Changes coming to PvP in 7.2.1 / Season 2

JackieKo

10 minutes ago, Crystal_Mind said:

Most arenas I participated in during season 1 went to 3 rounds; about half of them went to acid in at least 1 of those rounds (heavy mit tank and healer presence contributes to long matches).

This must be obviously a lie.

Because we have like 3 people on the forums, that swore, that every single Arena in Season 1 was an one sided stomp against a Premade, taking only 30 seconds with both Rounds combined.

Do you say those people lied?

Edited by SoontirMorillo

On 3/8/2023 at 2:53 PM, JackieKo said:

EDIT: Adding the following change that will be live with 7.2.1: 

• The requirements for the Arena Advocator and Warzone Warrior Achievements have been reduced from 25 weekly completions to 12.

I’m so glad the number of weeklies will be reduced from 25! Thank you! I may actually try to go for that cheevo next season. I didn’t even bother this season.

Would it be possible to reduce the number of matches for the weeklies?

The warzone weekly is doable, still a bit long in my opinion if you lose more than win. I would like to pvp on other toons, but I have to stick to one toon to get the weekly.

But the arena weekly is painful if you lose more than win. And it's actually not reasonable to try to complete on a lowbie or midbie toon. There just aren’t enough people queueing for arenas at lower levels, so you can’t finish a weekly before reset.

59 minutes ago, Crystal_Mind said:

Right now, a warzone weekly is [4 wins or 12 losses]. An arena weekly is [8 wins or 24 losses]. The implication is that arenas take half the time to complete, but that's simply not the case. Most arenas I participated in during season 1 went to 3 rounds; about half of them went to acid in at least 1 of those rounds (heavy mit tank and healer presence contributes to long matches). Arenas can be quick and decisive, but on balance I find they take just as long as a warzone, especially when taking queue time into account. A more universally applicable 'fix'  would have been reducing the arena point requirement to something like [6 wins or 18 losses], but instead the team's gone with a band-aid over the symptoms.

I would also add to this that arenas simply pop slower in aggregate than WZs. and I mean considerably slower. There are nights where they only regularly pop for an hour or two. And the population of players in the arena pool is so small that one 3-4m premade really does shut it down for an hour or so. I'm not trying to push for the separate queue crusade or anything. But these are practical reasons to reduce the total number of arenas below that of the bar for WZs simply because the opportunity to get into an arena, much less a properly role matched one, are significantly lower than that for WZs.

22 hours ago, darkzannah said:

Since the ranked has disappeared the arenas become as toxic as the ranked players are treated as premade. They are told to go back to pve I think the players are free to play the arenas or or do wz at 8. On the other hand, the composition of the arena groups is necessary

I showed up in an 80s arena with augmented conquest greens, and this random nobody sentinel asked me why I was here and told me I shouldn't queue. I then did 2nd highest dps in the round that we won. I was focused first in the following round and managed to kite 3 enemies long enough for my team to kill their focus target and a second enemy died about 2 seconds after me.

am I flexing? I mean...no. everyone in that match would be global bait in a proper rated match. I'm saying the bad/incompetent players look at gear and think that's everything as if they're parsing a training dummy - er, I mean raid boss. I'm hesitant to call him toxic though, because he didn't say a word after the first round. 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoontirMorillo said:

This must be obviously a lie.

Because we have like 3 people on the forums, that swore, that every single Arena in Season 1 was an one sided stomp against a Premade, taking only 30 seconds with both Rounds combined.

Do you say those people lied?

nah. depends who's in the queue. when there's only a few good players in the queue and they grp up, the population is small enough to bully weaker players out, which effectively bottlenecks the queue for a bit (hour or so). but the argument that that's the fault of allowing players to grp in the first place is myopic. you could just as easily say that because so many weak players are deathly afraid of arenas, it makes the population tiny and, therefore, just one 3-4m premade's presence can shut it down. when if half the bots derping around WZs also queued arenas, they'd run into each other as much or more often than dominant premades.

what's comical to me is both points of view are at least equally true. not valid. true.

2 hours ago, JackieKo said:

This just came across my desk actually! The following will be implemented with 7.2.1 and it will be added to the patch notes and PvP Season 2 article at publish. I'll also update the OP, so all the info is in one place. 

• The requirements for the Arena Advocator and Warzone Warrior Achievements have been reduced from 25 weekly completions to 12

Thanks! 

Thank YOU , JackieKo ( and the Team ) .   Looking forward to PVP 'Season 2' even more now. ;)

Now if only we can get  @EricMusco to nudge/annoy EA as much as i nudge/annoy him  to finally get some significant GSF development in 2023 !  ( PVE space missions, new maps, explorable space zones + materials mining , separate GSF 'seasons' track, and of course.... *joystick* support :csw_xwing: )

1 hour ago, Crystal_Mind said:

Right now, a warzone weekly is [4 wins or 12 losses]. An arena weekly is [8 wins or 24 losses]. The implication is that arenas take half the time to complete, but that's simply not the case. 

Arenas can be quick and decisive, but on balance I find they take just as long as a warzone,

As a solo-healer (Sage/Sorc)  during 'Season 1' , i only had the mental fortitude and enough gaming time/patience  to run around 7 sets of ARENA weeklys ( roughly 100 or so matches ) , but most of them went 3 Rounds.

In my personal experience , what took the longest to complete was the QUEUE'ing for them , not the playing of them.

This next 'Season 2' , i'm hoping to group-queue with some buddies and/or guildmates though.

I just have a sneaky feeling i might enjoy ARENAS ohhh a weee bit more with a pocket tank. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: imagine if SWTOR could do a combo PVP match with both GSF above and regular GROUND pvp below!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JackieKo said:

This just came across my desk actually! The following will be implemented with 7.2.1 and it will be added to the patch notes and PvP Season 2 article at publish. I'll also update the OP, so all the info is in one place. 

• The requirements for the Arena Advocator and Warzone Warrior Achievements have been reduced from 25 weekly completions to 12

Thanks! 

Is there anyway we can get an Eta on 7.2.1'S release month?

7 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Thanks! 

You also could reduce the number of wins needed for the new PVP achievements, thats a case for the nuthouse too!

On 3/8/2023 at 5:05 PM, RikuvonDrake said:

very nice 8man premades still allowed for ez seasons

This escaped me.  Thank you for pointing it out.  Basically makes:

On 3/8/2023 at 4:53 PM, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Wanted to confirm with all of you what will be coming with the next season of PvP. Though I’ll save the reveal of the rewards for a future blog post. Shabir covered a lot of what was happening with the Medals when PTS went live on February 9th. Slight adjustment have been made since then, so we wanted to establish what players will be experiencing beginning PvP Season 2: 

• Defender points per tick have been increased to 700 points per tick (up from 500 points per tick).
  • Turret Control Zones have been increased.
  • When within the control zones of a turret controlled by the player’s team, they will receive 500 defender points when defeating a player. 
  • When within the control zones of a turret controlled by the opposing team, players will receive 500 attacker points for every player they defeat. 

Currently, the changes above are only applied to the Alderaan Warzone map, but as Shabir wrote previously, we are working on rolling out the changes to the other maps in batches over time. 

One change that is applied to all maps beginning with 7.2.1, is the amount of Medals earned for full credit has been adjusted to players needing only to obtain 7 Medals instead of 8. 

Additionally, players who tested out PvP matches while PTS was open also saw updates made to the matchmaking process. As stated in the initial announcement for 7.2.1 PTS, matchmaking has been adjusted to make it more likely that large groups are matched up against each other. Appreciate everyone who submitted feedback whether that was in this thread, messages, or other social channels.

Based off the comments we’ve read since PTS has opened, there needs to be some clarification on what the matchmaking changes mean in practice and the impact it has on the player experience. 

With that in mind, starting in 7.2.1 there will now be a much higher priority during matchmaking to pair premades against each other when possible. There are two considerations that we will be monitoring very closely: 

• This will likely increase queue times for all players as we are enforcing harder matchmaking rules up front to pop a match.
  • With this in mind, as time passes with a player in a queue there becomes a delta where we will prioritize popping a match over everything else. Meaning you can still be paired with a premade but it will take a longer duration of time to pass in the queue for that to happen.

A reminder that there is a careful balance we have to consider between the quality of matches and the queue time of players. Catering to this balance is also why we have moved away from having solo vs group queues. As stated, we will be reviewing and monitoring data and feedback as the season progresses, and if it is found that the matchmaking system is causing excessive queue times, we will explore other options to improve the overall experience for players. 

After PvP Season 2 begins, the team will be keeping a close eye on queue pops, feedback, and determine what changes can be made for PvP Season 3 if any. 

We will be communicating more about Game Update 7.2.1 and PvP Season 2 in the coming weeks. 

Jackie 

EDIT: Adding the following change that will be live with 7.2.1: 

• The requirements for the Arena Advocator and Warzone Warrior Achievements have been reduced from 25 weekly completions to 12.

kinda pointless.

On 3/8/2023 at 7:26 PM, steveerkcanjerk said:

I think they answered it pretty clearly. Separating the queues is probably going to really hurt the queue. Like they can't be any more clear, at this point there is probably numbers telling them hey if you make group vs solo queue it is gonna drag out the times and it probably would. Happened in other games probably would happen here to. And even if the majority of players are solo that doesn't mean there are not a good amount of players playing in groups. Minority doesn't mean small it just means less then the majority. This would lead me to believe that they see stats that show that there is also a solid amount of players also grouping up. And this isn't like a unqiue thing to swtor either like just about every casual pvp game mixes groups and solo players all the time and they have offered a very solid compromise so now less of your games will be impacted by premades and that way if someone decides to hop on with a group at like idk mid afternoon on a weekday or super late at night they will eventually get to play the game. I think its fair to say those players experience in a multiplayer, team based, role based game i might add does matter. And sometimes compromise is the name of the game. Almost every game has to compromise somewhere in this reguard that is a casual pvp game. Hell even valorent and CS often have you going up against premades and those are sweaty pvp games so it happens. 

As for leaving the game i mean it sounds like you are very very frustrated with the pvp and its probably for the best to step away. And when you comeback hopefully the game will be more fun for you. But as for them communicating I mean they are and they are managing not just your communties demands but various other ones as well. But they have been communicating and I dont think they can be anymore clear on how they are going to tackle the premade stuff. Might not have been the answer you wanted but it is one and there are also many players who are pretty happy playing the game and surrounding yourself with people who think along the same lines as you in terms of the game does not always mean thats is the picture of the whole game, because by that logic swtor would be dead and patch X.X would have killed the game like 10 years ago. But i do hope you find a game that doesnt make you feel upset at it. 

Na my guy you're the one who's not getting it, no offense. We actually talk to a wide range of players who make up the community, as well as the premades and I can affirm you're just wrong, and trix has every right to feel the way he does.

True, the game hasn't died yet, but I would never call the state it's currently in alive. The disparity between pvp now (taking into account everything from player population to average player skill and general quality of the whole pvp experience) and pvp as it used to be just up to a couple patches ago is a complete mockery.

But even with the steady decline in quality for pvp over the years, nothing prepared us for the complete nonsense we have to deal with currently. Honestly at this point it would probably literally be better to completely revert the game back to how it was in 2.0 and just stop changing anything. 
Let the people who want to cry do so. 

Atm it's plain to see no one is enjoying pvp, not the premades, not the longtime skilled solo q'ers, not the pve players who are just there for the rewards. It's just a complete mess. 

What bioware needs to do above all else atm is put FUN back as a priority in pvp. Forget the rewards, forget barbie dressup, forget 8 man premades. All of those things are part of why pvp is awful now. The people q'ing in premades aren't having fun. The people losing their minds grinding for rewards are not having fun. the solo players who just want to q in and enjoy themselves are certainly not having fun.
PvP has and always will be about players wanting to fight other players instead of hitting 1's and 0's, TO HAVE FUN. Period. 

BRING BACK THE FUN, DUMP THE REST.

• Like 3

CAN WE PLEASE ADDRESS THIS LOCKOUT PROBLEM?!

I haven't heard how they are being adjusted yet, but at least twice a week I'm getting locked out because when I join a warzone after it's already started it takes me closer to 50 seconds to load in. Then I'm stuck behind a respawn barrier or just spawn point barrier for a good 10-15 seconds. If I'm not then kicked from the match, I usually get kicked because of a 5 second feedback delay of information or just space-barring through cut scenes I can't disable kills my remaining time so I get booted. This has made it much harder on me grinding through Season 1.

I NEVER have this problem if I"m among the first of those clicking the "join" when the queue pops. It's only if someone leaves right at the start, and I'm the last to join or join mid-match. ESPECIALLY with the Attacker position in Void Star and any other War Zones that have battle cut scene intros that I can't turn off. (I've tried)

My computer and connection isn't so laggy that I get this lock out at any other time other than in these specific instances.

All you're doing is punishing me for a situation that's out of my control because I'd opt out of joining mid-match if I could or otherwise only join specific war zones that I know I don't have as much problem with. 

I like try to curb my content to only do what my computer, connection, and disabilities are capable of doing, but you're making it impossible for me to do the handful of content I do enjoy with this obsession over penalizing people who are just sitting in the match doing nothing anyways.

Seriously, they've stopped quitting the match and just stand there, run around, and do nothing or just dance and run emotes if they really don't want to participate. So now we're stuck with the players who don't want the match or don't like it just not trying and going into some corner to sit, while those of us who are trying to play but get stuck with 20 seconds of extra lag we couldn't avoid get locked out.

• Like 4

Of course they need more data/metrics. :w_rolls_eyes: They need three months of declining queues to get that obvious information because more than decade of warzones data and over 9000 whining threads on these long forgotten forums is not enough. And of course they will read all that metrics wrong even after season "two" ends. :csw_jabbapet: Typical Bioware Austin.

On 3/9/2023 at 2:26 AM, steveerkcanjerk said:

I think they answered it pretty clearly. Separating the queues is probably going to really hurt the queue.

The people who asked about separate queues were just day dreaming. But not reducing max groups back to 4-man at max is just shows how asi... stubborn Bioware is. Because it will not hurt anything* but to Bioware's ego, as they dont want to admit their own mistakes so "quickly".

*Also i just want to remind that 8 man "groups" were possible way before 7.2 - these ash... "team-minded" players just needed way more work to queue-sync two 4-man groups. But right now they can just tap a button and be totally non-toxic to poor solo players in the same queue. :jawa_mad:

• Like 2

On 3/8/2023 at 4:53 PM, JackieKo said:

With that in mind, starting in 7.2.1 there will now be a much higher priority during matchmaking to pair premades against each other when possible. There are two considerations that we will be monitoring very closely: 

• This will likely increase queue times for all players as we are enforcing harder matchmaking rules up front to pop a match.
  • With this in mind, as time passes with a player in a queue there becomes a delta where we will prioritize popping a match over everything else. Meaning you can still be paired with a premade but it will take a longer duration of time to pass in the queue for that to happen.

We shall see if this works...

Also it should be tweaked and tested and not just changed and left alone...

18 hours ago, Crazykidddd said:

Na my guy you're the one who's not getting it, no offense. We actually talk to a wide range of players who make up the community, as well as the premades and I can affirm you're just wrong, and trix has every right to feel the way he does.

True, the game hasn't died yet, but I would never call the state it's currently in alive. The disparity between pvp now (taking into account everything from player population to average player skill and general quality of the whole pvp experience) and pvp as it used to be just up to a couple patches ago is a complete mockery.

But even with the steady decline in quality for pvp over the years, nothing prepared us for the complete nonsense we have to deal with currently. Honestly at this point it would probably literally be better to completely revert the game back to how it was in 2.0 and just stop changing anything. 
Let the people who want to cry do so. 

Atm it's plain to see no one is enjoying pvp, not the premades, not the longtime skilled solo q'ers, not the pve players who are just there for the rewards. It's just a complete mess. 

What bioware needs to do above all else atm is put FUN back as a priority in pvp. Forget the rewards, forget barbie dressup, forget 8 man premades. All of those things are part of why pvp is awful now. The people q'ing in premades aren't having fun. The people losing their minds grinding for rewards are not having fun. the solo players who just want to q in and enjoy themselves are certainly not having fun.
PvP has and always will be about players wanting to fight other players instead of hitting 1's and 0's, TO HAVE FUN. Period. 

BRING BACK THE FUN, DUMP THE REST.

I never once said that its unjustified for trix to feel the way they do. I am just stating the fact that bioware is making it clear that they dont want to separate the queues. And the game is alive lol. A game does not need to be FF14 or WoW to be alive. The game is surviving a decline since launch i guess. But saying its dead! its dead! until you get it right doesn't really count of being correct. And if you want to experience a dead game turn on archeage, that is what a really dead game looks like.

I simply said thats their answer and its okay to step away if you are not having fun with the game. Its something that I think more people can practice. But in order to grow as a game there needs to be some degree of progression to pvp because there is a lot of players who try the game out and see there is no reason to really pvp outside of i find the combat fun and they fall off the game. But there are plenty of people still enjoying the game, and generally people dont come to the forums for example to praise devs they come to complain. So to say look at this thread and how mad we are is not even close to the whole picture. So they have a better view of the game as a whole from a data perspective and they have come out and said this is their choice.

Also saying things like X patch was better etc. is always a goofy thing to say because everyone has their favorite patches. Like 2.X was depressing as a ranged dps in pvp, or how in 3.X being melee dps in raids was kinda rough. So depending on what type of player you are, you will have a different opinion on which was a better time. And live service games are going to have their ups and downs, maybe the game is in a low point for some players but eventually a patch could come around where that changes. This also goes with putting in the "FUN" is also super opinionated and tbh doesn't contribute to anything because there are people having fun with the game. 

I wanted to also add i say this as someone who plays solo 70% of the time and when a friend or 2 pops on we group up to play and we all get our W's and still have a good time. I even solo queue as a tank to add where i kinda have to rely on others to do things sometimes but the game is still fun at least to me. Does it suck to get stomped sometimes yeah it does, but i can literally say that for any game especially role based games. SWTOR is not this super unique case for this like ever played overwatch solo? yeah its a bit rough compared to bringing in a premade. 

So with all that said, you have made your complaints known to bioware, bioware responded. You may not like the response and not enjoy the game as much which is probably a good time to step away and do something in your free time you enjoy. More patches will come, then you might hop back in, maybe not but that is just how live services go. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/9/2023 at 5:15 PM, steveerkcanjerk said:

my man relax, also it sounds like this goes way deeper then pvp queues. And if you think that sure that can be your opinion but there are way way worse games out there then this. Also almost every mmo practically has gone through server reduction unless they have cross server queues not to mention the graveyard of worse mmos. It sounds like you need to have a beer or something and mellow out. 

Yes. totally agree! Lets have a beer together, sit back and relax, and continue to watch How a particular group of players(less than 0.001%) been ruined the game for everyone Pve / pvp. After all It just a game like you said $14.95+tax. So Yea! Lets have a beer, relax and continue to watch and the majority have no saying. Why I didn't though about that before

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monhnich said:

Yes. totally agree! Lets have a beer together, sit back and relax, and continue to watch How a particular group of players(less than 0.001%) been ruined the game for everyone Pve / pvp. After all It just a game like you said $14.95+tax. So Yea! Lets have a beer, relax and continue to watch and the majority have no saying. Why I didn't though about that before

I mean at the end of the day its your 14.99 so you decide where it goes. And you don't know how many players feel what, just because you and your friends feel X way doesn't mean it is representive of the rest of the game. You don't know that, I don't know that. Also most people who are happy won't be on here or looking at this thread. I didn't say you had to like whats happening in the game but your response was so extra. And you are right it is a game at the end of the day in which you the player decide to put money down on. There isn't a gun to your head, contractual obligation your 14.99 needs to go there. But this idea that you or the 10 people on here represent the entire community is just not true. There isn't any data anyone is referencing outside of the people the directly talk to which most of time is just confirmation bias. So like your reality of everyone hates whats going on because thats who you surround yourself with it can be literally applied to the people on the otherside. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, steveerkcanjerk said:

So like your reality of everyone hates whats going on because thats who you surround yourself with it can be literally applied to the people on the otherside. 

there are about 100 bobble heads around my room nodding in agreement as I read this post. 😃

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, krackcommando said:

I think a deserter debuff of any kind is ludicrous given the skill disparity, lack of map choice, and nature of a mixed queue system (the dreaded premade vs. solo). Even if you just created a mercy rule, that would be something. But BW seems to think otherwise on all of these issues. which is...iunno...whatever.

BUT, at least fix your ****ing game so that I don't get roll bugged in the spawn ON A MERC. it's one thing to have a philosophical difference of opinion (first paragraph). it's another issue completely when customers are literally penalized b/c the developer's/game's implementation is at fault. And I'm not talking about random D/Cs or server crashes. I'm talking about known bugs that are 100% the fault of the server/game code/game rather than the player, yet the player is actively penalized for it.

finally, I find it incredibly petty on the part of BW to be so draconian in what is, again, a mixed queue. it ain't ranked. and the prizes you offer for the seasons are all grindable. if a person leaves a match they make zero progress toward that grind, but they've wasted time queuing, losing, and the requeuing. I'm not sure how exactly this, of all things, is such a serious issue when the underlying issue, which affects everyone in the game, is lopsided matchmaking. don't want to make a group of highly rated players wait? ok. game's not serious business. so don't penalize people for forfeiting and getting on with their lives.

All that, plus there is something fundamentally wrong in how they justify the deserter debuff in the first place. Not just in pvp, in pve too. If the content is so bad, the group is so bad or the people in the group so toxic that you don't want to be there at all, BW thinks it's a great idea to force people to stay in and "have fun" with a threat of penalty. 

If people want to leave a match (or fp) early, they should be allowed to. The waste of time for not finishing it should definitely be enough of penalty. Most of us are paying for this game, that should give us a right to choose the content we want to play. If they want to force bad and toxic group content on us, then they should pay us.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeannaVoyager said:

If people want to leave a match (or fp) early, they should be allowed to. The waste of time for not finishing it should definitely be enough of penalty. Most of us are paying for this game, that should give us a right to choose the content we want to play. If they want to force bad and toxic group content on us, then they should pay us.  

I think pvp is significantly different from an fp though. for example, you could get <reign in lameness> 4-6m in a hb just bullying a bunch of hopeless pugs by passing the ball back and forth at mid until time runs out. NPCs don't do that to you.

1 hour ago, krackcommando said:

I think pvp is significantly different from an fp though. for example, you could get <reign in lameness> 4-6m in a hb just bullying a bunch of hopeless pugs by passing the ball back and forth at mid until time runs out. NPCs don't do that to you.

NPC's don't, other players can. That's why I included toxic people, not toxic NPC in the list.

But there is no point comparing which situation is worse for the player who is trapped in content they don't want to play or with people they don't want to play with. Point is, we should be allowed to leave instances we don't enjoy playing instead of being forced to finish them. Being forced to do something with toxic people or situation makes the game unenjoyable, which leads to less people doing group content, or more toxic people in group content in the long run. Neither is good. If people can't leave whatever content they are playing without a penalty, they will take out their frustration on other players. And all BW can think to fix this is adding more forced content and penalties for leaving those instances... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steveerkcanjerk said:

I mean at the end of the day its your 14.99 so you decide where it goes. And you don't know how many players feel what, just because you and your friends feel X way doesn't mean it is representive of the rest of the game. 

Me and 400 on pages on the forums from current / former players feel the same way. 

Also most people who are happy won't be on here or looking at this thread. I didn't say you had to like whats happening in the game but your response was so extra. 

They had quit the game. Its why you don't see them here posting anymore. 

There isn't a gun to your head, contractual obligation your 14.99 needs to go there. But this idea that you or the 10 people on here represent the entire community is just not true. 

True.  Players who paid a subscription and pour money into this game We're supporting the current status quote. Yeah, why complain. 

. So like your reality of everyone hates whats going on because thats who you surround yourself with it can be literally applied to the people on the otherside. 

I am a Solo player. My ideas are my own. I don't conspire with other to to write stuff in the forums. They don't know me and I don't know them. 

7 hours ago, krackcommando said:

there are about 100 bobble heads around my room nodding in agreement as I read this post. 😃

Yea man. Is all in my imagination. They're actually 23 server, and not down to  2 U.S servers like my mind is telling me. So you can go ahead and merge to any of the 23 if YOu like. And yes no one wrote 400 pages since 2012 form current and former players. Its all in my mind. 

Sorry typos 🤣no time for editing

Edited by Monhnich
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

But there is no point comparing which situation is worse for the player who is trapped in content they don't want to play or with people they don't want to play with. Point is, we should be allowed to leave instances we don't enjoy playing instead of being forced to finish them.

I disagree. I don't personally care if ppl leave an FP.

but there are fundamental differences between the two systems. you have total control over the queue for FPs (you pick the maps you want, the level of competition, etc.). the NPCs don't have the ability to subvert the game by (e.g.) changing the rules or ignoring the objectives. you have control over who your teammates are, and you know exactly who your "enemy" is (the NPCs). AND you can ignore players to keep them from ever randomly joining your team if you choose to solo queue.

it's just fundamentally different in a way that makes rationalizations for leaving significantly less meaningful.

anyway, I've said all I care to on the pvp deserter debuff. we're just spiraling out of control now. so gonna try not to reply here again. 😁

edit:

Yea man. Is all in my imagination. They're actually 23 server, and not down to  2 U.S servers like my mind is telling me. So you can go ahead and merge to any of the 23 if YOu like. And yes no one wrote 400 pages since 2012 form current and former players. Its all in my mind. 

while I happen to agree with the guy, you'll notice I only quoted and responded to one line, which I pulled out of context to make a joke about myself. alone. in a room. surrounded by inanimate objects. that all agree with everything I say. get it? a joke. at my own expense. have a nice day.

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Monhnich said:

Me and 400 on pages on the forums from current / former players feel the same way. 

They had quit the game. Its why you don't see them here posting anymore. 

True.  Players who paid a subscription and pour money into this game We're supporting the current status quote. Yeah, why complain. 

I am a Solo player. My ideas are my own. I don't conspire with other to to write stuff in the forums. They don't know me and I don't know them. 

Sorry typos 🤣no time for editing

So couple of things

1. 400 pages doesnt mean anything. Its about unique users that feel that way. You and me can have a back and forth like we are now that takes up well over a few pages. 

2. They quit game okay but alot of people have not and enjoy the game. It's why its still operational. And lets be real, EA and Bioware are not afraid to walk away from a project if its not. They also just did a 64bit update, so that means the game is still performing well enough. People quit games all the time. 

3. Yeah and some players are not that mad about the status quo. At the end of the day if the changes hurt bioware so badly they would not just keeping going the course. No one is just out to get you like that. So again its your choice to retract your money. 

4. Yeah? So you talk to nobody. You play the game alone in a vacuum and then come on the forums and say everybody hates this and should hate this. I think the sillyness of that speaks for itself. Oh you saw 5-10 people say what you said therefore you think there is this massive army behind that nah man. 

5. And this whole server thing and pages from 2012. Bruh the game has changed alot since then. Alot of those points are not relevent anymore. Servers that shrunk well before the pvp update came out. So this idea that there is this causation between those things is just silly. And to say that this is a major reason why people left the game is also wrong because even if we take the biggest talking point which is premades vs solo's and used that, well guess what other mmo's do that as well and they are fine. Hell ESO tried to make the queue solo only for arenas and the queues actually died after 2 months. It went so bad that they had to revert the changes back to solo's and premades in the same queue. 

6. And you can make all the sarcastic remarks you want but at the end of the day the basis of your critism specifically towards the pvp system just has no basis. Because even if we take your really flawed logic, the game has been dying since 2012 and guess what bioware made a change. Shocker right. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1