Stealth Damage

Nniuq_Doogah

I feel like my question is pretty simple, I just need to word it clearly. 

I'm new and am playing a Deception Assassin. I'm wondering if while I'm using force cloak in combat, am I dealing additional damage while in stealth mode? Do I get the added damage for that? Or is that move really purely for reducing threat and making yourself less of a target? I ask because I was thinking about getting the tactical that gives you two force cloak charges. Otherwise I'll probably just get the ball lightning one or the one that gives you two charges of phantom stride as far as tacticals go. 

Edited by Nniuq_Doogah

Stealth affects some of the abilities you have.

• Reaping Strike - Only usable from Stealth or within 15 seconds of a critical strike.
  • Maul - Deals more damage if you hit the target from behind. It's much easier to hit a target from behind when you are in Stealth.
  • Dark Embrace (level 23 passive) - Force regeneration increased by 25% and damage taken reduced by 15% while in Stealth and for 15 seconds after leaving Stealth. Force Cloak, because it grants Stealth, gives you another 15 seconds of these effects.
  • Maul Spike (level 27 mod) - Using Maul from Stealth stuns the target for 2 seconds. Standard and weak enemies are also knocked down. I haven't tested this against players, but I think players are considered Strong, so just the 2 second stun and no knockdown (but I could be wrong).
  • Shroud of Madness (level 73 mod) - Using Force Cloak grants 2 seconds of Force Shroud:
    • Force Shroud - Purge all hostile removable effects and increase your chance to resist Force and tech attacks by 200%.

22 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Stealth affects some of the abilities you have.

• Reaping Strike - Only usable from Stealth or within 15 seconds of a critical strike.
  • Maul - Deals more damage if you hit the target from behind. It's much easier to hit a target from behind when you are in Stealth.
  • Dark Embrace (level 23 passive) - Force regeneration increased by 25% and damage taken reduced by 15% while in Stealth and for 15 seconds after leaving Stealth. Force Cloak, because it grants Stealth, gives you another 15 seconds of these effects.
  • Maul Spike (level 27 mod) - Using Maul from Stealth stuns the target for 2 seconds. Standard and weak enemies are also knocked down. I haven't tested this against players, but I think players are considered Strong, so just the 2 second stun and no knockdown (but I could be wrong).
  • Shroud of Madness (level 73 mod) - Using Force Cloak grants 2 seconds of Force Shroud:
    • Force Shroud - Purge all hostile removable effects and increase your chance to resist Force and tech attacks by 200%.

Maul Spike is certainly a very strong option and worth mentioning for PvP, but Dark Embrace is a bit moot. It also triggers from using Maul and you'll certainly want to use Maul once every 15 seconds anyway. So you'll always have Dark Embrace active regardless of whether you just stealthed out or not.