ETA for Galactic Season 4

kcirevamnalyd

i hope it gets announced *soon* because  it sure seems empty without ANY  'seasons' to pursue now.

That's one of the big problems with player hamster-wheels:  Once players get used to them,  they have nothing to do anymore (nor any reason to do it)  once that wheel stops churning.

imho,  if  BioWare is gonna rely so heavily on seasons as "content" now, then there should've ever be any breaks between seasons at all.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

The new SH hasn't been on the PTS yet (they had the fleet ones on PTS) so I'd think we still have some time to go.

The new SH Mek-Sha is on PTS right now.

Here is the Link for a few pictures. It's bit hard to see it on PTS.

My estimate would be March, maybe April if something really gamebreaking happens on PTS. Most of the Rewards of the second PVP Season and a few of the new Galactic Season can be found. There is just no track yet.

5 hours ago, Gibonski said:

I think we need ETA for a lot more than just this.

Developers where art thou?

Yeah it feels so weird, that the devs seem to disappear for most of the year. Then there is like one 40 min stream and that was it for the year until we get another lifesign. Other way smaller MMOs can manage to have regular communication in streams and forums and so on. Even small games like DDO or Star Trek Online can manage to have at least SOME communication. 

• Like 4

BioWare not interacting with us, the players, is sadly nothing new. They promise more communication with the player base, then fail to follow up on that, unless something goes horribly wrong with a patch, which also seems to happen more often as of late.

We can but hope we get more transparency and better communication, but I doubt it with BW's track record...

Edited by Otowi
Corrected a minor typo.
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

i hope it gets announced *soon* because  it sure seems empty without ANY  'seasons' to pursue now.

That's one of the big problems with player hamster-wheels:  Once players get used to them,  they have nothing to do anymore (nor any reason to do it)  once that wheel stops churning.

imho,  if  BioWare is gonna rely so heavily on seasons as "content" now, then there should've ever be any breaks between seasons at all.

I can wait ... personally.  Unless there are some really big changes and better reasons to be actively engaged in another season.  
[/shrugs]
Will it be another copy/paste ... "hamster-in-the-cage" series ... again??

Edited by OlBuzzard

3 hours ago, Stradlin said:

Has BW said new SH will be tied to the next season?

They did.  If you look at the website and the 7.2.1 on the PTS blurb, they say that GS4 will come with the update and the new SH is part of it. 

• Like 1

I am amazed, yet again. Second episode of Mandalorian is out, people are hyped for star wars and we have no words from developers, like literally nothing. Update on what events are running throughout March is the best you can do? Surely that is not the case!

Let us know what is cooking! Even if there is not much, we have the right to be hyped and stay subbed, continue to make these threads, because without it, what's left?

Come on developers, you were on a good wave of updates, we need more! Now is the time to act again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gibonski said:

I am amazed, yet again. Second episode of Mandalorian is out, people are hyped for star wars and we have no words from developers, like literally nothing. Update on what events are running throughout March is the best you can do? Surely that is not the case!

Let us know what is cooking! Even if there is not much, we have the right to be hyped and stay subbed, continue to make these threads, because without it, what's left?

Come on developers, you were on a good wave of updates, we need more! Now is the time to act again.

They're not going to release news because of the Mandalorian dude. I don't like it either but "X show is coming so we should be getting more news" is senseless, they should give us news when they have them. Roadmaps of what we can expect would be great, even if the details aren't nailed down. But I am not holding my breath, considering Bioware stopped doing those years ago.

On 3/7/2023 at 11:44 AM, Vyzra said:

The new SH Mek-Sha is on PTS right now.

Here is the Link for a few pictures. It's bit hard to see it on PTS.

Thanks for the link. Pretty stupid that the fleet strongholds cost 8 tokens and this costs 14. Another transparent attempt to make us grind rather than just producing content that we actually want to buy.

On 3/9/2023 at 9:48 AM, FlameYOL said:

They're not going to release news because of the Mandalorian dude. I don't like it either but "X show is coming so we should be getting more news" is senseless, they should give us news when they have them. Roadmaps of what we can expect would be great, even if the details aren't nailed down. But I am not holding my breath, considering Bioware stopped doing those years ago.

They're not going to release comments because of x show not because they shouldn't but because they've never capitalized on current star wars media before so we can't expect them to do so now. However, they absolutely should and it's always lulzy to me that this game has nothing to do with the rest of the IP--the devs seemed not to have given any thought to try build up the fanbase by attracting other star wars fans even though it's a completely obvious marketing move.

Whenever Mass Effect 4 fans fantasize about what a masterpiece they think that game is going to be, I tell them to go play SWTOR. This isn't the bioware that created Mass Effect 2, but it is the studio that we're stuck with now. 

19 minutes ago, Ardrossan said:

Thanks for the link. Pretty stupid that the fleet strongholds cost 8 tokens and this costs 14. Another transparent attempt to make us grind rather than just producing content that we actually want to buy.

They're not going to release comments because of x show not because they shouldn't but because they've never capitalized on current star wars media before so we can't expect them to do so now. However, they absolutely should and it's always lulzy to me that this game has nothing to do with the rest of the IP--the devs seemed not to have given any thought to try build up the fanbase by attracting other star wars fans even though it's a completely obvious marketing move.

Whenever Mass Effect 4 fans fantasize about what a masterpiece they think that game is going to be, I tell them to go play SWTOR. This isn't the bioware that created Mass Effect 2, but it is the studio that we're stuck with now. 

Not as bad as you think. Each Fleet SH cost 8 (so 16 for both). The mek-sha SH isn't divided by Faction so 14 means you get it in 1 season.

2 minutes ago, Toraak said:

Not as bad as you think. Each Fleet SH cost 8 (so 16 for both). The mek-sha SH isn't divided by Faction so 14 means you get it in 1 season.

What it means is that most of us can't buy it immediately, instead we need to grind. I have more than 8 tokens saved but i don't have 14. 

1 minute ago, Ardrossan said:

What it means is that most of us can't buy it immediately, instead we need to grind. I have more than 8 tokens saved but i don't have 14. 

Most of us can buy it immediately. Most people have been capped on the tokens for 2 seasons. I still have 14/15 after wasting tokens on mounts just so I could accept Season 3 Rewards.

• Like 2

Also have more tokens than i need. Still, IMO, the new SH looks more 'meh' than all previous before.

I mean is logical that a SH gets the vibe from the planet it is placed, but in this case is not the vibe; it looks like full copy/paste from the same places that are already in open map. Feels too lazy, even by swtor standards.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ardrossan said:

Even when they had lots of people working for them they rarely fixed bugs. I would actually say that they've more to fix bugs in the past 2 years than they have in the previous 8. Which is still quite low, I just encountered a story bug playing through Inquisitor on Korriban that I remember seeing like five years ago lol.  

19 hours ago, Ardrossan said:

Capitalizing on current Star Wars media has been done in the past, not immediately of course but there's been plenty of CM sets based on the new movies and shows released throughout the years. As far as story capitalizing on it, if I recall Charles talked about how the Lucasfilm Story Group prefers that SWTOR avoids storylines too similar to what the mainstream Star Wars is doing. I sincerely doubt the lack of capitalizing on the rest of the IP is entirely up to Bioware, considering they've done so through Cartel Market items. Now, EA should definitely do a better job of marketing this game as the publisher. I'm also confused as to how Mass Effect has anything to do with the current topic, we're discussing the most underfunded and understaffed team of the company. Edmonto has its own set of issues to deal with, but at least unlike Austin they actually have proper funding.

Edited by FlameYOL

2 hours ago, FlameYOL said:

As far as story capitalizing on it, if I recall Charles talked about how the Lucasfilm Story Group prefers that SWTOR avoids storylines too similar to what the mainstream Star Wars is doing. 

Literally the last content update has focused on mandalorians, and the new season of mando just came out, and there's apparently no connection. It didn't even occur to me until very recently. As it stands it's just a coincidence. But it could be so much more, they don't have to change anything about the story, but they certainly can change how they market it...and they don't. As far as I know they did no marketing whatsoever to tie this game to the sequel trilogy, just like they do no marketing around May the 4th.

It's such wasted potential. This game is the ugly step child of star wars games, and part of it is the setting but a big part is that those at the top have no idea what to do with it. Devs should not have a problem with funding stuff to do in this game, the IP sells itself. 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 2:36 PM, Ardrossan said:

Literally the last content update has focused on mandalorians, and the new season of mando just came out, and there's apparently no connection. It didn't even occur to me until very recently. As it stands it's just a coincidence. But it could be so much more, they don't have to change anything about the story, but they certainly can change how they market it...and they don't. As far as I know they did no marketing whatsoever to tie this game to the sequel trilogy, just like they do no marketing around May the 4th.

It's such wasted potential. This game is the ugly step child of star wars games, and part of it is the setting but a big part is that those at the top have no idea what to do with it. Devs should not have a problem with funding stuff to do in this game, the IP sells itself. 

Devs will definitely have a problem funding the game when EA is our publisher.

47 minutes ago, FlameYOL said:

Devs will definitely have a problem funding the game when EA is our publisher.

Why? EA funded lots of BW games without any issue. We always want to make EA the big bad but the insider disclosures from a few years ago revealed that BioWare created many of these problems for themselves. 

17 hours ago, Ardrossan said:

Why? EA funded lots of BW games without any issue. We always want to make EA the big bad but the insider disclosures from a few years ago revealed that BioWare created many of these problems for themselves. 

They indeed fund a lot of Bioware games, not this one clearly. We can see the results. And what inside disclosures? As far as I know, nothing has revelead Bioware Austin is underfunded because Bioware itself doesn't want to fund it, the money comes from EA, they decide which projects to fund that's the role of a publisher in video game development. And well, SWTOR is not on their priority list and has never been after launch. Of course I could be wrong and the current lack of funding and staff could be Bioware own's desires, but as far as I know there's never been any indication of that. 

Edited by FlameYOL