When changing window size THE GAME CRASHES!!

Capt_Solbeamer

Everything goes white and 'game is not responding'.

Been happening for weeks now.  Many.

I had to restart the game many times already. The game starts in full screen mode. Sleep mode of pc does not always let it remember this screen size or type mode state.

I have got notes for ingame stuff like companion gifts, location stuff, etc etc (not even using a browser, just local stuff!). I HAVE TO CHANGE SCREEN MODE TO SEE THIS = CRAAAASSSHHHHH!!!!!

Last year I did not have this issue. My fault this not is...

Crashing game twice a day =/= happy gaming. Maybe fixing this unlocks wallets... I disdain paying for crashing appee... I am not the only one in this thought process..

Also the quick key binding are forgotten when changing chars. Nothing is saved.

I assign 'open stronghold' or 'look at companions' to 'ALT-letter', and at some chars it remembers it , and at some other chars it does not!

(Maybe going from rep to imp to rep? forgot testing this)

And moderators make nude companions in my homes to watch me. .....in the nude.... EL HORROR!!!

Just now, SteveTheCynic said:

Workaround: actually play the game so the PC doesn't go into sleep mode?

When I go to bed, I end the game, and press the 'sleep mode'. I then got a change the game opens in the size I want it to open.

If I do a fresh pc start, the game always opens in full screen. The unwanted modus...

Just now, Capt_Solbeamer said:

Also the quick key binding are forgotten when changing chars. Nothing is saved.

Each character has its own keybinds.  Since, like, forever.  Export the keybinds from the character who has what you want, and import it on the character who doesn't have it.

And moderators make nude companions in my homes to watch me. .....in the nude.... EL HORROR!!!

No.  The moderators do not do that.  SWTOR is notorious for leaky instances.  You're seeing other players' companion decorations echoed into your copy of the stronghold.

When I go to bed, I end the game, and press the 'sleep mode'. I then got a change the game opens in the size I want it to open.

If I do a fresh pc start, the game always opens in full screen. The unwanted modus...

Then shut the PC down instead of leaving it consuming electricity overnight.  (Sleep mode consumes less than "live" mode, but it doesn't consume zero.)

*I say 'sleep', but it is 'slumber'. MS turned this around when implementing it for the first time eons ago...

I press 'slumber'.

Regardless.  It isn't fully off, and consumes power.  ("Hibernate" is fully off as far as the hardware is concerned, on the other hand, except that it's not the same thing as shutting down.)

6 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Each character has its own keybinds.  Since, like, forever.  Export the keybinds from the character who has what you want, and import it on the character who doesn't have it.

Every char got it's own keybinds? Even the general ones involving the menu?

Let me go back into the game right now and change one, and log another. brb...

5 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Regardless.  It isn't fully off, and consumes power.  ("Hibernate" is fully off as far as the hardware is concerned, on the other hand, except that it's not the same thing as shutting down.)

I don't care about pc power. I got 5 security camera's running on it... 😛

My electric bill pre-cov was 35 bucks a month. And during cov zero bucks a month. Some crazy tax law for the poor...

Edited by Capt_Solbeamer
adding txt

19 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Back. Seems like you are correct. So I'll let it slide. ....this time.... :D

😊

So we get left with the main reason for this post.

The crash one.... (when changing window sizes during either logging or having the huge start window banner (the one with the pvp rewards whatever) open and a companion out in the 1st few seconds after materializing.

The game freezes, and does NOT do a re-materializing attempt, but goes dead instead, forcing me to waste another 6 minutes restarting the game (and losing any conquest target race if being in the last 30 minutes of it..)

Hmmm... CPU-Z tells me..... 2 cores....

Time for this 2012 lappy top to get at least..... 3..... 🤕

(Can you believe I can finish space mission with it with full house, even the mine field one? No fib here!!)

But the crashing bug is a new one. Started mid or end last year...

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 4 core, 8 thread. And faster too. 

Doubling up on both cores and threads... My Vostro laptop is going into HULK mode, lol..

SSD too. Currently HD. Which already boosts the speed I heared. 'A world of difference'

G2 slot too this new chip, yet not on the official compatibility list. A gamble.

I managed to hussle 20 bucks off it with the argument of it being a crapshot....

If my bet works out, no more slideshop durings opses and WB bashing.....