FFXIV does not have multiple PvP brackets or bolstering issues

remylion

FFXIV solved their PvP issues by having one bracket for PvP and no complex bolster formula.

All characters joining PvP are boosted to the max level. All characters are given access to all their skills and can even set up their macro's and hotbars outside of PvP.

All characters have the same stats based on their jobs/classes.

This ensures a few things.

1. Faster queue times for everyone since they are not dividing PvP queues into multiple level brackets
  2. Fair games because everyone has access to the same skills and same stats

This does cause one issue, players no longer have to grind in game before they can become competitive in PvP but since people in SWTOR like to claim they PvP to test their skill preset stats and full access to skills should not be an issue for this community.

Edited by remylion
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, remylion said:

FFXIV solved their PvP issues by having one bracket for PvP and no complex bolster formula.

All characters joining PvP are boosted to the max level. All characters are given access to all their skills and can even set up their macro's and hotbars outside of PvP.

1. Faster queue times for everyone since they are not dividing PvP queues into multiple level brackets

This does cause one issue, players no longer have to grind in game before they can become competitive in PvP but since people in SWTOR like to claim they PvP to test their skill preset stats and full access to skills should not be an issue for this community.

Been suggesting this sort of set up for a while. GW2 does something very similar. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2023 at 7:39 AM, remylion said:

bingo :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, emilydeylan said:

bingo :D

Bioware keeps saying they want to try and keep queue times lower but have multiple brackets where PvP is not fair for the lowest levels who lack over half their skills.

Then we have the level 80 bracket where gear certainly makes a difference and yet we have braggarts pretending they are amazing players using a gear advantage which may be giving them 20% more stats.

Other than being a programming nightmare at first, boosting and giving set stats would lower queue times by eliminating all brackets, make PvP more about skill, and possibly help the devs by not having to fiddle with bolstering which seems to break every patch.

Edited by remylion

8 hours ago, remylion said:

Bioware keeps saying they want to try and keep queue times lower but have multiple brackets where PvP is not fair for the lowest levels who lack over half their skills.

Then we have the level 80 bracket where gear certainly makes a difference and yet we have braggarts pretending they are amazing players using a gear advantage which may be giving them 20% more stats.

Other than being a programming nightmare at first, boosting and giving set stats would lower queue times by eliminating all brackets, make PvP more about skill, and possibly help the devs by not having to fiddle with bolstering which seems to break every patch.

Games that cant work out a solution to pvp imbalance don't tend to retain peoples interest in those area's no one wants to have the crap beaten out of them and to get flamed by people who literally cant be touched due to the ilvl/massive imbalance.

• Like 1

If I had to pick a poison I would prefer the guild wars 2 method because I do like to adjust my stats for a specific build. FF14 is kinda memed on for its pvp, like that feature is kind of a joke. Also FF14 has a whole different set of abls and such for pvp so you arent even really playing the class you started to enjoy while leveling not to mention outside of the big war mode with the 3 teams pvp can be pretty dead in that game. But at least with Guild Wars 2 the retain all the build craft which for me makes and rpg because if you make all the warriors, sorcs, mercs, etc the same within each class the game gets super boring and there are just much better pvp alternatives. But at this point getting pvp gear isn't all that hard, and nim nefra drops 336 purple, and you have the mods vendor guy so unless they make a system as robust as GW2 (which would be an insane absoultly insane level of overhaul) then I personally would prefer the system as is. But i dont think FF14 should ever be an example of successful pvp system design. It is easily the weakest part of that game outside of the slow start. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steveerkcanjerk said:

If I had to pick a poison I would prefer the guild wars 2 method because I do like to adjust my stats for a specific build. FF14 is kinda memed on for its pvp, like that feature is kind of a joke. Also FF14 has a whole different set of abls and such for pvp so you arent even really playing the class you started to enjoy while leveling not to mention outside of the big war mode with the 3 teams pvp can be pretty dead in that game. But at least with Guild Wars 2 the retain all the build craft which for me makes and rpg because if you make all the warriors, sorcs, mercs, etc the same within each class the game gets super boring and there are just much better pvp alternatives. But at this point getting pvp gear isn't all that hard, and nim nefra drops 336 purple, and you have the mods vendor guy so unless they make a system as robust as GW2 (which would be an insane absoultly insane level of overhaul) then I personally would prefer the system as is. But i dont think FF14 should ever be an example of successful pvp system design. It is easily the weakest part of that game outside of the slow start. 

Idk tbf i get Crystal conflict's popping quite often, i'm sure the new servers might have an issue though as not alot of people play on them, and lets be honest any game that does a pvp overhaul usually gets some level of negative attention, pvp'ers are the loudest and most obnoxious part of any player base, based on my experience across 5 MMO's

• Thanks 2