7.5 Cartel Market Item Graphic Bug - Refined Mentor Chestpiece.

Just adding to this, it gets works if you go into your combat stance/idle - very frustrating, I want to buy it butt not if I can't mix and match the top

image.png.ffcdaf3b493f185bd9821efcdfebfc4a.pngimage.png.1af55a27f80d9642bf541a5f3538e708.png

• Like 3

Basically the female body type 2 hips clips through the "skirt" part when you take off trousers, we can see the underwear clipping here and there on the two first screenshots and even the pants made for the outfit clips a little bit on the back side right behind the leather part as we can see on the third screenshot.

It's very unfortunate considering It's an amazing armor set so I really hope it gets fixed soon.

20240602_230056.jpg

20240602_230113.jpg

20240530_220806.jpg

• Like 1

Coming to chime in and say that the BT4 booty clipping is absolutely ridiculous. Attached screenshots are of the set pants (no clipping) compared to the Bastila Shan leggings (SO MUCH CLIPPING). 

I know my Jedi has a booty but this is a bit silly. 😛

Matching Pants.PNG

Bastila Shan Leggings.PNG

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Part of the problem with this might be the 'big butt' bug that came back to the game in patch 5.2 (or whatever introduced the Iokath daily area).

That bug had been fixed in mid-2012, with patch 1.3, and stayed fixed for 5 years, but it was never addressed again after 5.2. 

It affects dozens and dozens of in-game and CM armor sets, even potentially this new one. 

Maybe Broadsword will finally fix that particular bug? I personally think it's the worst cosmetic bug in the game, and hopefully someone from the SWTOR team sees this and at least considers trying to fix it again. 

Edited by arunav
  • Like 3

Considering I paid real-world money for these armor sets, I demand there be some sort of fix to this issue, else this is grounds for refunding.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Le 03/06/2024 à 16:39, arunav a dit :

Part of the problem with this might be the 'big butt' bug that came back to the game in patch 5.2 (or whatever introduced the Iokath daily area).

I think in this particular case it's because the newer armors change our character's body shape rather than being their OG body type reskinned with differents textures and 3D elements added over it. 

Female's body types have wider hips when they don't wear the trousers made for the set and somehow the "skirt" area of the chestpiece isn't large/stretched enough to welcome their original hips shape (and even with the trousers made for it there's a clipping issue on female BT2, at least)

So basically if they don't fix this, you cannot use any older pants since they keep their original body proportions. 

On 6/3/2024 at 1:32 PM, Tsixe said:

Considering I paid real-world money for these armor sets, I demand there be some sort of fix to this issue, else this is grounds for refunding.

I truly hope you get your refund friend. Some Cartel market items have been bugged for years and no fix. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wwefarming said:

I think in this particular case it's because the newer armors change our character's body shape rather than being their OG body type reskinned with differents textures and 3D elements added over it. 

Female's body types have wider hips when they don't wear the trousers made for the set and somehow the "skirt" area of the chestpiece isn't large/stretched enough to welcome their original hips shape (and even with the trousers made for it there's a clipping issue on female BT2, at least)

So basically if they don't fix this, you cannot use any older pants since they keep their original body proportions. 

Even if it's not the 'big rear end' bug, that issue is one that affects so many different CM armor sets on both genders. It's hard to know why this set is clipping for sure (male body type 2 seems fine, but none of the female ones are). My point was that particular bug is worth prioritizing for a fix, as it's also seen on NPCs throughout the game, and really does affect the player experience for the worse, for those who like to collect and use different armor sets - a lot of the remaining players. 

Edited by arunav
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, wwefarming said:

Yeah, this is a really widespread issue across many newer sets, and something I really wish they would stop doing.  It doesn't make any sense to do it imo.  It's one thing to have an armor piece clip with older pieces because the outfit it comes with is simply bulky (like a belt that fits around a bulky jacket), but changing a characters' default body shape within the armor is very.... why?

chest pieces that do it to the actual chest area (like the headstrong apprentice and steadfast master) aren't so bad because it doesn't result in clipping with things generally, but things that change butt shape, why??? let me have my character's normal sized booty and hips please, devs!  I want to wear other pants.

• Like 1

One of latest sets in the game, Farmland Grazer, is also affected. On fem BT2 it looks like if trousers and chestpiece are of separate sets, one would expect that parts of same set would not clip - and yet :(

image.png

image.png

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this means anything but a CS representative responded to a ticket regarding this issue and said to submit bug reports on the matter in hopes the developers will acknowledge this.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tsixe said:

I don't know if this means anything but a CS representative responded to a ticket regarding this issue and said to submit bug reports on the matter in hopes the developers will acknowledge this.

haha hahaha hahahahaha. Is this guy Jim Carrey or something?

2 minutes ago, felleto said:

haha hahaha hahahahaha. Is this guy Jim Carrey or something?

Just a hopeful player who believes following standard protocol is a more lucrative approach to having your voice heard, rather than spreading vitriol on the forums. I just want the massive clipping issues rectified on these newer sets, it's not fair that we're expected to spend so much money on items that are functionally broken.

46 minutes ago, Tsixe said:

Just a hopeful player who believes following standard protocol is a more lucrative approach to having your voice heard, rather than spreading vitriol on the forums. I just want the massive clipping issues rectified on these newer sets, it's not fair that we're expected to spend so much money on items that are functionally broken.

Sorry I'm just a cynical old bear. Played this song and dance too many times before. Don't let me kill your hope friend, maybe they will get it fixed.

Edited by felleto
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, felleto said:

Sorry I'm just a cynical old bear. Played this song and dance too many times before. Don't let me kill your hope friend, maybe they will get it fixed.

Hey, in my defense, I'm new here! :i_angel:

• Thanks 1