Dear Broadsword,

oomaie

It sounds like SWTOR is going to be run pretty independently of Broadsword, so I wouldn't expect Broadsword to say much about SWTOR. It's up to the SWTOR team to do that. EA is still the publisher, so big announcements like an expansion could be promoted by EA (sending out press releases). Otherwise, it's just business as usual. Right now, I think they are gearing up for 7.3.1 (season 5) and 7.4 (next story update), probably have a livestream in the next month or two to formally announce them (like they always do).

18 hours ago, oomaie said:

Could you please introduce yourselves? Let us know your intent or vision for the future, or just say ANYTHING?! 

No need to introduce themselves, EA took a few decent devs this game had and dumped all the bad ones to BS. So team is the same as before so dont expect anything changing. Only thing you will see changing is having less content and officeally enter maintenance mode.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

I disagree. A professional company has business etiquette. 

Yes they have but BS role here nothing, EA dumped useless team members on them took decent ones so team is the same. How many times have you heard from keith since he took the lead? So it is th same one in charge so good luck getting any real roadmap from him or Musco. For years they ovrprimised under delevered and now same people will be running the game. BS has stuff to maintain servers vs. but the games they maintain dont get any updates so they dont have people to allocate to swtor. TBH for a long time this game run like clown fiesta so i wouldnt say a professional company and i am sure even BS dont know what they are gonna do for future since the game literally dumped on them. EA just kicked SWTor team out of their office so they can have office space for new devs they hire for new Dragon Age game. How the situation was handled was totally unprofessional so dont expect a professional aproach and make an announcement. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, omeru said:

Yes they have but BS role here nothing, EA dumped useless team members on them took decent ones so team is the same. How many times have you heard from keith since he took the lead? So it is th same one in charge so good luck getting any real roadmap from him or Musco. For years they ovrprimised under delevered and now same people will be running the game. BS has stuff to maintain servers vs. but the games they maintain dont get any updates so they dont have people to allocate to swtor. TBH for a long time this game run like clown fiesta so i wouldnt say a professional company and i am sure even BS dont know what they are gonna do for future since the game literally dumped on them. EA just kicked SWTor team out of their office so they can have office space for new devs they hire for new Dragon Age game. How the situation was handled was totally unprofessional so dont expect a professional aproach and make an announcement. 

Ouch

1 hour ago, omeru said:

Yes they have but BS role here nothing, EA dumped useless team members on them took decent ones so team is the same.

I wasn't aware this game ever had any decent team members. None that have ever seen the Prequels or watched a single episode of The Clone Wars series at any rate.

As for the future of the game under Broadsword - I'm fresh out of crystal balls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, oomaie said:

Could you please introduce yourselves? Let us know your intent or vision for the future, or just say ANYTHING?! 

For whatever it's worth ... I hope you have better luck than the rest of us getting a more favorable response.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

I wasn't aware this game ever had any decent team members. None that have ever seen the Prequels or watched a single episode of The Clone Wars series at any rate.

As for the future of the game under Broadsword - I'm fresh out of crystal balls.

de·cent

[ˈdēs(ə)nt]

ADJECTIVE

conforming with generally accepted standards of respectable or moral behavior:

"the good name of such a decent and innocent person"

SIMILAR: respectable, upright, upstanding, honorable, honest, appropriate; fitting:

"they would meet again after a decent interval"

SIMILAR: proper, correct, appropriate, apt, fitting, fit

not likely to shock or embarrass others:

And yes ... my crystal ball is still broken!  Annnnd...  I've reordered a new v7.4 .... Unfortunately, they're backordered!

(Go figure ... right?)

😉

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

Annnnd...  I've reordered a new v7.4 .... Unfortunately, they're backordered!

Never trust a crystal ball that's on backorder. If the crystal balls were half way decent, the manufacturers would have been able to see how many they would need and planned accordingly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, JenaSalton said:

Never trust a crystal ball that's on backorder. If the crystal balls were half way decent, the manufacturers would have been able to see how many they would need and planned accordingly. 

Don't start getting all technical on supply and demand!  

🤦‍♂️

(kids!! Good grief)

(yeah ... I'm just messin' with ya!)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

de·cent

[ˈdēs(ə)nt]

ADJECTIVE

conforming with generally accepted standards of respectable or moral behavior:

"the good name of such a decent and innocent person"

SIMILAR: respectable, upright, upstanding, honorable, honest, appropriate; fitting:

"they would meet again after a decent interval"

SIMILAR: proper, correct, appropriate, apt, fitting, fit

not likely to shock or embarrass others:

I took his usage of the word 'decent' in the context as being capable of good design, an understanding of the canon, and able to tell good stories.

But to give credit where credit is due, they did do a very good job with much of the vanilla content, if not always in keeping with the canon, but certainly closer than after vanilla.

As I'm sure you well know, I'm not the biggest fan of the story telling in this game, and my thought's on it's divergence from Lucas's vision.

But just for the record here, this is just my opinion. There are certainly players who would disagree with my view on some of these things and my opinion is no more valid than anyone elses. I'm sure there are many players who may love the stories in the game.

10 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

Have they actually been switched over to Broadsword already?  The last posts I could find talked about the switch but never said it had been done already or when it was due to happen. 

As far as I am aware, the switch has taken place, which is cause for some alarm considering the silence from Broadsword and considering it still says Bioware in the footnotes on every page of the forums and doesn't have Broadsword listed. Near as I can tell the only nod to Broadsword on the forums is the Broadsword symbol under the Dev's name when they post.

If the switch hadn't taken place officially the Broadsword symbol under the dev's name when they post would be inappropriate, they should still be using the Bioware symbol if it was still technically under Bioware.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

As far as I am aware, the switch has taken place, which is cause for some alarm considering the silence from Broadsword and considering it still says Bioware in the footnotes on every page of the forums and doesn't have Broadsword listed. Near as I can tell the only nod to Broadsword on the forums is the Broadsword symbol under the Dev's name when they post.

If the switch hadn't taken place officially the Broadsword symbol under the dev's name when they post would be inappropriate, they should still be using the Bioware symbol if it was still technically under Bioware.

I’d think there was a difference between taking control of the forums and taking control of the servers and development.  Not saying that I don’t agree that the symbol shouldn’t show until it is complete but I’ve seen too many times where something that is quick and easy to get done, gets done before other things that need it.

I would imagine that there is a transition period where BW is still ‘in control’ and servers, transferring devs, and any other things move or needed changes get made.  If the ‘official’ change of ownership is 15 August (and yes that is a made up guess) then BS still may not be in charge.  Of course, I’m sure things aren’t so cut and dry, they never are. 

I guess the main thing I’m getting at is people keep wanting a statement or something from BS but are they actually in charge yet?   If not, they may not want or be able to say anything. 

12 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

I wasn't aware this game ever had any decent team members.

Some interns showed they have potential, joke aside a team is good as their management is and sadly this game doomed with who BW put in charge. Put this management in charge of FF14 and in a few years game loses 90% of players. Do you remember even once Keith apologized from community? 7.0 release deserved a huge apology but he remained silent which means he thinks they did good job. So i dont blame devs sadly they have no chance to success with this management. 

Edited by omeru

25 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

Have they actually been switched over to Broadsword already?  The last posts I could find talked about the switch but never said it had been done already or when it was due to happen. 

The transition has already occured, about the only thing that's probably left are the small details. I've worked for large corporations in the past, and anytime a company is absorbed or merged, the name is immediately changed to reflect that change, notably from employees, whether it's your email, business cards, name on your desk, you name it. 

I wouldn't expect to read any pertinent information regarding the future of this game other than what's already been developed, mentioned or what they're finishing up. The old adage of, 'no news is good news' doesn't apply to most things in today's world, especially with how we've evolved in the communications field.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

I took his usage of the word 'decent' in the context as being capable of good design, an understanding of the canon, and able to tell good stories.

But to give credit where credit is due, they did do a very good job with much of the vanilla content, if not always in keeping with the canon, but certainly closer than after vanilla.

As I'm sure you well know, I'm not the biggest fan of the story telling in this game, and my thought's on it's divergence from Lucas's vision.

But just for the record here, this is just my opinion. There are certainly players who would disagree with my view on some of these things and my opinion is no more valid than anyone elses. I'm sure there are many players who may love the stories in the game.

You're right ... on this point we disagree.  That said, however, IMO ... we're about to find out what (or who) is behind door #3 (so-to-speak).  This game will either take a notable change for the better ... (in content ... availability of activities ... etc)

OR ..

We'll be told:  "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" ...  (if you catch my drift).

1 hour ago, Pirana said:

The transition has already occured, about the only thing that's probably left are the small details. I've worked for large corporations in the past, and anytime a company is absorbed or merged, the name is immediately changed to reflect that change, notably from employees, whether it's your email, business cards, name on your desk, you name it. 

I wouldn't expect to read any pertinent information regarding the future of this game other than what's already been developed, mentioned or what they're finishing up. The old adage of, 'no news is good news' doesn't apply to most things in today's world, especially with how we've evolved in the communications field.

Interesting - can you please provide the link that shows the transition has taken place?  I haven't been able to find anything that already shows the transition over, on either EA, Bioware, SWTOR or Broadsword's websites to indicate.  There was nothing in the forums from the developers other than the announcement, and we haven't moved to the AWS platform.

I'm interested in the timeline similar to how the Titanic voyage went, and would like to see from the transition date onward.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Darth-asgard said:

I would love to see paid expansions come to swtor. Big expansions with a ton of story, new jobs, classes, races etc. I'd pay for that.  

You have no idea how many times me and @TrixxieTriss  (and a couple of others) have said this!!

A +10 to you as well.

Hmmm ... come to think of it ... Seems like there was a pretty good suggestion on a couple of new classes (one for the Republic and the other for the counter part in the Empire).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sharpenedstick said:

Go play Baldur's Gate 3. It's amazing what a competent studio can do.

IMO ... some of the team members have had their hands tied for some time now!  Sooo ...  we're about to see by whom!  (just my opinion)

47 minutes ago, Amodin said:

Interesting - can you please provide the link that shows the transition has taken place?  I haven't been able to find anything that already shows the transition over, on either EA, Bioware, SWTOR or Broadsword's websites to indicate.  There was nothing in the forums from the developers other than the announcement, and we haven't moved to the AWS platform.

I'm interested in the timeline similar to how the Titanic voyage went, and would like to see from the transition date onward.

Nor will you find a link that an official transition has taken place, that isn't how this works, notably with such a small company as this. The name change under the employee's names is all you need to know and will probably ever know. It's not their responsibility to keep the customer base in the loop when it comes to internal operations. The only thing the customers needs to know is what the direction of this game is and where it currently stands. Now, I could tell you the sky is blue and it's your choice not to believe it.

Edited by Pirana