YOU (EA) Caused my Guild to get CLEANED OUT.. by changing the ranks, when our GM transferRed the GM role to me.

Alpoo

YOU (EA) Caused my Guild to get CLEANED OUT.. by changing the ranks, when our GM transferred the GM role to me. Customer asked that I post here. Issue When our GM Transferred GM to me.You GUYs reset all ranks and opened up the guild bank.. in a matter of minutes two people Cleaned out the guild..Billions of credits (4.294 bill) and tons of valuable items. This Robbery was EA's fault and Customer said someone needs to take responsibility and make amends! Was it a bug? I don't know..but it happened AND it was totally uncalled for! The player was a guild member ...but ...it was YOU who opened up the bank by changing  ranks..NOT us. Thus YOU are the reason we lost a billions in credits and items...YET the player The thief goes unpunished,,,his account is still working and we are crapped on!

• Haha 1

Were you a non-subscriber at the point that the leadership was transferred?  If so, the guild temporarily(1) became an F2P guild, and the ranks get reset to the default five.  Seems odd that the bank permissions got reset to "anyone can access anything" rather than "only the leader can access anything", but...

(1) You're clearly a subscriber now, since you can post here.

EDIT: and the old guild leader would have had (and ignored) a warning that the change of leadership to a non-sub would demote the guild to F2P status.  Equally, the game doesn't let people access the guild bank for credits while the guild is F2P, so the folks who emptied the bank would have had to wait until you subscribed to take the credits.

Of course, if you were already a subscriber at that point, ...

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Something doesn't add up.  I have to wonder if the former GM redid the permissions so that it could happen after he transferred leadership.  For two people to clear them out in minutes of the transfer means they had to have been right by the guild bank.  

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Were you a non-subscriber at the point that the leadership was transferred?  If so, the guild temporarily(1) became an F2P guild, and the ranks get reset to the default five.  Seems odd that the bank permissions got reset to "anyone can access anything" rather than "only the leader can access anything", but...

When I cancelled my subs, which caused my guilds to downgrade to F2P status, not only where the guild ranks reset but everyone in the guild was demoted to the lowest rank in the guild.  The default setting blocks access to guild bank tabs.  I have also had the situation where I did not log in on the guild leader within 28-days and leadership was passed to another character.  When that happened none of the guild ranks or settings changed.  The OP's story smells of shenanigans.  It is certainly possible that something happened, that they encountered a bug, but I suspect that something else happened.

In my prior guild, before creating my own, the guild leader was leading in absentia.  This went on for over a year before the GM decided to pass leadership to someone else, but before they did they cleaned out the guild bank of all valuable items and credits.

The OP's GM likely had another character in the guild and cleaned house before leaving, or perhaps could have changed rank settings before leaving and the OP was unaware.

23 hours ago, Alpoo said:

YOU (EA) Caused my Guild to get CLEANED OUT.. by changing the ranks, when our GM transferred the GM role to me. Customer asked that I post here. Issue When our GM Transferred GM to me.You GUYs reset all ranks and opened up the guild bank.. in a matter of minutes two people Cleaned out the guild..Billions of credits (4.294 bill) and tons of valuable items. This Robbery was EA's fault and Customer said someone needs to take responsibility and make amends! Was it a bug? I don't know..but it happened AND it was totally uncalled for! The player was a guild member ...but ...it was YOU who opened up the bank by changing  ranks..NOT us. Thus YOU are the reason we lost a billions in credits and items...YET the player The thief goes unpunished,,,his account is still working and we are crapped on!

Your profile says you joined 23 hours ago, or about the time you made this post:  Were you a 'Free to Play' account when Guild Leadership was transferred to you?  If so, that might explain much of your issues as F2P characters can only lead F2P guilds, which are much more limited in their features:

What is a Free-to-Play Guild?

When we introduced the Free-to-Play option, we wanted to be careful to preserve the social experience provided by guilds in Star Wars: The Old Republic, regardless of whether a player is a Subscriber, a former Subscriber or a new Free-to-Play player.

To do this, we made Free-to-Play guilds available as an option for non-Subscribers who would like to enjoy a more social environment.  

Free-to-Play guilds offer all the social aspects of guild membership familiar to our players, but they do also have a smaller number of features available to them.

Players who would like to create or join a Free-to-Play guild should be aware of the following:

• Members of Free-to-Play guilds may not choose when their Guild Tag is displayed.
  • Guild leaders of Free-to-Play guilds may not personalize Guild Rank Names or alter the default rank permissions for their Guild members.
  • Guild members (including the guild leader) may not access the guild bank unless they choose to spend Cartel Coins to unlock access.

As a Guild Leader, if I switch to Free-to-Play, what will change?

The most important thing for you to be aware of as a guild leader is that only Subscribers may be guild leaders of Subscriber Guilds in Star Wars: The Old Republic.  If you plan to become a Preferred player, you should prepare your guild for the transition by passing your leadership on to a guild member that plans to remain a Subscriber.  

If you do not do this prior to your account status changing, the system will automatically pass guild leadership on to the highest ranked active Subscriber in your guild once your account changes to Preferred. You will remain a member of your guild and will have Preferred player access to guild features.

As a guild member, if I move from a Subscriber to the Free-to-Play option, what will change?

If you are not the leader of your guild, then choosing to switch to the Preferred option will not affect the status of your guild. However, you will have limited access to certain guild features. Please be aware that Cartel Coins can be spent to expand Free-to-Play features, including unlocking guild bank access.

If my guild becomes a Free-to-Play guild, what will happen to the items in our guild bank?

The items in your guild bank remain as before, and will be accessible to all guild members who have used Cartel Coins to unlock guild bank access for their character(s), and who have the correct rank to withdraw items according to the permissions set by the guild leader.

How can I tell whether I belong to a Subscriber or Free-to-Play guild?

If you are a member of a Free-to-Play guild, you will see a message informing you of this on your guild window. Press  to open your guild window at any time. If you have bound your  key to another action, you can press  to open the social window, and click on the Guild tab there instead.

If one of our guild members becomes a Subscriber, will our guild become a Subscriber guild?

If the guild leader becomes a Subscriber, then yes, the guild will be automatically become a Subscriber Guild. However, this does not apply if other guild officers or members become a Subscriber

It kinda sounds like your guild became 'F2P' somehow (not even certain if subscriber guild leadership can be passed to a F2P player) which reset your ranks and permissions to their default settings, which in turn granted your 'thieves' full access to the guild bank because they had purchased vault access with CCs at some point.

• If this issue was caused by promoting a F2P player to guild leader, then this is all your guild's fault and I wouldn't expect Bioware to do anything about it.
  • If there is a legitimate glitch of some sort, Bioware might reimburse your guild but they'll probably have to research the issue first (and consider if they really want to add billions of credits to the game with the current inflation issues)...

Regardless of how your guild was reset, there are two technicalities to keep in mind:

1. This 'theft' was probably completely 'legal' (it was apparently within their authority under the default settings), so the culprits almost certainly won't ever be punished.
  2. Legally speaking, you and your guild each own exactly two things in game:  Diddly and Squat.

8 hours ago, Ominovin said:

(not even certain if subscriber guild leadership can be passed to a F2P player)

It can.  When you (as leader) try to transfer to a non-sub (it's the same for Preferred or F2P destinations), the game warns you that the guild will become an F2P guild, and offers you the chance to cancel or confirm.

7 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

It can.  When you (as leader) try to transfer to a non-sub (it's the same for Preferred or F2P destinations), the game warns you that the guild will become an F2P guild, and offers you the chance to cancel or confirm.

Okay, given the information we have, it sounds like

1. This in not a bug,
  2. It is actually the prior guild leader's fault that all of this happened (for disregarding the warning) rather than EA's, and
  3. The OP really owes EA an apology for the attitude of the initial post:  Never post while angry...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1