!  

Aside from the main story I got round to doing more of the Basilisk Pet story - The Curator is brilliant.  I hope he appears again in the future.

Posted (edited)

Agree on the points about the KOTOR style cutscenes.  They’re kinda jarring because one moment you are fully voiced, and the next you are mute.

Agree with the complaints about the useless season rewards for PVP S6.  I have hundreds of unbound ones and now an ever growing stack of legacy bound ones.  Valor tokens would be more valuable than these.  Also, with new longer season would make sense to balance medals for the as-yet-untouched warzones (ancient hypergate, Novare coast, odessen proving grounds)

it took me three hours yesterday to get through on my non stealth healer main.  I had to swap Sa’har to tank spec for some of the fights.  Fight with Ri’kan was easier than the Hutt…at least for me.  I liked the choices we were presented and I had to think about my answers pretty carefully.  Although it’s long, I might enjoy play through on other class stories.  I was expecting the ginger to have revealed herself to have been tracking the alliance commander all this time and to show up at the end.  I liked the plot twist at the end, but I gotta say I’m suspicious that someone or someones survived an explosion, kinda like Arcann at the end of Fallen Empire.

I am concerned about the impact to the sense of immersion if the ginger ends up behind bars or six feed under at the end of all this to all those who unlocked her as a comp and invested influence into her.  I know it it’s always been an issue with the companion terminal in your quarters on the odessen base, but this feels a little different.  But maybe she ends up a loner like her Torch persona, or we take custody of her on Odessen.  It’s good to have a story with impacts.

Still don’t really get why the ginger thought a felony would get what she wants.

Spoiler

Heta will be like a rabid animal now.  She lost her secret army of Mando trained force users so she is likely to lose her cool and strike the Alliance directly.  What did Shae need Malgus for?  She already knows he cares more about his plan than Heta or the squabbles.  Her decisions make no sense.  I know she thinks she isn’t a leader but none of this seems like “caring about her people”.  It’s clear she is consumed by vengeance, and it’s good to see a girl boss that isn’t a Mary Sue and has some flaws that need addressing.  But she’s spent a lot of time as a leader and a thorough hunter and she should know she has a better chance to find her prey with the commander than without.

it is an unfortunate problem that we will likely have to use the holocron to locate Malgus which of course is precisely what Malgus wants to further his plan.  Even if I have that partially wrong I can’t imagine that the PC using it would harm Malgus’ plans

Edited by phalczen

My only complaint with this update is B3-S1. He is so weak to take out on dailies that I have a difficult time completing them with some characters. Since you have to subscribe to get this companion and the length and difficulty to get him I expected him to be better...

2 hours ago, LordZerix said:

My only complaint with this update is B3-S1. He is so weak to take out on dailies that I have a difficult time completing them with some characters. Since you have to subscribe to get this companion and the length and difficulty to get him I expected him to be better...

Did  you level her up to 50 influence? Use gifts or buy a commander compendium for 3 dark projects and 4mill.  I agree with the early on 1 or 2 abilities it’s bad. I’m hoping she is OP once fully trained. 

2 minutes ago, Saeten said:

Did  you level her up to 50 influence? Use gifts or buy a commander compendium for 3 dark projects and 4mill.  I agree with the early on 1 or 2 abilities it’s bad. I’m hoping she is OP once fully trained. 

Yes did that...

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 5:07 PM, phalczen said:

Valor tokens would be more valuable than these.

This is honestly the best suggestion I've seen. For me the deco/mount packs would be great, but the devs seem allergic to giving any half way decent rewards or at least too many of them. The valor tokens are a great idea because they are mostly useless, but they do give u a little boost to a larger goal. The wz medpac as a reward is an absolute disgrace 😂😂

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Samcuu said:

The valor tokens are a great idea because they are mostly useless, but they do give u a little boost to a larger goal. The wz medpac as a reward is an absolute disgrace 😂😂

It's painful to read another amazing idea given by players after a few weeks of playing with the update instead of from a full dev team after six months of work on said patch.

But also yes, please, valor tokens would be actually more interesting than useless medpacks. For another example, here's a freshly made character, fresh from a week ago.
image.png.ecc67529574e4271e2eef0efdf519681.png

From 8 warzone games, here is the total amount of medpacks I have in my inventory :
image.png.48e6f8025164384912ea25981aeca73b.png
Keep in mind that I use at least two or three per warzone.
I did not buy a single medpack on that character.

So yeah, five warzone medpack is absolutely terrible. I'd actually have more use for valor tokens than a mere 5 medpacks. 😕 

• Like 2

My main issue with story this patch is the Voice Acting. Too much of the scenes are not voiced. And why is there this big, ugly, black frame?
The complete Voice Acting/Gerdub in the past is one of the reasons, if not the most importent reason, because I didn‘t leave Swtor a long time ago.