so all ranked-only replica rewards can now be obtained by anyone just by simply playing regs?

drspookz

11 minutes ago, remylion said:

isn't ranked PvP that thing that failed because so few people were playing that it wasn't worth Biowares time to update with the new multi-combat style system?

acting like this whole game hasn't failed because so few people play it that it's not worth BW's time to make significant updates and they're just milking the cartel market for as long as they can

16 hours ago, remylion said:

isn't ranked PvP that thing that failed because so few people were playing that it wasn't worth Biowares time to update with the new multi-combat style system?

well now nim raiding is played about as much as ranked was since they're not adding content or giving any of the ops rewards that you can't get in hammer station so they may as well just merge flashpoints with operations now by your logic.

58 minutes ago, Wulfurkin said:

Yes and you can enter the matches with green conquest gear and simply afk everything and still end up with these rewards. Its about time you all stopped taking pvp so seriously. Its a silly brolen mess full of exploits and hacks that should have been removed from the game long ago.

You can't really just afk everything and get the rewards.  The mounts cost 20 tokens each and there are only 12 on the objective track.  In order to get those, you have to get wins and 7+ medals in multiple matches every week.  The other 8 come from achievements that you're not going to get just afk'ing in matches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

You can't really just afk everything and get the rewards.  The mounts cost 20 tokens each and there are only 12 on the objective track.  In order to get those, you have to get wins and 7+ medals in multiple matches every week.  The other 8 come from achievements that you're not going to get just afk'ing in matches.

afk at a node to get 8+ medals. That's what 70% of the people in pvp are doing right now.

15 hours ago, Wulfurkin said:

Yes and you can enter the matches with green conquest gear and simply afk everything and still end up with these rewards. Its about time you all stopped taking pvp so seriously. Its a silly brolen mess full of exploits and hacks that should have been removed from the game long ago.

Goes to show you don’t actually PvP or you’d know every thing you just said is wrong 🤣😂

9 hours ago, Wulfurkin said:

I never said i genuinely play pvp, i just enter pvp matches because of seasonal rewerds. I think its a silly game mode filled with toxic hacks so i hate it but the devs keep making us do it so i go along with it in a way that costs me the least amount of effort.

^this, right here, is why grindable rewards are a bad idea. completely independent of one's feelings about competitiveness and leaderboards or any sort of flex.

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Wulfurkin said:

I never said i genuinely play pvp, i just enter pvp matches because of seasonal rewerds. I think its a silly game mode filled with toxic hacks so i hate it but the devs keep making us do it so i go along with it in a way that costs me the least amount of effort.

If you don’t usually PvP. How would you even know what a hack was to identify it 🤣😂

Also no one is making you do anything. No one is making you PvP. If you don’t like PvP, just don’t do it 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

^this, right here, is why grindable rewards are a bad idea. completely independent of one's feelings about competitiveness and leaderboards or any sort of brag.

They can still be grindable.

But they should require at least some amount of effort & some lvl of improving skill to get the rewards faster or on an easier track. This would put players on a path to improving their skills.

And if you put in no effort at all, the rewards should be unachievable. 
They shouldn’t just be a participation reward for queuing up 100 or 1000 times. 

People who AFK should get no rewards EVER.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

17 hours ago, Wulfurkin said:

Why?  "...full of exploits and hacks..."  straight from someone who cannot play.  I'm a middling pvper but my ego is not so fragile that I require those excuses to explain my performance.  Take your own advice and try not to take your failing grade at pvp so seriously. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Wulfurkin said:

Im only in it for the season, ive said this already. Also numerous seasonal objectives involve pvp. The devs are very clearly making us take part even if we dont want to.

No one is making you do anything. But if you feel obligated to do it, that’s on you.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wulfurkin said:

Thats just reverting it to ranked, which is fine to me too, because this way nobody is actually incentivised to play pvp and wont feel forced by the devs either.

No it’s not. You don’t get rewards for AFKing in flashpoints & you shouldn’t for PvP either. But you can think what ever you want. You never played ranked.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wulfurkin said:

To get a grade on anything you have to actually test yourself, which i dont. Its pretty obvious its full of hacks, it doesnt take much effort to see that.

Please define a hack.

Sounds more like you can’t play & wouldn’t know a hack if you saw one.

Do you even understand the mechanics of each WZ map booster or the mechanics of every class?

If you don’t, then I guess everything would look like a hack to the uneducated 🤷🏻‍♀️

But I can assure you, hacks aren’t that common, certainly not as prevalent as youre suggesting. And if you think you see one, please explain what you saw so others can assess if it was a hack & can keep an eye out for it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wulfurkin said:

Its pretty obvious its full of hacks, it doesnt take much effort to see that.

On the contrary, it actually takes lot of effort to learn all the classes and their abilities, all the maps, all the tricks to be able to properly distinguish what is a hack and what not. Not even mentioning a fact this game uses a crappy engine which itself leads to certain abilities look like hacks in certain conditions (cough, exfiltrate, cough, and many others). According to your forum profile, you are a brand new player that likely had not the time yet to learn everything and judging by your attitude, you may never will.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Wulfurkin said:

To get a grade on anything you have to actually test yourself, which i dont. Its pretty obvious its full of hacks, it doesnt take much effort to see that.

About a decade ago, maybe less, someone accused me of hacking on these forums.  Even provided a picture.  Guess what?  Nothing happened because I was not hacking, cheating, or in any way exploiting anything.  It was simply that I knew the game a lot better than he did.  That was an uninitiated player who knew nothing. 

That same player would have cried oceans had he been matched against a good player.  No, your whining savors badly of someone who cannot do a thing and so condemns that thing.

• Thanks 1

I have only seen one actual hack and that was because the sniper we were fighting was constantly running faster than possible the whole match and teleporting on top of a the turret on Alderan map; the actual turret that shoots at the ship. The only way I was able to follow him were my dots showing up all over the map and on the turret building when he started to get low on health. My teams chat kind of blew up when they saw him resting up on the building and no one could reach him.

I have seen "hack" looking latency, but that's just the Hero engine telling your computer something that is not happening then "teleporting" the character back where they should be when the updated information reaches your computer.

Edited by remylion

2 hours ago, Wulfurkin said:

I am indeed new to level 80, ive been subbed for two weeks. What i mentioned are my impressions of pvp so far. My gear is up to par, i have learned my class thanks to a guild taking me along on difficult operations.

If you think you have already “learned your class” enough to be competitive in PvP based on those factors, then it’s really not surprising you’re getting global and just immediately think people are hacking.

It takes months, if not years, to truly git gud.

On 4/7/2023 at 6:04 PM, Wulfurkin said:

I am indeed new to level 80, ive been subbed for two weeks. What i mentioned are my impressions of pvp so far. My gear is up to par, i have learned my class thanks to a guild taking me along on difficult operations. So how can i think of another reason for being downed in pvp in a handful of hits non stop while on a lucky moment i may be able to take down 10 percent of their health. Even if you claim they arent hacks, they sure appear that way and its making me never want to play pvp again after the season. I cant imagine thats what you all want, new players leaving as soon as they joined.

Keep in mind there are many things important in pvp; 

* know your class
* know the other classes and what they are capable of

Spoiler

i.e. I'm playing mostly IO Merc at the moment – thats not the best choice, because it isn't in the best place, but I'm aware of it, so if my team wins, I'm kinda decent. If we lose thats of course because IO Merc is a sh*tty spec for PvP. ;) Yesterday I saw a lonely Operative jumping arround and thought to myself that it would be very foolish to engage him on open field, but I was curious how it will play out. So I died once, twice and a glory third and fourth time. He had the better class and... tbh he played much better. But hey... This is the way ;)

* know the maps and
* very important; good positioning
* and if your teammates having a bad day, most likely you also will not perform so well