Jace Malcolm's 'Hope' Trailer Armor

3 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The closest you'll get is SWTOR Havoc Squad Armor (swtorista.com), which isn't quite right, but is much closer to what you see in the actual trailer.

Not nearly close enough due to the horrendous chest piece. That armor is only useful if you have some green dyes and want to do a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cosplay. I'm suggesting we get the real deal from the trailer. 

9 hours ago, Dayshadow said:

Not nearly close enough due to the horrendous chest piece. That armor is only useful if you have some green dyes and want to do a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cosplay. I'm suggesting we get the real deal from the trailer. 

Hmm.  OK, I just checked in the beginning part of the HOPE trailer, and you're right, sorry.  His armour doesn't have the big triangle on the upper front chest, and none of the Havoc guys have the big backpack, but at least one of the squaddies has the big triangle.

8 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Hmm.  OK, I just checked in the beginning part of the HOPE trailer, and you're right, sorry.  His armour doesn't have the big triangle on the upper front chest, and none of the Havoc guys have the big backpack, but at least one of the squaddies has the big triangle.

I'd like to see Jace's armor. Exactly what you see him wearing in the trailer. I don't care about the squad. They have a variety of different pieces. At least one of them does have the backpack. It's a blink and you miss it kind of thing. But again, not really concerned about the rest of them.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 12:54 PM, Dayshadow said:

I'd like to see Jace's armor. Exactly what you see him wearing in the trailer. I don't care about the squad. They have a variety of different pieces. At least one of them does have the backpack. It's a blink and you miss it kind of thing. But again, not really concerned about the rest of them.

I agree. And many more too as that huge triangle is horrible.

It would be nice if the set offered alternative chests (smaller triangle and with/without backpack). Sadly i don't think BW would do it: From most owners perspective it should be a free addon, from BW perspective it would mean work without reward (new sales).

IF they were to sell a SINGLE set (with a SINGLE collection unlock) of multiple chest pieces (like 4+ variations at least) i would consider buying again.

But if BW were to sell alternative chest pieces and charge both sell price and unlock for each piece then i think people will complain too.

Ergo, is most likely they will continue to ignore the issue.

1 hour ago, Balameb said:

I agree. And many more too as that huge triangle is horrible.

It would be nice if the set offered alternative chests (smaller triangle and with/without backpack). Sadly i don't think BW would do it: From most owners perspective it should be a free addon, from BW perspective it would mean work without reward (new sales).

IF they were to sell a SINGLE set (with a SINGLE collection unlock) of multiple chest pieces (like 4+ variations at least) i would consider buying again.

But if BW were to sell alternative chest pieces and charge both sell price and unlock for each piece then i think people will complain too.

Ergo, is most likely they will continue to ignore the issue.

You are going way off the rails. There is no need for adding new alternatives to an already existing set. Just release the set he's wearing in the trailer. It's its own thing. Not an alternate chestpiece for the Havoc Squad Armor Set. This would be the Jace Malcolm's Armor Set.

Even if they did release just his chest piece, that item would be its own separate standalone piece like Rass Ordo's Helmet or Saberist Body Armor. And people complaining is a nonissue. Who cares is someone complains? That's like complaining that any new set or individual piece, like Rass Ordo Helmet, isn't part of a greater Mandalorian bundle. Don't like it, don't buy it.

1 hour ago, Dayshadow said:

You are going way off the rails. There is no need for adding new alternatives to an already existing set. Just release the set he's wearing in the trailer. It's its own thing. Not an alternate chestpiece for the Havoc Squad Armor Set. This would be the Jace Malcolm's Armor Set.

The point is that BW does not agree with that diferentiation. Havoc Squad armor Set was added for those that wanted Jace Malcom's armor. In their eyes, they already delivered.

21 hours ago, Balameb said:

The point is that BW does not agree with that diferentiation. Havoc Squad armor Set was added for those that wanted Jace Malcom's armor. In their eyes, they already delivered.

Impossible. It straight up isn't Jace Malcolm's armor. They can't see it as being something it objectively is not.

On 3/14/2023 at 6:26 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

[citation needed]  When did they say that it was added for that reason?

Not BW directly and I don't remember if it was posted here, reddit or a video about trooper armors that implied it was the intent and of course it came short of people expectations, particularly by the size of the triangle.

Edited by Balameb

I'd actually pay for a "Reforge Havoc Squad" Armor similar to the Mandalorian Armor they did, https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/swfanon/images/e/e8/TD-135_Commando_Armor.png/revision/latest?cb=20140410225648 I'd love a more accurate recreation of the armor to the one in the trailers. I know for a lot of people who main trooper it would be an insta buy, plus its been awhile since trooper had any dedicated Cartel Market stuff.

11 hours ago, Balameb said:

Not BW directly and I don't remember if it was posted here, reddit or a video about trooper armors that implied it was the intent and of course it came short of people expectations, particularly by the size of the triangle.

Yes, I remember the commentary (i.e. somewhat adverse) when the Havoc Squad set was released.  (I've been at least following the forums since at least 2014, maybe 2013...)  Either way, what you cite is hardly definitive as support for your assertion, because it amounts to "someone on the Internet said so", which has approximately no value at all.  The person might have been right, but unless you can cite something that BioWare staff said, there's no way of telling.