A Refresh of the Mount Collections Page

As a QoL/collector's itch scratcher, I was hoping to introduce/reintroduce the concept of updating the Mounts Collections Page in the Collections windows. Currently, there are 456 Mounts listed as the "total" number of collectable mounts in the game. 

However, this list does not include well over 100 items that are still readily obtainable and thus creates a slightly... underwhelming feeling of success (or at the very least a false one) when you do end up filling the bars. Primarily this list does not include any Op Mounts, any Uprising mounts, any PVP mounts, any rep mounts, and several retired mounts that are still obtainable through vendors. Even upon collecting such items, they do not enter the Collections tab as a new entry. 

I was hoping to gain some traction on this post and have the developers re-look at adding the entire mount collection to this page. It would be a blessing for us collectors who live to see those bars at 100%, and also help set expectations for newer collectors who are looking at getting started. It was certainly quite a shock to me when I did the math and discovered over 100 mounts not even listed in the collection!

This is purely a QoL improvement and of course is not as important as other things in development, but given that myself and several of my friends have enjoyed this game through various accounts for over a decade, and our primary goal now is completing this set of items, I felt I should mention it ❤️

ML and appreciation, 

A lowly humble collector of vroom vrooms. 

All Mounts.jpeg

Edited by ShadowofArbacas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Your collections isn't intended to show all possible items of any given type:  It is intended to make Cartel Market items a little more attractive by allowing you to use an item on all of your characters after you paid cartel coins for it once (and then paid a little more to unlock it for the rest of your legacy).

Beyond that, it also includes items that aren't supposed to be 'rare' but do have an inherent limited availability (like Galactic Seasons items).

Anything you can just purchase off a vendor for credits, is a mission reward, drops off a mob, or has actual stats doesn't really belong in collections.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ominovin said:

Your collections isn't intended to show all possible items of any given type:  It is intended to make Cartel Market items a little more attractive by allowing you to use an item on all of your characters after you paid cartel coins for it once (and then paid a little more to unlock it for the rest of your legacy).

Beyond that, it also includes items that aren't supposed to be 'rare' but do have an inherent limited availability (like Galactic Seasons items).

Anything you can just purchase off a vendor for credits, is a mission reward, drops off a mob, or has actual stats doesn't really belong in collections.

I suppose then I’m asking for the page to be redefined. I’m aware of what it’s intended to be now, I wasn’t trying to insinuate that what it is now is a false advertisement of something. More just attempting to request an expansion of the page to be more collector friendly. 

As the name "Collection" implies collecting, it should show everything you've collected and what can be collected not just what you can pay money for, or that is what I am attempting to pitch in this post :) 

Edited by ShadowofArbacas
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Or at the very least if it could start adding to the collections page as an entry when you collect one that isn't there. That would at least be a start. Half the time when I scroll through my mounts page now it crashes or almost does my game because its so long and would be good to just have them all there for % purposes and for us collectors out there that do still exist :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As the name "Collection" implies collecting

Agreed. If the intended function of this feature is "Cartel Items Inventory" then calling it "Collections" is a confusing misnomer.

• Like 1

The same is also true for outfits, pets, weapons, color crystals, and just about every other category in collections. They all have some items that are obtained only on a per character basis that aren't available to be unlocked via the Collections mechanic, and so aren't included in it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SoontirMorillo said:

But "Cartel Items Inventory" is also not correct, because there are other things in it than Cartel Market Items.

Fair point.

If the common factor for all items in this set is the fact that they're accessible to all members of your legacy, perhaps the best term would be "Heirlooms".

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Guurzak said:

Fair point.

If the common factor for all items in this set is the fact that they're accessible to all members of your legacy, perhaps the best term would be "Heirlooms".

They’ve used the word heirlooms to describe some gear at one point.  Personally, I don’t see how changing the name at this point would make a difference.  I would still call it collections and I imagine so would a number of others.  

On 3/30/2024 at 5:47 PM, Ominovin said:

I would argue the opposite, at least in some cases. And this extends to everything, not just mounts.

Guaranteed rewards and items from vendors are fine to leave out (but one could still argue that a TP to the source would be more convenient).

Anything that relies on chance (such as mob drops & Nightlife Rewards) I would argue should go into collections. When you've already done the grind, there's no point in making players do it again on each alt for any reason other than artificially inflating playtime. And there's already enough content in the game that you don't need to do that anymore. The average player (i.e. people that have a life outside of their computer) will already have a ton to keep them busy. Arguing in favor of inconvenience really only benefits the no-lifers (like us) that have enough spare time to dedicate to such a grind.

Items with stats, meanwhile, could be changed to Orange "Statless" items, if they were included in the Collections; such as the random enemy drops most of us use as Deconstruction/Vendor fodder. Someone may like the look of it, but hate the stats, and don't want to try and find it again on their alts (thanks to Bind on Pickup and Bind on Equip).

On 5/16/2024 at 1:21 AM, Guurzak said:

Agreed. If the intended function of this feature is "Cartel Items Inventory" then calling it "Collections" is a confusing misnomer.

'Collections' refers to your ability to reclaim these items at will...