Ruins of Nul solo and regular FP bug

Tensheckle

Getting fairly irritated, This bug on opening the door to the temple has been reported numerous times as far as I can see. No matter what is done or going through what is suggested, it simply does not work. Suggestion: how about y'all get off the backsides and get this fixed. It's carried on far too long. Paying customers expect to be able to finish a story and neither my son nor I can, as well as several others obviously, yet you've done NOTHING months into the report of the bug. At this rate we both might as well dust off our World of Warcraft accounts. At least there, things get fixed.

CAVEAT LECTOR: I am a professional developer, for the last 34 years.

Bug Fixing 101 teaches us that if the developers cannot reproduce the bug on their test machines *at*all*, and even if they can, only when they are on the live production system rather than their internal test servers that have all the development instrumentation active, they cannot identify what causes the bug.  If they cannot identify the cause of the bug, they cannot possibly fix it.

The ongoing lack of fix suggests that this is one of those kind of bugs, where it cannot be reproduced on systems with enough debugging information to be useful.(1)

Well, unless you have some firm inside knowledge that they have stopped trying to identify the cause of the problem.

(1) The sudden death by falling damage(2) during the Malgus fight at the end of the Nul FP was described by, if memory serves, Keith Kanneg himself as being an immediate consequence of the player character hitting a "death volume".  He also said that there aren't any death volumes in places where you can touch them during the fight, and the SWTOR development team couldn't reproduce the problem on their internal test servers that have all the debug information activated.  (Activating that debug information is not appropriate for the live servers because it slows server performance, probably by a *lot*.)

(2) Commonly misnamed as "dying by falling through the floor" on the forums, except that it was, in fact, just hitting the aforementioned "death volume", which instantly kills you by inflicting damage of the same type as you take from falling.

3 hours ago, Tensheckle said:

Getting fairly irritated, This bug on opening the door to the temple has been reported numerous times as far as I can see. No matter what is done or going through what is suggested, it simply does not work. Suggestion: how about y'all get off the backsides and get this fixed. It's carried on far too long. Paying customers expect to be able to finish a story and neither my son nor I can, as well as several others obviously, yet you've done NOTHING months into the report of the bug. At this rate we both might as well dust off our World of Warcraft accounts. At least there, things get fixed.

Might help to know which bug is the source of your ire. Several Nul bugs have been fixed. You mention the 'temple door,' but the only bug report that comes to mind for that was players attempting to skip the stair trash leading up to the last boss. (You're supposed to kill those, by the way.)