Drop them UIs to show off what you have created + your reasoning behind said UI if you want.

TyonYlle

Hi y'all, recent returnee to the game, and an old founder. For this UI I wanted something super clean, almost cinematic / in the same vain of a KOTOR-esque layout. The smaller mac keyboard makes things sooo much easier to press multiple keys so I'm essentially able to use any combination that there is.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 2.35.06 AM.png

• Like 1

Pretty much tried to make it familiar to my WoW UI 😛I try to maximize the amount of real-game space I see, so nothing is obstructed by UI. I sit kind of far back from my screen so really everything isn't super "far" in terms of the angle that my eyes need to move to gather all the information needed during time-sensitive moments.

Removed xp bar 'cause who cares? 😛

UI.JPG

Edited by Nejadis
  • Like 1

Target, target of target, Focus Target all next to each other for ease of convenience.  Rest is generally open to see what's going on.  Akk dog shows where temporary ability bar is.

SW UI.png

Edited by Setta
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kinhoandrei said:

Since the end of last year, I've been thinking about modifying my UI, to revitalize things a bit. I'll be attentive to the suggestions given here. 😃

DEFINITELY recommend a smaller keyboard... Do MS do small keyboards? because it seriously makes things so much easier, but then I DO have little baby hands lmao.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 9.51.29 AM.png

Edited by TyonYlle
because I forgot to show the target of target, which doesn't really change the UI too much.

Keep them coming. It's high time I redid my default layout.

2 quick questions.

1. do you use custom chat groups/tabs to remove the noise in group activity
    • I used to but it is a pain copying the settings for chat across characters
  2. do you have a different layout when doing heal or tank role ?
    • not just abilities in a different order, but the layout on the screen

9 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Keep them coming. It's high time I redid my default layout.

2 quick questions.

1. do you use custom chat groups/tabs to remove the noise in group activity
    • I used to but it is a pain copying the settings for chat across characters
  2. do you have a different layout when doing heal or tank role ?
    • not just abilities in a different order, but the layout on the screen

1) I do yes. I have 6 tabs.  General is for everything. Other tab got converted to just combat information only, nothing else. Then tabs dedicated to : Ops chat, Guild chat, Party chat, and the endgame / allies chat depending on server.  The only thing is I leave whisper on in all chats just in case someone needs something from me as I have a specific chat tab on, I don't end up ignoring them by accident.  Raid chat also has /say in it, cause sometimes (an example EV pylons) you want to just say something to your group and not the whole raid, rare but it happens.  I believe party chat works for this too, but meh.  And yes it's a pain doing it for all characters.  I do it on the ones I play the most, but it is worth it in my opinion, and once you're done, you don't have to do it again unless you uninstall the game and come back later.

2) Haven't found a need to do this.  Perhaps there's some advantage, but I think for me personally it would break my habit of looking at things where they are, as they are.  I have almost everything enabled (minus tutorial, utility bar 2 and the world map overlay) without being cluttered up.  So I don't really need to change it at all, just cause I'm healing, tanking or dpsing.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Setta said:

2) Haven't found a need to do this.  Perhaps there's some advantage, but I think for me personally it would break my habit of looking at things where they are, as they are.  I have almost everything enabled (minus tutorial, utility bar 2 and the world map overlay) without being cluttered up.  So I don't really need to change it at all, just cause I'm healing, tanking or dpsing.

Pretty much my throughts, too. Obviously, the abilities are going to change with almost every character (duplicate classes not withstanding) so that's probably good enough.

You could possibly optimize a healer and tank UI, but I'm unsure how much of an advantage that would give opposed to what you are already use to.

• Like 1

Alright, so I need opinions. What map do you guys think I should use. Is that compass map that important? I could probably shrink it down a little to fit it between my portrait bar and the enemy portrait bar?

UI 01.png

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 6.51.26 PM.png