Current hardware requirements

Trlance

Hello. On november 2022 my launcher was completely broken and i was unable play whole month because devs going crazy with this new setting for swtor as you know. Now i have problem like: crash to desktop randomly when i'm in game and like that already more than a month. I even do not bother to contact support again, it will be waste of time for sure.

To the point: this week I'm going to buy a new PC for PLN 4000 (Polish currency) / ~ EUR 900 let's say. Therefore, I am asking please for the current system requirements and if this requirements gonna change or what because devs not over yet.

I don't want a situation where I buy a new PC and there will still be problems with the client or the game itself. I buy a new PC not only for swtor, but because the old one is over 15 years old and other games don't work either, such as Guild Wars 2 or the latest Tomb Raider.

Please give me answers to my questions, Thanks.

The hardware requirements for SWTOR haven't changed much, and any modern computer should have no particular problem running the game. It is best to have an actual discrete graphics card rather than built in CPU graphics, but it can be relatively low end such as a GTX-1650. It's also best (for SWTOR) to prioritize CPU speed over core count.

If it's a laptop, try to avoid 'thin and light' units and/or CPUs with relatively low (< 2.5GHz) processor speed.

Edited by JediQuaker

8 minutes ago, Trlance said:

I would like to see the specific recommended system requirements please.

i guess you're not familiar with this new thing called  'Google' -->  https://store.steampowered.com/app/1286830/STAR_WARS_The_Old_Republic/  ---> https://help.ea.com/en/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-system-requirements/

Edited by Nee-Elder

Anyone? .. Tomorrow i gonna go buy new PC. I would like to have this information. Really no one can tell me simple updated to this day system requirements? On AHQ same, nothing ..

Edited by Trlance

9 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

dude, the specs haven't changed since 2017

Ya know what just send an email to:  support@swtor.com

smh

Then why nothing works anymore because devs keep upgrade their game more than half year already?

7 hours ago, Taurax said:

Do you have a link to the system you want to buy?  Even though it is listed everywhere about only the minimum requirements, we can look at what you are conisdering, to make sure parts are decent.

Unfortunately i don't know yet .. i must go to shop, show requirements and then they will show me what they have. Looks like even i can't get updated system requirements. On Guild Wars 2 forum i got what i kindly asked in seconds.

Edited by Trlance

7 hours ago, Trlance said:

Then why nothing works anymore because devs keep upgrade their game more than half year already?

Unfortunately i don't know yet .. i must go to shop, show requirements and then they will show me what they have. Looks like even i can't get updated system requirements. On Guild Wars 2 forum i got what i kindly asked in seconds.

The fact that your 15 year old computer has problems has little to do with the specs needed today. We here have no idea what you can buy in Poland for £900. (And I'm not going to bother to try to find out. 🙂 )

Basically you want to aim for an AMD 5600X based system (or Intel equivalent) with at least 8 Gigs of RAM and an nVidia GTX-1650 based Graphics card. SSD/HDD needs only to be large enough to hold the OS (Windows) plus SWTOR - which is only about 120 Gigs.

A typical system would be AMD 5600X, 16Gigs of DDR4 RAM, GTX-1650 GPU, 1TByte hard drive/500Gig SSD. Such a system will easily handle SWTOR. 

Edited by JediQuaker

You have some players with high end gaming laptops complaining things don't work.   There's just too many variables to be able to say for sure what will work and what won't.  A lot of times it's your internet connection that creates issues, not your pc.

If it helps I play on a cheap, 250$ cdn  5 year old Acer laptop, it's not even a gaming laptop.   I get lag issues somedays, but that's more of an internet thing then my computer.

Don't buy a more expensive computer just for swtor, it might not help, and you'll just have wasted your money.

I just bought new pc 16 GB Ram, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz and i shocked. With old PC get to the game Guild Wars 2 took me always more than 5 minutes. Now it took me 10 seconds! All settings all max. Just wow. Not mention i can open trading company without lag and how fast everything works .. i'm speechless. Guess no more crashes for me after whole month of pain on Guild Wars 2.

Tomorrow i gonna install Swtor and see how it's work.

Edited by Trlance

That should server you well, in SWTOR. Just a tip; make sure, if the cooling can handle it, to set two (2) cores/threads to run permanently at 4.4GHz, for the best performance in SWTOR. SWTOR is very CPU hungry, the faster the better. Depending on your GPU, it will also server you well in other games. 

• Thanks 1