7.3 Credit Economy Initiative: Updates and the GTN

I have some simple(?) ideas I think would help.

I see the emotions/Passion between some of the people here so let me preface this by saying I'm not trying to offend anyone! I'm a long-time player and supporter of the game never breaking my sub since launch. I still have the disc set.  Even when I don't play it I still pay monthly because I love the game that much. These are just suggestions folks.. I'm someone that's sitting on excess credits as well so I feel what everyone is saying here. Here's how we can spend the money. I think.

Premium Buffs: Introduce premium services that players can purchase with credits, such as faster travel times, increased experience gain, or bonus loot drops from enemies. Put these as buffs/stims sold by an in-game vendor with effects that can last for up to a week forcing players to rebuy it each week. It doesn't take away from players who can't afford it but it def is a premium service. Maybe change which buffs we get each week.

Currency Rework: Get rid of all the other in-game currencies. They are pointless. Just make everything cost credits unlocked through the rep system. Split the Credits into Republic Credits and Imperial Credits and choose exclusive items for both sides and also items that can be brought with credit. Keep CC store stuff but perhaps take away some of the items that over-perform on GTN. 

Galactic War Chests: Get rid of all the other chests. Have just one. Introduce a new type of chest that players can purchase with credits to gain access to rare or exclusive items, such as mounts, pets, or cosmetic armor sets. These could and should be randomized to keep people spending a healthy amount of credits. Again the idea here is to get people to spend the credits they have so the economy can stabilize. 

Bounty Hunting: Allow players to pay credits to place bounties on other players. Players can then attempt to capture or kill the target to collect the bounty, providing a fun and competitive pvp gameplay experience while also removing credits from the economy. There should be a button to press that would allow you to participate in this mode. It's basically an open pvp mode with credits attached to it. Sort of reminds me of what GTA Online does if you kill a person they drop money but you can also put a bounty on anyone and anyone can collect it. 

Reputation Boosts: Allow players to purchase reputation boosts with credits, which would increase the rate at which they gain reputation with certain factions or groups in the game.

Transaction Fees: Introduce a small percentage fee for each transaction made on the GTN. For example, you could charge a 2-5% fee on all items sold on the GTN. 

GTN taxes:  Implement a sales tax on all items sold on the GTN. This would work similarly to transaction fees but would be a fixed percentage added to the total sale price of the item, rather than a percentage of the profits earned from the sale.

Premium GTN Services: Offer premium services on the GTN that players can purchase with credits. For example, you could allow players to pay credits for faster delivery times or increased visibility for their listings. These premium services would help to remove credits from the economy while also providing additional benefits to players who are willing to pay for them. Sort of like a verified seller on Amazon. 

Personal Starship Upgrades: allow players to spend credits to upgrade their personal starship with new cosmetic features or functional upgrades, such as increased storage space or faster travel times. Also would be cool to purchase and use any ship from the class stories for any character. Let us fully customize the interior with credit brought items. Again you could add a vendor here for this as well. Could be a cheaper alternative to the SH.. All credit based.

Galactic Bank (hear me out lol):

Investment Opportunities: A Galactic Bank could offer investment opportunities for players, such as interest-bearing accounts or investment options that allow players to earn a return on their saved credits.

Also, allow new players to take out loans from either the bank or players with a certain amount of credits in their account. The loans could then be paid back using a payment system. This would go very far in helping the game feel more alive and help deal with credit sellers outside the game. 

Currency Exchange: A Galactic Bank could also provide a currency exchange service, allowing players to exchange one type of currency for another, such as Republic Credits for Imperial Credits or Cartel Coins for Credits.

I know this sounds complicated but it doesn't have to be! The simpler the better in my humble opinion. I know these are credit sinks but I think they are creative ways to solve our inflation issue. Im not saying BW has to do all of these or any of these, I'm just trying to get the wheels turning!

Sidebar: Remember when 100k was rich?  haha

Edited by klashis
clarity
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, black_pyros said:

Taxes on sales are standard thing in real economies as well. While in real life they are used by governments as a fund for services for citizens like health care or education, in game they are used as a credit sink to maintain a balance between credits generated and destroyed to prevent inflation.

A NEW SUB STARTS WITH ZERO CREDITS! CAN'T DO ANYTHING!

Taxes when originally set up on ANY LEVEL, thru out history, a citizen would pay taxes for PROTECTION! Lords would force people to fight for them to stay on their land, then gov't started using them to FUND THE GOV"T. In game NOT NEEDED because they are providing NOTHING and accomplish nothing. other than pissing people off, a credit sink maybe BUT NOT ENOUGH when you refuse to fix a problem 1000% created by BW. Yet they do this EVERY TIME they have new crafting level. They make it a reward for NON-CRAFTING missions, IE an OP, so you have raiding guilds/teams getting rich running 30 ops a week or MEGAGUILDS literally have crafting side guilds where all they do is craft AUGS, and whatever is needed, so if you are a solo player YOU ARE SCREWED, you cannot keep up and A NEW PLAYER HAS ZERO CHANCE without a guild. They have FORCED NEW SUBS to join or grind for MONTHS just because they think they can nickle and dime BILLIONAIRES! The items that get sold the most on the gtn are crafting mats, OEMs and RPMs have made people rich and they set that system up, they KNOW THIS! Yet they refuse to change that ONE SIMPLE THING, crafting MATS should be for CRAFTING missions, FRAG RUNS ARE THE NORMAL these days, not for the Op but for the FRAGS to buy OEM/RPM and sell or craft and sell. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Lost-Savage-XIII said:

gov't started using them to FUND THE GOV"T.

Taxes also have pretty important macroeconomic functions. They are useful for generating revenue, yes, but their other functions are more important for virtual economies.

Most importantly, taxes remove currency from circulation, thus helping to reduce inflation. It's the most direct tool (sans literally deleting credits from the game) to help reduce inflation, and it's necessary in a video game where resource generation and accumulation is infinite and limited only by the amount of time a player has to invest.

they are providing NOTHING and accomplish nothing.

They are removing currency from the economy and reducing inflation. It shrinks the money supply.

The items that get sold the most on the gtn are crafting mats, OEMs and RPMs have made people rich and they set that system up, they KNOW THIS! Yet they refuse to change that ONE SIMPLE THING, crafting MATS should be for CRAFTING missions, FRAG RUNS ARE THE NORMAL these days, not for the Op but for the FRAGS to buy OEM/RPM and sell or craft and sell. 

It is bewildering to me how people on this forum manage to tunnel vision every single problem into being about their specific pet peeve with the game. Hyperinflation is incredibly complicated, even in virtual economies, and pretending that there's any single cause, or any single solution, is asinine. 

If you have a problem with guilds having a virtual monopoly on resources, you should be happy that all of their trades with these resources will now incur a fee. This'll help reduce the influx of credits they receive. It might not change their status at the top, but it will help constrict just how many credits these mega guilds have and hoard.

Edited by jedimasterjac
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lost-Savage-XIII said:

Taxes when originally set up on ANY LEVEL, thru out history, a citizen would pay taxes for PROTECTION! Lords would force people to fight for them to stay on their land, then gov't started using them to FUND THE GOV"T. In game NOT NEEDED because they are providing NOTHING and accomplish nothing.

I think you are taking this a bit too seriously. The game AND all the credits exist in a fictional universe with fictional governments. That fictional GTN is run by a fictional cartel of Hutts who are legendary for hoarding fictional money. They are raising the fictional transaction fees. Get mad at them.  Your fictional credits are stored in a fictional service of some time (because you don't carry around stacks and stacks of credit chips filling your inventory). They are raising the cost to transfer those credits to other fictional players.

It's not "taxes" in the sense of a government entity. If it were, the prices on purchased goods would go up (sales tax) and the price to keep a Stronghold would be periodic and not just "buy once" (property tax) and the payout from quests or jobs would have an amount you have to send to a government every year (income tax.)  Everything in the game is a fictional service, and those service fees can go up.

It's okay to be disappointed in how difficult it is for new and returning players to participate in the player economy. That stinks. However, it's still all make-believe. If it does not bring you joy, then I hope you find something that does.

**edit**

It could do us a lot of good to stop calling these things "taxes" and start calling them by more appropriate names for their purpose. "GTN cut" or "wire transfer fees" or "transaction fees" are all more descriptive and are lore-friendly too.

Edited by thoughtfix
Last paragraph

On 5/1/2023 at 11:44 AM, JoeStramaglia said:
  • What do you like about how the GTN currently functions?
  • What do you dislike about how the GTN currently functions?
  • Is there anything you wish you could do on the GTN that you cannot do currently?
  • Are there any specific filters, searches, or ways of finding items you particularly like or that you wish existed?
  • What kinds of information do you use to decide when to make a purchase? If you could have more information what would you want?

filtering by quality doesn't work consistently enough. sometimes I'll filter only artifact and still get greens in my results. I would like longer pages and forward/backward options at the top and bottom of each page. I think that's about it. otherwise, the only problem is inflation for me.

This stuff all sounds fine, but I still think that charging for Quick Travel is a mistake. Personally, I don't use it as much, and when I do, it's only to the nearest taxi. It's changing how I do things, as well. For example, this week is Bounty week, and I just don't have the time or interest to fiddle around with taxis (and I just will NOT pay 5K to travel via a power I already bought and upgraded).

I have noticed a significant increase in repair costs, as well, and it's kind of crazy that my range toons who are rarely hit at all are paying the same repairs as my melee toons that get smashed all over the place.  Still, I can live with that. It's the Quick Travel cost that really ticks me off. Ditto having to pay to exit our SH--most of those cost millions to unlock (and then decorate), and it was a sub perk to be able to exit to the planet or the fleet. But now you have to both sub AND pay. Ridiculous.

No, neither of those things costs much unless you are really just starting out (in which case I do NOT recommend even getting Quick Travel now, and I definitely wouldn't if I were starting now), but it's chipping away at quality of life perks that we paid for already (with credits and/or our subs). Anyway, it just makes me so angry that I go out of my way not to even use Quick Travel anymore, and to be honest, I see a LOT of players taking taxis now. I guess that's a credit sink, too, but at least it's cheaper than 5K to travel across Coruscant. Let's think, pay 50 creds or 5K? Or inter-fleet travel. Pay 0 credits or 1-5k (I honestly forget because no way am I paying it).  Hmm, tough call.

Anyway, I have started "playing" the market more now to make the creds to pay for even the Quick Travels to the closest spot (and then the taxis), so I guess that's something. I am getting creds from other players to pay to the game for things I already paid for/unlocked. So annoying.

Moving on the GTN is a good move, though, since that is where things are really crazy (to include trades and sales outside the market, of course). You might also want to think about binding stuff bought with real money to the legacy rather than letting them turn around and sell it for credits; that's where all the super high-priced things come from (excluding gold augments, which really are super expensive/time consuming to craft and are worth every credit anyone can get for them . . . hmmm, it's almost like these should be easier to make, too? since the parts can't be bought for credits, all the credits earned just transfer to another player and don't do a thing to address the economy).

And now I am rambling. Sorry, I get really aggravated just THINKING about paying for Quick Travel, and it kind of sets me off. I'm really fine with the market/trade/email etc. changes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TahliahCOH said:

Anyway, I have started "playing" the market more now to make the creds to pay for even the Quick Travels to the closest spot (and then the taxis), so I guess that's something. I am getting creds from other players to pay to the game for things I already paid for/unlocked. So annoying.

No offense, but that isn't accurate at all. I started a new character from scratch and by the time they were on Voss they had well over 1M from selling junk, doing some heroics here and there, and doing a handful of FPs on the way. Every mission I'd quick travel back to the nearest point and speeder it, and when I was done with the planet I'd go all the way back to the start if needed (like Hoth, for example).

The prices are a bit steep when you very first start, and that definitely needs to be addressed as it can cause problems. But you don't need to play the market and you get more than enough credits to quick travel to the nearest speeder.

Edited by Sanchpanza

On 5/3/2023 at 1:22 AM, Stellarcrusade said:

A complete solution to the economy that would fix it now and forever - limit that a legacy can only transfer 10 million credits a day, and move the GTN maximum per item down from 1 billion to 10 million.  Gold sellers would be instantly out of business, gougers that want to sell things for too much will be unable.  It basically puts a ceiling on any 1 item to be 10 million.  If someone has 50 trillion credits they'd have the same buying power as someone with 100 million.

Problem solved.  And before you panic because you realize you will only be able to sell your stuff for 10 million, keep in mind that'll be tied for the highest priced item in the game.  The ability to distinguish a super rare item and a kinda rare item is really not needed.  

i love this idea , my idea was to drop credit lvl to 50b for whole legacy and give people 1 month to reduce it from the hundreds of billions they have , a idea for reducing it was a special vendor that sells Operation mounts ( wings , titan 6 , ect ) at 50b each and before anyone says about those that worked for them , you can buy a boost run for timed and wings in DF for 70b so really no difference.  50b is more than enough to do anything within the game 

21 hours ago, jedimasterjac said:

It is bewildering to me how people on this forum manage to tunnel vision every single problem into being about their specific pet peeve with the game. Hyperinflation is incredibly complicated, even in virtual economies, and pretending that there's any single cause, or any single solution, is asinine. 

If you have a problem with guilds having a virtual monopoly on resources, you should be happy that all of their trades with these resources will now incur a fee. This'll help reduce the influx of credits they receive. It might not change their status at the top, but it will help constrict just how many credits these mega guilds have and hoard.

You just did exactly what you are accusing me of doing, however my "petpeeve" as you call it has the added benefit of being correct. When OEMs and RPMs they were 500-600 MILLION a piece on the GTN, So if you are able to run 4 ops a night OR HAVE A GUILD DEDICATED to crafting you skip the oem/rpm stage and craft augs/13's and sell them for a BILL, the game created an item that YOU HAD TO HAVE TO CRAFT, hence a crafting MAT, then they made it so that EARLY ON the higher end players and guilds could manipulate to make BILLIONS. They have the info they can tell you exactly what is sold and how, but they refuse.

Your academic knowledge of taxes is just that ACADEMIC, SWTOR economy is 1000% different because there is NOTHING PROVIDED for the  taxes, Yes it takes money out but on a BILLION credit sale its what 80k, so doesnt hurt a billionaire. and pisses the community off. Smart

IN GAME economies are NOT IRL economies, they need to give back to the player base to justify WHY they are taking money out, an actual CREDIT SINK that affects the UBER wealthy, and works without hurting the NEW PLAYER BASE. There is zero problem with the GTN fees, and the GTN works fine enough that the GTN IS NOT THE PROBLEM, so why are they head faking us, distract us till we forget thay are going to make us buy skills AGAIN!! People cant level their first toons because they cant afford it. That is what taxes and nickle and diming people in this economy does, HURTS NEW PLAYERS! If you can not admit that you are part of the problem.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lost-Savage-XIII said:

Yes it takes money out but on a BILLION credit sale its what 80k

8% of one billion is 80 million. That's significant.

80 000 000

hey need to give back to the player base to justify WHY they are taking money out

No they don't.

That is what taxes and nickle and diming people in this economy does, HURTS NEW PLAYERS!

A tax on sellers and givers doesn't hurt new players, though. 

Edited by jedimasterjac

14 hours ago, thoughtfix said:

It could do us a lot of good to stop calling these things "taxes" and start calling them by more appropriate names for their purpose. "GTN cut" or "wire transfer fees" or "transaction fees" are all more descriptive and are lore-friendly too.

It doesn't matter what you call them, they are TAXES, if not you can not charge the mail because the HUTTS do not own that! It's also funny to me that they talk about lore when it suits them and when players bring it up they say well its just a game, or we didn't take it that seriously. THEY CALL IT TAXES by the way just so you know. HENCE them removing the "TAX AVOIDENCE" guild ship thing. So deal with the wording and stop defending them. I started a new toon yesterday gave it 50 mill and at level 53 I have 37 Million. I collect everything. Try it yourself you will see that they economy itself WITHOUT THE CRAFTING MATS is fine, you actually lose money leveling.

8 minutes ago, jedimasterjac said:

8% of one billion is 80 million. That's significant.

A tax on sellers and givers doesn't hurt new players, though. 

Why do you capitalize things like that

You are right on the math not sure why i put K on the end and 80 is not when you get 920.

How can you say that these taxes and adjustments MAINLY the QT tax HURTS new players, especially when 5% of the time the map is wrong and sends you to the wrong place. 

TAXES hurt those with less money simply because they HAVE less money

• Like 1

• Dev Post

Hey everyone! First of all, we love the feedback and ideas. Please keep them coming! If you like a particular suggestion make sure you voice your opinion or drop the poster a like! 

I hope you had a chance to catch the stream to see a few more tidbits of information related to these changes. If you missed it, check it out on YouTube!

I wanted to touch on some of the points I made there and clarify some of the questions raised so far in the thread.

Can We Remove the Quick Travel Costs?

We do need small sinks in the game just like large ones. I know this one is a bit divisive, and it's something we’re monitoring closely. I can say that we’re open to making adjustments to it, but do not have plans to remove it at this time.

Trade/Mail Fees - who pays?

The party responsible for all fees is the one who is sending the credits or taxed items. If an exchange is occurring that has taxed items or credits on both sides, then both parties would be paying a fee depending on the value of their side of the exchange.

So if I am sending you a mail with credits, the amount you enter is the amount the receiver will get, but the amount you will pay to send it will be that amount + 8% (plus the normal postage fee). This does mean that if you were to gift someone credits they will receive the amount you are intending to give them, but it will cost you that amount plus the associated fee.

If you are sending items or mail between your own characters there will not be any additional assessed fees currently. Receivers of items and credits will not pay a fee.

How do Item Transaction Fees work?

Some items initially will have a value associated with them, this is based on their average value on the GTN and some other conversions based on the current economy. Eventually, this will be completely driven by the GTN.

The primary reason we need to have items that have fees is to limit tax avoidance through the use of barter-only trades and prevent folks from moving off of credits entirely to facilitate transactions.

Buy Orders!?

Yes! We will let you know more about this feature in the future as it's going to be a bit until we can unveil that functionality, but I did want to mention it as one of the reasons to be excited about this overhaul.

Exceptions to Trades Under a Certain Value

Unfortunately, any exceptions leave room for abuse. Even if most folks would use it for altruistic means such as gifts, it creates a loophole for those looking to dodge the system. We’ll be keeping a close eye on how folks behave under this system with the existing exceptions to see if we need to make further changes.

Adjusting the Buyout Price Limit

This is the cap on prices in the GTN. We’re looking to increase this so that most items except potentially the rarest can be sold easily but details will come later when we unveil the overhaul.

Lore/Naming

Yeah, when we talk about these things out of character a lot it makes sense to refer to these as “taxes”, but the more appropriate name for them is Fees. The GTN has Commission Fees, the Mail and Trade will be Transaction Fees. So while we might use them interchangeably they will be displayed in game as those names!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the response and the clarifications. Really appreciate your work and openness! Looking forward to seeing this develop.

4 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

one of the reasons to be excited about this overhaul.

Is that part of the 7.3 overhaul, or the upcoming, later overhaul?

• Like 1

• Dev Post
Just now, jedimasterjac said:

Is that part of the 7.3 overhaul, or the upcoming, later overhaul?

The GTN Changes will be in a later patch, 7.3 contains only the updates mentioned in the original post. Stay tuned for more information - I'll definitely be posting about it as we get closer to release. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ebcbrakes said:

i love this idea , my idea was to drop credit lvl to 50b for whole legacy and give people 1 month to reduce it from the hundreds of billions they have , a idea for reducing it was a special vendor that sells Operation mounts ( wings , titan 6 , ect ) at 50b each and before anyone says about those that worked for them , you can buy a boost run for timed and wings in DF for 70b so really no difference.  50b is more than enough to do anything within the game 

So the people that have been working since launch to build their wealth in game get punished this is just dumb and will be bad for the game cause the people that have been playing for a long time help fund guilds and have grinded and paid Real money for Cartel coins this suggestion will Kill the game.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

We do need small sinks in the game just like large ones. I know this one is a bit divisive, and it's something we’re monitoring closely. I can say that we’re open to making adjustments to it, but do not have plans to remove it at this time.

While I'm fine with QT Travel Costs why are they 10x more than a speeder?  These should be in line with speeder costs else they feel punitive to those that earned QT opens. 

I'd also like to bring up the cost of leaving a Stronghold as a complaint.  This is lunacy.  We all paid millions to get a Stronghold.  Part of the feature was to have a place on a planet that you can use.  You want to talk about a wealth drain, Strongholds are a good way to do so.  They cost to obtain, open, and to decorate.  Leaving to the planet should be no cost to the owner.

Edited by sandstroller
mispelling
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Hey everyone! First of all, we love the feedback and ideas. Please keep them coming! If you like a particular suggestion make sure you voice your opinion or drop the poster a like! 

I

Hey Joe, thanks for telling us a little more about what you're planning. 

I have a small question, tho, having read your latest post:

Have you considered the effect of those limits/payments into running guilds in the game and how it'll impact the way community has been running things? I ask because the first thing in my mind when I read the taxing situation is that we'll have to take a lot more of this into account while handling our usual guild activities.

For a little more background, I am one of the admins of a reasonably big guild on Star Forge; as most big guilds, although we aren't a conquest guild, we do make guild payouts for Top 10 + anyone doing 750K + cq/week. Normally, we'll handle these payouts through email (and develop a huge hatred for the "Couldn't delive this mail operation" message); and the higher prizes are accompanied by items. 

Equally, we regularly run competition events - PvP tournaments in our guild SH; speedrunning flashpoints; Pod-Racing or Hutt-Racing; Fashion shows; straight up giveaways... You know the drill. If we're paying fees for each of these events, we'll probably have to be more careful on our regular cash-flow balance, but, really, the thing that bugs me is that... We'll probably have to lower the quality of our prizes if our taxes are going to be regulated by the market. 

For last Pirate Incursion week, only for Conquest competitions, we were giving as prizes 2 JT-9 Jetpacks, a Mandalorian Reforged set, a vectron Mynock, a Mythossaur Hunter... I could go on. Half of the prizes were being disputed only by newcomers, which is a way of also giving newer players access to this cool stuff that isn't that easy to get. However, if I'm paying on how much the market thinks it's needed to be paid for each of these items, we'd probably have to cut back significantly. 

Perhaps it would be good to consider in which manners we could try to give guilds some leeway with this as to keep encouraging guilds/people to give and build communities that all get to enjoy. (Not saying no taxes, just wondering if perhaps it would be more interesting to rework "tax evasion" from a complete removal into a perk we could choose to pay reduced taxes for in-guild trades? Or some other solution/incentive? idk).

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Small sinks are good to balance things out. But since you are introducing a BIG one with tax/fee avoidance loophole fix, then the small one is so so tiny that pales in comparison. It could go from inconsecuential to actually work against the balance. So why have it when it creates more problems than it actually solve?

Don't want to remove it? then fix the issue of the cost in low level planets. Either make it cost the same a closer taxi points to position, or remove the cost in all planets from starting up to Nar Shadaa.

Buy Orders!?

Yes! We will let you know more about this feature in the future as it's going to be a bit until we can unveil that functionality, but I did want to mention it as one of the reasons to be excited about this overhaul.

Please, be careful with that feature.

As much as i would love purchase orders as i'm a crafter who spends time searching and has patience to find cheap mats, it has its disadvantages:
a-Could benefit most to bots and credit seller farmers.
b-Even without going the illegal ways, regular whales can exploit it to get unfair advantages every time BW messes things like with 6.0 limited conquest mats at launch.
If that case was horrible without having purchase orders, imagine if that had been there.
c-The drama we will have every time a 'distracted' player sale something for pennies what it actually pays millions just because the interface does not offer good info or warnings.

How could those be mitigated?
a- By imposing heavy limits. No purchase orders for f2p/preferred to start. But i would also limit how many can be posted at the same time to legacy and not per character.
b- We need to know how would the next crafting system works before even thinking on purchase orders. As it was in 6.0, then no. As 5.x (before ossus) or in between with mats not being heavy limited in supply then yes.
c- With warnings when there are huge gaps in current averages prices and a really good UI that offfers market info-->Statistics should be implemented first.

Exceptions to Trades Under a Certain Value

Unfortunately, any exceptions leave room for abuse. Even if most folks would use it for altruistic means such as gifts, it creates a loophole for those looking to dodge the system. We’ll be keeping a close eye on how folks behave under this system with the existing exceptions to see if we need to make further changes.

I'm sure there could be some exceptions in place that could not be abused that much. I mean, for example if you make it so anything below 5M credits (or item value) does not pays fees in P2P/Mail then i don't see much room for abuse. The amount of time required to make so many small transactions.

General feedback that i did not post before, i know most have already been addresed or even confirmed, but i had a draft so here it goes:

* What do you like about how the GTN currently functions?

Having all in one place. As in not requiring switch faction or entering multiple different 'networks' to search the same.

* What do you dislike about how the GTN currently functions?

Ordering by unit price is bugged since i can remember.
Forcing sub categories selection
Outdate filters/categories

* Is there anything you wish you could do on the GTN that you cannot do currently?

Max price should be paired with character credit cap.
Statistics/history data.
Pay with legacy credits (with visible warning)
Update filters/categories in general.
Keep sales up to 7 days.
Direct/Faster reset of expired sales. Before sending by mail there could be a temp storage inside gtn that allow this.

* Are there any specific filters, searches, or ways of finding items you particularly like or that you wish existed?

Would love grade (for mats) and rating filters (for gear).

* What kinds of information do you use to decide when to make a purchase? If you could have more information what would you want?

What i have, what i want to spend, what i would consider fair pricing.

Extra, this was asked by many like purchase orders and i also think nice feature but it could be a problem as well:

Purchase selectable amounts from stacks:
When some seller is too big, smaller ones currently can work things by grouping diferently the stacks.
Remove the fixed stacks and new/smaller crafters would have less chance.
Also Managing undercuts of single/less big stacks would be too easy for bots and whales with little effort and control.

Now I think the feature could be ok if at least these two things are also implemented:
-Same price goes to the same pool, buyers don't even know who the seller is and a round robin could also be implemented.
-Impose a control to undercuts. Like forcing at least 5%. That way we don't get 1 credit undercut wars.

Edited by Balameb
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, DrakoOnasi said:

So the people that have been working since launch to build their wealth in game get punished this is just dumb and will be bad for the game cause the people that have been playing for a long time help fund guilds and have grinded and paid Real money for Cartel coins this suggestion will Kill the game.

the only people that would leave are the greedy idiots that are driving up all the prices 10, 000% just so they can hit credit cap , when there is no need for that amount , but i knew overly rich people would say it was stupid isea and you proved me right

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Biggest issue with the current implementation is that it disproportionally affects newer players, who barely have credits at all. People have suggested the price increases with your character level, but I think a better approach would be to have it scale with Legacy level. Probably a much better indicator of how much time has been invested in the game.

• Like 6

We Remove the Quick Travel Costs?

In regards to the Quick Travel costs, I think removing it from the starter planets and capitals would do a lot to lessen the strain on new players.

• Like 6

How do Item Transaction Fees work?

Some items initially will have a value associated with them, this is based on their average value on the GTN and some other conversions based on the current economy. Eventually, this will be completely driven by the GTN.

Will this be  based on GTN listed prices, or on actual GTN sales?

Listed prices are sometimes much higher then what the items actually sell for. (I see bronze cartel items, normally listed 250k or less frequently bought out and relisted at 50mil or higher.)