Any Republic side RP guilds that are a bit more nuanced?

Zandragal

When SWTOR launched I played on the Imperial side with a Sith Juggernaut. Now that I've returned to the game I rolled a Jedi Consular, having a shot at the good guy side of things. The story I'd like to tell is one of redemption, and that requires a past, baggage if you will.

I've now tried joining two separate RP guilds on StarForge Republic side and each has their own set of what appear to me as canon-breaking rules regarding the character backgrounds.

One insisted that Jedi would never cooperate or collaborate with Republic SIS under any circumstances, because the shenanigans SIS got up to were just too "nasty" for Jedi to ever bother involving themselves with. K. Although I fully understand we cannot use the game's storyline as our personal character background, this flies in the face of SO MANY of the storylines it's ridiculous. SIS hands the Jedi information all the time. Jedi routinely use that information in the ways they see fit. But no, that wasn't a thing for them.

Guild two didn't share that oversimplified view of SIS, but they did categorically refuse to consider any kind of character background involving anything Dark Side-y. Forgive me, but the entire struggle between Light and Dark sides of the Force is riddled with stories of transition in both directions. It's one of the most crucial concepts to the canon universe - that no matter how well trained, how well intentioned or how pure you are, you can still fall to Darkness... and that no matter how cruel, how power-hungry and how insane you are you can still find your way back to the Light.

Where's the nuance, man?

On 3/23/2023 at 7:16 PM, Zandragal said:

One insisted that Jedi would never cooperate or collaborate with Republic SIS under any circumstances, because the shenanigans SIS got up to were just too "nasty" for Jedi to ever bother involving themselves with. K. Although I fully understand we cannot use the game's storyline as our personal character background, this flies in the face of SO MANY of the storylines it's ridiculous. SIS hands the Jedi information all the time. Jedi routinely use that information in the ways they see fit. But no, that wasn't a thing for them.

The SIS literally has a super top secret elite Jedi Strike team called The sixth line - you meet members of them on Ziost.