Issue with Map Overlay After Quick Travel

Thuukon

So I have been noticing an issue with the map overlay UI feature. 

Here is a thread related to this issue: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931255-map-overlay-not-updating-properly/

I am able to replicate it whenever I have quicked traveled from somewhere and then enter a new structure or part of a map that should be updated in the map overlay. However, the UI element instead remains on the entire regional map until I open the map again to force it to update. I am attaching a link to a video where I demonstrate the issue as well. 

Here is a video where I demonstrate the issue as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmGPAzaIIPI

Edited by Thuukon
Typo
  • Like 1

@rlowndes was so kind to start a thread in Suggestion Box, providing the details still I thought it best to properly Log in:

• Bug Reports

I've expanded on the details in the Original thread here:

7.4b Map overlay - Suggestion Box - SWTOR | Forums

So this is an example showing the map overlay I see entering the Imperial Base on Ilum, where it should instead show the blue overlay of the Base; I only could see this by tapping M again.  I've also created a picture showing what it does:

• It's not all the time, yet frequently not properly updating (20 - 30%) yet more often when you transition between area's, like ground map into a Republic / Imperial Base. 
  • It's often very sporadic in how often this problem occurs, yet sometimes you always have to hit M to have map properly refresh. 

NOTE: I think they had this problem once before back in 6.0 period, yet they also resolved it within a few weeks too; best I recall.

-- It also seems to occur after Quick Travel too as noted here:

Issue with Map Overlay After Quick Travel - Bug Reports - SWTOR | Forums

image.png.4f692e6b36f78624dfe0f92950ea4f58.png

image.png.96130a6a064c29e513ced19733716597.png

UPDATE:

After login today on my Bounty Hunter I saw this happen at Fleet too, where it shows the outside map when your inside the Fleet Starbase: 

image.png.d704a9ce7b8d9026ac1f016f37c74cd3.png

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar, and updated image.
  • Like 2

• Strathkin changed the title to 7.4b Map Overlay BUG: Fails transition from Ground to Base Map!