Dps buff

Crazykidddd

Marauders need a dps buff on all 3 trees. They don't parse high enough.
Fury: make raging burst hit harder. I would suggest a 20% increase in it's base damage, which still wouldn't put it on par with jugg's raging burst using two stacks. Also, please reduce the cd of Furious power stacks to 10 secs. Atm it's barely usable for a meme build.
Annihilation: Increase the dot damage of Rupture and make Force Rend last at least 12 secs (up from 9). Buff the damage on Annihilate (this is crucial), it used to be the hardest hitting ability across all 3 specs, now it's just sad. Also an increase in dot dmg of 3% after using it? really? sigh.
Carnage: Make gore hit harder, it's a sad ability atm. Also I would increase the damage of both massacre and sweeping slash (especially this one). 

Other than that, a lot of the utility options we have in all 3 skill trees are so futile it's a shock they even exist. Please give us better options. I have ideas but i don't want to crowd this post too much. One thing at a time. 

For Fury if you make Raging burst harder to compensate for Rage getting two stacks every other Raging Burst, roll it into the Criticality ability mod to make that the burst option, maybe give Furious Rumination a redesign/boost to make it do more sustained. That way you get the same choice between sustained and burst that Rage gets at that level. (If they get a small sustained buff from this, that would be fine, Fury isn't topping any charts right now).

Anni is one of the best dps specs right now. It parses high and provides great utility with its healing (about half the hps a regular healer will do is achievable), Predation and raid buff. The last thing it needs is any kind of buff.

For Carnage Gore does indeed feel like it hits like a wet noodle. That said I wouldn't increase the damage of Massacre. The spec is doing plenty fine sustained damage for a burst spec, and increasing Massacre damage only serves the make the spec even more reliant of Massacre damage. I'd rather they'd make Gore do some serious hurt, and adjust Massacre damage to keep the sustained dps in line. Carnage does about 30% of its damage from Massacre (not an exaggeration, look at some parses), that feels unhealthy for a spammable on a burst spec.

11 hours ago, Deamon_Samurai said:

You are out of your damn mind, if you buff them, remove the freakin stealth

Defel Spliced Genes has been rendered worthless.  Don't understand the complaint about FC.  It's a stopgap at best in PvP and virtually worthless in pve. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sappharan said:

Defel Spliced Genes has been rendered worthless.  Don't understand the complaint about FC.  It's a stopgap at best in PvP and virtually worthless in pve. 

It's movespeed and a cleanse and a nice 50% damage taken reduced for burst hits on a 45s cooldown. It's a great and versatile ability in PvE, with a good use on basically every fight. While not as great as actual stealth out, it's a very good anti-focus tool in PvP. Overall I wouldn't say it's OP, but let's not be dishonest here it's a great ability in both PvE and PvP. (iirc originally it was supposed to be an option in the combat styles tree rather than baseline in PTS and there was some (very rightful) outcry that this would be a massive loss for Marauders).

4 hours ago, AdjeYo said:

It's movespeed and a cleanse and a nice 50% damage taken reduced for burst hits on a 45s cooldown. It's a great and versatile ability in PvE, with a good use on basically every fight. While not as great as actual stealth out, it's a very good anti-focus tool in PvP. Overall I wouldn't say it's OP, but let's not be dishonest here it's a great ability in both PvE and PvP. (iirc originally it was supposed to be an option in the combat styles tree rather than baseline in PTS and there was some (very rightful) outcry that this would be a massive loss for Marauders).

I rarely use it for the 50% dr in pve.  Of course, I don't do anything above flashpoints. 

As for the massive loss, wasn't that before everyone knew that Defel was made to be worthless?

1 hour ago, Sappharan said:

I rarely use it for the 50% dr in pve.  Of course, I don't do anything above flashpoints. 

As for the massive loss, wasn't that before everyone knew that Defel was made to be worthless?

Yeah sure in flashpoints you don't need any defensives, fair enough. I don't want to image playing Mara without Camouflage in something like R4 or any nim operation though, that'd be very painful.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:39 AM, AdjeYo said:

For Fury if you make Raging burst harder to compensate for Rage getting two stacks every other Raging Burst, roll it into the Criticality ability mod to make that the burst option, maybe give Furious Rumination a redesign/boost to make it do more sustained. That way you get the same choice between sustained and burst that Rage gets at that level. (If they get a small sustained buff from this, that would be fine, Fury isn't topping any charts right now).

Anni is one of the best dps specs right now. It parses high and provides great utility with its healing (about half the hps a regular healer will do is achievable), Predation and raid buff. The last thing it needs is any kind of buff.

For Carnage Gore does indeed feel like it hits like a wet noodle. That said I wouldn't increase the damage of Massacre. The spec is doing plenty fine sustained damage for a burst spec, and increasing Massacre damage only serves the make the spec even more reliant of Massacre damage. I'd rather they'd make Gore do some serious hurt, and adjust Massacre damage to keep the sustained dps in line. Carnage does about 30% of its damage from Massacre (not an exaggeration, look at some parses), that feels unhealthy for a spammable on a burst spec.

First idea is a move but it would make it too similar to rage and honestly I don't think it's a change they would go for.

Anni might be great in pve, but I'm talking more specifically for PvP. It needs the buffs I mentioned.

So we can agree on gore, and I believe sweeping slash needs a damage buff too. As far as the massacre problem, it's because the rotation needs some work.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of reducing Furious Power's CD to 10 sec.  Or better, they should create 1 new legend implant (could be a pair of implants) that recreates the old Descent of the Fearless set.   On my Sorc, the implants mimic the old Gathering Storm very well.  Only on Jugg / Mara, we still do not have a substitute for Descent.  Without the effects from that set, it is pointless to include Furious Power.  

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Anaonfa said:

breaks your heart but bang on the money

Bang on what money? There's only one thing that Jugg dps do better than Mara dps, and that's AoE damage. Maras have better survivability, better mobility, more raid utility. Anni beats Juggs in the sustained department, Fury is basically Rage but with much improved utility and survivability traded in for a little bit of damage, and Carnage brings burst that Juggs can only dream of.

Maras are fine, Anni is downright bonkers right now with top of the line dps, ridiculous group healing for a dps and amazing utility. Carnage and Fury are okay, but why would you ever bring them when Anni exists, unless you really need burst.

53 minutes ago, AdjeYo said:

Bang on what money? There's only one thing that Jugg dps do better than Mara dps, and that's AoE damage. Maras have better survivability, better mobility, more raid utility. Anni beats Juggs in the sustained department, Fury is basically Rage but with much improved utility and survivability traded in for a little bit of damage, and Carnage brings burst that Juggs can only dream of.

Maras are fine, Anni is downright bonkers right now with top of the line dps, ridiculous group healing for a dps and amazing utility. Carnage and Fury are okay, but why would you ever bring them when Anni exists, unless you really need burst.

still don't know why the removed the autocrit on beserk for fury lol

• 3 months later...
On 7/26/2023 at 8:16 PM, Crazykidddd said:

the auto crit with fury was insanely OP, the amount of burst you could do on a very low cd was insane.

yet you have sins with 65k+ reaping strikes every couple of seconds lol

Edited by meddani

1 hour ago, meddani said:

yet you have sins with 65k+ reaping strikes every couple of seconds lol

Yes but don't forget, sins have miserable defensives and don't do as much dmg with their other abilities, there's a balance to this that needs to be maintained.
I understand your stance, but the truth is with the cc immunity marauders have it was kinda stupid how easy it was to global someone. Ik ik you're gona say but sins have 4 auto crits every time they stealth out and could do the same, however its MUCH easier to counter and completely render a sin useless during his burst phase.

You were able to click off your berserk/zen buff after popping it, letting you immediately start gaining fury / centering once again letting you get your auto-critical way more often. It also made it trivial for rage/focus management as you got an overabundance meaning you had to use 0 filler and without clicking off the berserk/zen you couldn't even copy said rotation. 
This was really only applicable in parsing and I am more than certain it was the reason it got nerfed because it netted it around 2k extra DPS. In real raids or encounters, it wasn't doing insane numbers like it was in parses but it was still very good. 
I cannot and do not think it was a nerf with any thought behind it other than wanting to bring the parses down so people don't immediately think everything but fury is pointless. 
Not only did I parse pre-clicking off berserk/zen it was pretty competitive and I had #1 for a brief time.