Resolve

Crazykidddd

4 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

and yes, I would prefer a more elegant solution to the problem of chain stuns after the breaker is used APPROPRIATELY.

There we go , finally someone getting things back on-topic here.

So what would be a more "elegant" solution ?

Can the game-engine even account for say adding diminishing returns to  Resolve bar code?  Or somehow account for how many players are stunning within a certain time frame?

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: so nice having new fans lol

Just now, Nee-Elder said:

There we go , finally someone getting things back on-topic here.

Can the game-engine even account for say adding diminishing returns to  Resolve bar code?  Or somehow account for how many players are stunning within a certain time frame?

What about after using a breaker the user gets a 2-3 Sec CC immunity grace period? It stops people from spamming CC's, and lets the user react accordingly. So Say I'm a merc I got stunned, I'm near death, I pop breaker, than I can pop Adrenaline rush or Echoing Deterrence after breaking. It doesn't fill up whitebar but it gives the player just enough squeeze room to pop a defensive. 

5 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

literally the first reply to this thread:

On 3/7/2023 at 3:27 PM, krackcommando said:

I would also support a 50% reduction of the class breaker when it is used during white bar. and to make things interesting, maybe a 50% penalty/lengthening of the cd if used w/o white bar.

and as I'm now just quoting myself. I think I'm done replying here. I don't like it when a person just says the same thing over and over again. it sounds whiny.

edit: the other part of my first reply suggests that the various available CC needs to be dealt with on an individual basis. e.g., carbonize maybe treated as a 4s stun? kinda like a tax for the fact that it stuns multiple targets.

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, krackcommando said:

literally the first reply to this thread:

ah yes, i actually remembered reading that earlier but never  replied/considered it cuz i got distracted by other posts.  ( my bad ! )

2 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

I don't like it when a person just says the same thing over and over again. it sounds whiny.

All depends on who is doing the saying. ;)\

9 minutes ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

What about after using a breaker the user gets a 2-3 Sec CC immunity grace period? It stops people from spamming CC's, and lets the user react accordingly. So Say I'm a merc I got stunned, I'm near death, I pop breaker, than I can pop Adrenaline rush or Echoing Deterrence after breaking. It doesn't fill up whitebar but it gives the player just enough squeeze room to pop a defensive. 

you do know that adrenaline rush activates automatically even during stun if you use it properly right? Also you know you can use https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/abl/echoing-deterrence while stunned right?

Edited by sithBracer
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

edit: the other part of my first reply suggests that the various available CC needs to be dealt with on an individual basis. e.g., carbonize maybe treated as a 4s stun? kinda like a tax for the fact that it stuns multiple targets.

Interesting and you sound like someone who could be valuable with feedback & ideas  if/when BioWare ever chooses to do a 'CC revamp' .

Apparently something potentially substantial might be coming soon-->  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927998-jackieko-isnt-communicating-or-responding-on-forums-for-about-two-weeks-now/?do=findComment&comment=9746023  ... but i have a feeling  'Combat' itself won't be changing much at all for a while.

5 minutes ago, sithBracer said:

you do know that adrenaline rush activates automatically even during stun if you use it properly right? Also you know you can use https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/abl/echoing-deterrence while stunned right?

It was a hypothetical Scenario I created, the idea still stands. But since you want to nitpick every detail, here is a more realistic scenario. I'm A sin, I get stunned, I pop breaker, than I can Pop Force speed to get away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sithBracer said:

If 3 sins are in stealth just ganking you where is the rest of your team? You understand that while those 3 sins are in stealth, they are forcing their team to fight 3 man down right? Why are you and your team so bad you can't take advantage?

Every class except sin, operative has something they can do to alleviate stuns. PTs have 2 breakers, Juggs have ED, snipers have entrench/hololocate, sorcs have phase walk, mercs have bubble and maras have a lot of CC immunity. You not knowing how to use these is an L2P problem, not a mechanic problem.

There are players in voice calling out targets and the current ttk is so low (and healing hasn't been tuned to account for burst) they can blow ppl up in about 10 seconds. As I said before it's a very specific example because it doesn't happen often enough for me to complain about it on the forums but it still does happen. So when ppl are being deleted in about 10 seconds it doesn't matter where the rest of ur team is unless ur running in a premade doing the same thing and even then when u get ganked from stealth there's not much anyone can do bar a quick guard swap and focused heals (which i have experienced and works when running in a premade). I'm mostly solo queued regardless. Since you questioned my ability in game I do just fine against these types of premades, but then again I mostly play leth op which has the get out of jail card by trinketing the stun and hitting ur disappear before ur stun locked. That saves you the first time, won't save u the 2nd time. 

Second, with a lot of the classes you mentioned, many of those abilities are locked in the tree. Why be forced to play a certain way because of something that's broken. Sorc for example doesn't get phase if you are playing elemental conv. The sniper ability is also a choice. 

Tbh the current system doesn't really bother me except the very specific situation I already mentioned. When there's a coordinated gank squad resolve is completely useless. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sithBracer said:

Can you please tell me what content in the game forces you to play 4-8v1?

In regards to this u honestly sound like someone who doesn't venture into wzs unless ur in a full 8 man premade lol. In bigger maps when ur on an entirely pug team you are often on your own attacking a node or defending because the team isn't coordinated. It happens a lot especially against a premade who's just farming/ganking. That and about half the players in pvp these days don't even use dcds at all so half the team is in the spawn many times in that situation 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2023 at 3:27 PM, krackcommando said:

the only *problem* with resolve as a mechanic is that in WZs, it ticks away out of combat or while you're sitting in respawn.

I would also support a 50% reduction of the class breaker when it is used during white bar. and to make things interesting, maybe a 50% penalty/lengthening of the cd if used w/o white bar.

but no. resolve is not fundamentally broken. I prefer it much more than diminishing returns. but there are individual classes/specs that have way too much control or the control should be on a longer cd, imo. these are fine tuning things though.

👍🏻

22 hours ago, krackcommando said:

it dumbs down the game because it doesn't punish bad game play by breaking early. it dumbs down the game because ppl don't have to consider their own or their opponents' current resolve. it dumbs down the game because it automates the engagement making counters more simplistic. it dumbs down the game because, whether or not you're solo queued, you're playing a team game with teammates. and if they leave you alone to your fate, then you're on a crap team.

Breaking early is an issue created by being able to be stunned twice in a row, if they made resolve activate after one stun you wouldn't have that issue, but you would still have used your breaker and 12-15 secs later you can be stunned again. You're creating this illusion of skill based on a situation that would no longer exist. This whole notion of being punished for breaking early is only bcs you can then get stunned again, it's in no way an essential part of pvp and could easily be removed. Plus if that's what you refer to as skill (not breaking early), I would be willing to bet there's a ton of other stuff you need to be focusing on instead.
Like i mentioned, not only would you still have to take into account ppl's resolves but it would in fact make it even more challenging to properly use it bcs only hard stuns would fill it, and once it's filled all your other cc abilities are essentially meaningless, so just like now, you would have to use your abilities that fill resolve less before you use the bigger ones so you can get in more before the bar fills up.
"Automates the engagement", you're clearly attaching way too much importance to cc in the game, and it doesn't make anything more simplistic. Simplicity is knowing I can jump a target with people and global a target before it can even move. How in the world is being able to only be stunned once in a row making things more simplistic? If anything if complicates things i na sense because you won't be able to rely on cc and will actually have to rely on using your abilities, something which is very clearly lacking in pvp atm for this exact reason: people rely too much on cc because resolve allows you to do so. 
Your last point made no sense whatsoever. 

22 hours ago, krackcommando said:

i didn't assume anything. did you even read what I wrote, in the reply to your first post or to SentinalMasterWW? It was in the exact same reply that you quoted me. it was item number 3. the match doesn't have to "just start" to have your breaker available. it's available many times throughout WZs. and I did say I find it problematic after you've used your breaker CORRECTLY (while white barred and taking fire). do you not understand that with your poorly thought-out "new rule," that I can just break on the first stun immediately, then the next stun fills white bar. and the next. and the next. there's no punishment or reward for using your breaker appropriately. in fact, you're REWARDED for using your breaker on CD, because any stun results in an instant white bar every time. so yes, it dumbs down the game. and yes, I would prefer a more elegant solution to the problem of chain stuns after the breaker is used APPROPRIATELY.

obviously I only used the match just starting as an example to say that your breaker is up. 
Yes you can break on the first stun immediately, but you're also white barred, and once that goes you're back to square one with no cc breaker for the next ~1.5 min, in which you can be stunned multiple times even with hard stuns immediately activating white bar. Your entire argument in all of this revolves solely around this whole notion you have of "using your breaker appropriately", which I've already dealt with above. 
The only thing this new rule would do is put more importance on using your abilities correctly, line of sighting correctly, having proper positioning, kiting efficiently and actually fighting rather than rely on cc to carry you. 

The whole issue of using your breaker correctly is so insignificant in the context of pvp it's shocking to me it was even brought up.

But hey, if removing to a certain extent the "skill" issue of using your breaker appropriately (which literally takes 0.1 brain cells to do) is dumbing the game down, but allowing people to be stunned for 8s straight, especially in a burst meta patch is not called dumbing the game down then your whole sense of logic is completely broken.

21 hours ago, Samcuu said:

There are players in voice calling out targets and the current ttk is so low (and healing hasn't been tuned to account for burst) they can blow ppl up in about 10 seconds.

Atm using some classes, i can global people alone in less time than that. 

1 hour ago, Crazykidddd said:

Atm using some classes, i can global people alone in less time than that. 

Yeah I was actually trying to be conservative. 6 - 8 seconds at most and you can stun lock and kill someone on certain classes for sure.