SWTOR "Barn Finds"...?

AJediKnight

You ever made an amazing "barn find" in this game? There are a fair number of old items that - due to a number of reasons - while once common, are either now unavailable, or the prerequisites for them to drop are so unusual that they are basically unheard of.

I was just poking through the banks of a few alts when I stumbled onto four - FOUR - unbound D-200 pistols. These blue blasters are so rare that they are essentially priceless. They were originally (and, supposedly, still can be) a world drop on Dromund Kaas and Coruscant, but only for a very narrow level window. Ubiquitous in the early days of the game, they're basically unattainable in 2023 - the equivalent of the Chromatic Sword in World of Warcraft (except that item has become a drop again; the D-200, statistically, is not. The only way to get one now is to have someone find one in storage). 

I'm not even sure what to do with the things - the market for them is likely a small subset of connoisseurs. But I do know that they are super, super valuable. 

Anyone else ever had something like this fall into their lap via an old alt?

• Like 1

, D200 x2 on my gunslinger, Aikion blaster and conscript title must be my rarest items.  Few characters  that haven't been played since launch prolly have some rare discontinued ops drops on them. 

Two of my pilot characters have all cartel gsf ships unlocked, some of those can't be bought via cc and are quite rare by now  ig.

I used to think Covert Pilot suit in BoE form is my rarest posession. I recall vividly how BW made a pretty big deal about how these are time limited, available for a bit and then gone for good.  Checked just now and what do ya know, it is freely available via CM. This is obviously great news for super collectors who want to have 100% of all CM items. However, it is very dubious of BW to market something as super special, available for limited time only, then gone for good!" -item and then, years later assume everybody has forgotten, and place it in rotation as a normal item. 

If BW  goes full FOMO on "available for a bit, then gone baby!!!",they should keep their word on it.

Edited by Stradlin

I'm sure that if Kylath looked through her cargo hold, she'd find an Esseles Assault Cannon, unobtainable since 4.0.  She also has some of the old Annihilator V Armstech schematics, as well as a bunch of schematics for Techblades that are called "Such-and-so Vibroblade".

And Kylara Nightsong (originally Jannia'kinth) still has character-bound versions of Kallig's lightsabre and helmet.

On 3/19/2023 at 5:39 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

I'm sure that if Kylath looked through her cargo hold, she'd find an Esseles Assault Cannon, unobtainable since 4.0.  She also has some of the old Annihilator V Armstech schematics, as well as a bunch of schematics for Techblades that are called "Such-and-so Vibroblade".

And Kylara Nightsong (originally Jannia'kinth) still has character-bound versions of Kallig's lightsabre and helmet.

I've got full sets of Esseles and Black Talon gear for multiple "classes" (along with those from several other early flashpoints). It would be nice if they would put those in collections so they could be used on other characters. Some of the pieces are actually quite nice.

On 3/19/2023 at 8:07 AM, GeneralGyro said:

they should put all world drops on a vendor for each planet

23 hours ago, DWho said:

I've got full sets of Esseles and Black Talon gear for multiple "classes" (along with those from several other early flashpoints). It would be nice if they would put those in collections so they could be used on other characters. Some of the pieces are actually quite nice.

They should add these as credit sinks.

I'm sure veteran players with lots of credits to kill would buy them.