Conquest Changes Following 7.4.1

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

That's how I interpreted Eric's last words on the subject.

"Plan to make more" and "keep the feedback coming" seemed clear this thread was supposed to be moving forward from the initial changes they gave us for dailies/heroics.

Thanks for finding that.  Yet another ... let's put it off so they will forget thing.

Edited by LJ_Gibbs
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 1:23 PM, EricMusco said:

All of that said, Conquests is definitely a place we are continuing to pay close attention to and plan to make more changes in the future so keep the feedback coming. Thanks all.

Hi, @EricMusco@KeithKanneg@JoeStramaglia@BryantWood@JackieKo@CommunityTeam

It's me again.

Eric's statement is now 5 months old.... Where are these changes? Can you address this rather than pretend it never happened?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

One potentially positive thing with these changes I wanted to mention.  Once you do work your way up and buy one of the Rakata upgrade cache's, it appears that you not only get a purple rakata piece when you open it, but it will be 2 levels up than your lowest piece.  I've done this a total of 4 times so far since they changed it to allow for Thyrisian/PVP crates to become Columi (PVP/GSF FTW lol!), and each time I got a 342 piece for one of the slots where I had a 340 modded gear piece.  Not sure if this was just pure luck every time, or if this is how it works.  If so then this is actually pretty dope considering 1) it's an upgrade, 2) it targets your lowest piece, 3) in the case like me where you are already all 340+, its' one less upgrade each (i.e. you are upgrading from 342 to 344, instead of a 340 that needs 2 upgrades).

@BryantWood can you confirm if this is how its intended to work? Thanks in advance.

Edited by DarthNillard

48 minutes ago, DarthNillard said:

, and each time I got a 342 piece for one of the slots where I had a 340 modded gear piece.  Not sure if this was just pure luck every time, or if this is how it works.  If so then this is actually pretty dope considering 1) it's an upgrade, 2) it targets your lowest piece, 3) in the case like me where you are already all 340+, its' one less upgrade each (i.e. you are upgrading from 342 to 344, instead of a 340 that needs 2 upgrades.

That's the way it works for all level 80 gear.  There is no odd-numbered gear.  It was 320 -> 322 -> 324 and so on all the way up to 340 -> 342 -> 344.

1 hour ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

That's the way it works for all level 80 gear.  There is no odd-numbered gear.  It was 320 -> 322 -> 324 and so on all the way up to 340 -> 342 -> 344.

This isn't a math question/problem chief lol, gear has been like that forever.  But but before these recent changes the rakata gear drops I've gotten (some from Raids, but mainly Nef/Dash runs) were always 340 rakata stuff.  I've never gotten a 342 or 344 piece (always had to upgrade to 344 with the ops comms).

3 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

This isn't a math question/problem chief lol, gear has been like that forever.  But but before these recent changes the rakata gear drops I've gotten (some from Raids, but mainly Nef/Dash runs) were always 340 rakata stuff.  I've never gotten a 342 or 344 piece (always had to upgrade to 344 with the ops comms).

That's because with 7.0 all boss drops match your current gear rating for that slot.  It was the weekly flashpoint/operation boxes that gave you an actual upgrade.

It's a rakata UPGRADE box.  Are you asking if it's intended that the upgrade gear box is an actual upgrade?

17 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

One potentially positive thing with these changes I wanted to mention.  Once you do work your way up and buy one of the Rakata upgrade cache's, it appears that you not only get a purple rakata piece when you open it, but it will be 2 levels up than your lowest piece.  I've done this a total of 4 times so far since they changed it to allow for Thyrisian/PVP crates to become Columi (PVP/GSF FTW lol!), and each time I got a 342 piece for one of the slots where I had a 340 modded gear piece.  Not sure if this was just pure luck every time, or if this is how it works.  If so then this is actually pretty dope considering 1) it's an upgrade, 2) it targets your lowest piece, 3) in the case like me where you are already all 340+, its' one less upgrade each (i.e. you are upgrading from 342 to 344, instead of a 340 that needs 2 upgrades).

@BryantWood can you confirm if this is how its intended to work? Thanks in advance.

I think you meant to post that in the other thread: 

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/936281-progression-changes-coming-in-751

17 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

It did not work for me this way. I got a 344 piece on a slot I had a 342 when I had other slots at 340. So it is random to a point if your piece is not 344.

14 hours ago, Toraak said:

It did not work for me this way. I got a 344 piece on a slot I had a 342 when I had other slots at 340. So it is random to a point if your piece is not 344.

Fair enough, but you still got an upgrade.  As long as it upgrades something (while you aren't full 344) then it's still cool :)