Broadsword, I give you an idea that will enrich you - true saber customization

New Company, and hopefully new willingness to hear ideas and see possibilities.

The lightsaber is iconic and every Jedi is supposed to have designed their own.  Why not give us that amazing experience? (for a very nice chunk of cartel coins, of course)

Option A: Let us pick the look of the saber, where it will be clipped (hip or back), and most importantly, the sound pack.

Option B: If option A is too hard to consider, at least let us choose the sound pack (and while you're add it, PLEASE give us the Vader hallway saber sounds from Rogue One. Great work was done to the Ahsoka Sabers, especially the sound, let's keep it going).

You have so many interesting saber designs in this game that are unappealing because of the bleh sound or awful sound. 

I think the true saber customization would be appealing to both RPers and Non-RPers. Heck, you created that great mission for choosing the second combat style... create a similar type of mission that guides us through saber creation. Talk about immersion and awesomeness.

I'm sure there would be big revenue coming in from offering us these things.

• Like 3

Your suggestion is a welcome one - but why does it have to cost 'a nice chunk' of cartel coins to use? 

We already buy coins to gain access to most of the hilt models in the game, then spend additional ones to use said hilts on more than 1 character. Now, in order to make up for an unappealing sound on a given saber, you're suggesting we'll need to spend 'a nice chunk' of additional coins?

A system like this doesn't need to have cartel coins attached to it. Make it subscriber-only (with perhaps an option for preferred/F2P players that involves cartel coins if necessary). 

Also, folks have been asking for crafting to matter for a very long time, and weapon sounds have been floated for years as a way to give crafters something to make that actually matters besides augments and a few dyes. 

Part of the reason, in my view, SWTOR's population has dwindled to the levels it has is because almost all appealing cosmetic items and options are bought with cartel coins, with a tiny few remaining to be earned or made in the game itself. 

Edited by arunav
  • Like 2

I would like to see these. I have some characters based on Zero from Mega Man X, Z'saberr and Z'busterr, and it would be cool to be able to store their lightsabers on their back like Zero does. And I would really like to have interchangeable sounds.

Edited by Jacksoundwave

would love to be able to choose which available a sound a certain saber has and 1000% whether back or waist-stowed, and seconded that I would want it for guns too (particularly sounds but like, if I wanna be wild and strap a sniper rifle to my belt - size willing - why not? 😉 I can obviously think of reasons why not, but, within reason, choosing stow location would be cool)

5 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

It should include guns as well.

You're 100% right. That would be cool for all weapons. 

17 hours ago, arunav said:

Your suggestion is a welcome one - but why does it have to cost 'a nice chunk' of cartel coins to use? 

We already buy coins to gain access to most of the hilt models in the game, then spend additional ones to use said hilts on more than 1 character. Now, in order to make up for an unappealing sound on a given saber, you're suggesting we'll need to spend 'a nice chunk' of additional coins?

A system like this doesn't need to have cartel coins attached to it. Make it subscriber-only (with perhaps an option for preferred/F2P players that involves cartel coins if necessary). 

Also, folks have been asking for crafting to matter for a very long time, and weapon sounds have been floated for years as a way to give crafters something to make that actually matters besides augments and a few dyes. 

Part of the reason, in my view, SWTOR's population has dwindled to the levels it has is because almost all appealing cosmetic items and options are bought with cartel coins, with a tiny few remaining to be earned or made in the game itself. 

You had some good thoughts as well, Arunav. I looked at it from the cartel coins aspect because, really, it's more apt to get serious attention if it brings them money, and I think people would really pay a premium for this. I get your point, though. It would be good if we could craft some aspect that would alter our weapons in some way.

Hopefully, Devs see this thread and the good feedback in and it motivates them to move on some aspect of my ideas.

People, if you want this type of option, please like or post support. Thank you.