Looking for confirmation on PvP Lockout mechanic.

Dayshadow

I've been playing in window mode so I can do other things while waiting on WZ queue. I've encountered an issues with the screen going black if I minimize it during an active WZ/GSF and I basically have to close the client and restart as the visuals never return. I lose video and eventually audio stops. I did this because I restarted my computer and needed to reactivate my controller. So the screen came back to a black screen window. This happened once and I get the 20 min lockout. I play a GSF match successfully and then it happens again in a WZ. Screen dimensions got altered (click the edge of screen). Yeah, yeah, the moral is don't PvP in windowed mode. So I just stay logged off and go watch some YouTube because I know I'm gonna be locked out again. I ended up coming back 30 min later. But when I log in I see the lockout is still in effect and I have 29 mins left.

Question: Is the second lockout 30 minutes and the lockout timer starts when you log back in. Meaning I have to immediately log back in to even get it started? Or is the second lockout in X amount of time a whole hour?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 5:59 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

You could, you know, do stuff in-game while you're waiting.  Dailies, planetary heroics (on Pubside, I recommend the Coruscant ones because you can basically sleepwalk them), whatever.

You did not answer the question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

Remind me not to PvP with you.

You'd have no choice anyway unless you're in an 8-man premade. And you don't know my character names. And this was before the match even started. Or did you think I didn't realize my controller wasn't working until halfway into the match? 

Anyway, still no answer. I guess nobody knows.

You said first: "I've encountered an issues with the screen going black if I minimize it during an active WZ/GSF and I basically have to close the client and restart as the visuals never return."

But then  you say:  "And this was before the match even started."

So it sounds like you created the problem mid-match (not before), and you should probably avoid minimizing the screen during an active wz/gsf.  Your controller needing reactivation being a result of restarting the computer from your previous match you minimized.

As far as your lockout question: this may have changed but my understanding is that the second lockout timer is an hour.