Map overlay not updating properly

KianSri

Curious if anyone else is having this issue? I submitted a bug report with the following:

The map overlay is not updating properly. Upon logging in, it does not show any quest objectives until the world map is toggled once, and then objectives will display on the overlay. Also, the overlay doesn't update to sync with player movement into a new location - it continues to show the previous map unless a) the overlay is open/active during movement into a new map, or b) the full world map is toggled once, and then the overlay will update accordingly. This issue is persistent through quick travel on the same planet, but not when travelling from one planet to another.

As a visual example, I just quick travelled from the Jedi Colony on Ossus to the Catacombs. I'm clearly physically at the catacombs, yet the overlay still shows the colony map.

Screenshot(33031).thumb.png.4d4c5f1664d841019c48c1570b527a6a.png

Yup. All the time. I think I quick travelled in Nar Shadaa and the overlay map still showed my ship hangar. 

Such a new feature and already we have bugs in it...

I think this post also applies to what you have described here: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931083-using-quick-travel-bugs-map/#comment-9777092

This bug was added to the player bug-tracker here: https://github.com/rfelleto/SWTOR-bug-tracker/issues/24

Edited by felleto
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes have been having this issue since the quick travel map update @JackieKo, and did not see it on the known bugs.

The overlay map is not syncing with updated quest objectives or change of area unless the world map is opened.  Once the world map is opened the overlay map updates.  I believe the mini-map is also lagging on the sync up with quest objectives and area change but am not sure bc I usually play with overlay map (which was a wonderful quality of life update when it was released btw).

Thanks for getting eyes on this!  It isn't the worst, but is annoying and immersion breaking to constantly have to toggle the world map open to sync the overlay map.

• Like 1

Yes also often having the same issue with quests target not showing, or direction if on/in another area. also often scavenging nodes don't always show. 

Yes have checked map filters to make sure it is selected. yes they were all removed and were set to QT points and taxis. WHY?

So a slight diversion from topic, but still relevant I think. Why are my setting often been changed? I login to a character to find that Rocket boost has been removed, quick travel, fleet pass, some time legacy mount, stealth. Some character just 1 or 2, other times as many as 10 abilities removed as from my ability bars. ????? Don't get it. 

On 10/2/2023 at 4:07 AM, DreadtechSavant said:

So a slight diversion from topic, but still relevant I think. Why are my setting often been changed? I login to a character to find that Rocket boost has been removed, quick travel, fleet pass, some time legacy mount, stealth. Some character just 1 or 2, other times as many as 10 abilities removed as from my ability bars. ????? Don't get it. 

This seems like a separate issue and you should make a separate thread for this.  I don't have that issue, this thread is for the map overlay not syncing to area/objectives.