Are pvp tokens season specific or general?

GRAY_JEDI_DARK

Hi

I was able to aquire the max 20 tokens in the last week of the season, but the reward i am interested in is in block B week.

As i saw few of my friends mentioning that pvp tokens are reset each season start, but did not find any official dev information of that I wanted to ask if i can keep my 20 tokens for 2 more weeks and than buy the reward  want, or should i spend my 20 tokens before season resets tomorrow?

as the cap is 25 tokens i assume they stay between seasons and i have nothing to worry about but want to make sure and not waste all of them on nothing.

Thanks in advance for any helpfull answers

19 minutes ago, GRAY_JEDI_DARK said:

before season resets tomorrow?

The  PVP  season doesn't  reset tomorrow.   Only the regular  separate 'Galactic Season 3'  ( for the entire game ) resets tomorrow.

PVP tokens are totally separate from  regular 'Galactic seasons tokens' .

Edited by Nee-Elder

28 minutes ago, GRAY_JEDI_DARK said:

As i saw few of my friends mentioning that pvp tokens are reset each season start

Well, your friends are wrong. The tokens don't reset, you can save them up over several seasons.

9 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

The  PVP  season doesn't  reset tomorrow. 

Yes, it does end tomorrow: https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/1631746266203041792?cxt=HHwWgMDRia6lkKUtAAAA

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SilverChap said:

hmm , that contradicts what we were told a while back here on the official SWTOR forums.

When i have time i'll go back and find the  'Dev Tracker' quote from BioWare about it.

But  in the meantime,  once again pretty frustrating how it took a random person's  random thread  + my random reply to = actual  concrete  INFO being posted on this topic.

Yet it comes from  lol Twitter ?!?!?!   ugh

2 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

hmm , that contradicts what we were told a while back here on the official SWTOR forums.

It doesn't contradict anything. It just confirms what we were told in the beginning in this article: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20221209

Each PvP season, players will be able to advance through 25 levels that grant rewards such as Armor Sets, Seasonal Trophies decorations (small and large), titles, and more. The team is targeting to have several PvP Seasons per calendar year, with each season running for 12 weeks.

31 minutes ago, SilverChap said:

It doesn't contradict anything.

hmm , i could've sworn since the  PVP Season 1  didn't begin at the same time as  'Galactic Seasons 3'  did ,  it wasn't confirmed  that it would coincide/end at the same date.

But i can't find the previous BioWare quote  yet about it .... ( it might've been from PTS forums )

Side-note:  the IN-GAME  PvP 'seasons'  ui  doesn't even state anywhere about  when/if  it will end lol sheesh

Not that it matters anyway, since i could've find anything worth spending my PVP  14 tokens on  regardless.  ( my mental state  just couldn't handle finishing the remaining 15  ARENA weeklys i had left for final achievement  :( )

Edited by Nee-Elder

12 hours ago, SilverChap said:

Well, your friends are wrong. The tokens don't reset, you can save them up over several seasons.

thanks, thats what i was hoping for ^^

11 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

hmm , i could've sworn since the  PVP Season 1  didn't begin at the same time as  'Galactic Seasons 3'  did ,  it wasn't confirmed  that it would coincide/end at the same date.

Side-note:  the IN-GAME  PvP 'seasons'  ui  doesn't even state anywhere about  when/if  it will end lol sheesh

PVP season 1 indeed did not start with GS3, however it was announced it will last 12 weeks. (iirc 1st week was bugged and season pass prog did not work, so was it 13 weeks?)

The <PVP Season X will end in Y days> would be a great addition to UI and a much needed one i agree

@Shabir_Dhillon could we get such an UI upgrade?

11 hours ago, SilverChap said:

It doesn't contradict anything. It just confirms what we were told in the beginning in this article: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20221209

Edit: I just found at the end of that article that

Tokens not used this season can be carried over to the next season.

l guess i should have read it more carefully. Thank you all anyways for clarification.

Edited by GRAY_JEDI_DARK
new information i overlooked
  • Like 1