Is this OK or not?

Hrafnhildur

Hi. 

Can we have more than one account? I mean what if I want to make an f2p account and start all over again, but with the knowledge I have now, but also keep my subscriber account ( this one) ? If it is  OK, are there any rules against sending items ( crafted armors, weapons ,crystals) from the subscriber account to the f2p one? 

As far as I know, no there isn't. You could even have multiple paid subscriptions.

However, I'd be cautious about that because you might come across as a 'credit seller', or appear to be trying to game the system.  (Maybe you should ask your 'guildmate', Discord buddy.) [/sarcasm] 😇

In any case, if you're going to start a new account/character and transfer stuff from your current account, wouldn't it be simpler to just start a new character on your current account? 

44 minutes ago, JediQuaker said:

As far as I know, no there isn't. You could even have multiple paid subscriptions.

However, I'd be cautious about that because you might come across as a 'credit seller', or appear to be trying to game the system.  (Maybe you should ask your 'guildmate', Discord buddy.) [/sarcasm] 😇

In any case, if you're going to start a new account/character and transfer stuff from your current account, wouldn't it be simpler to just start a new character on your current account? 

I would like to politely ask you to stop with the taunts and keep your sarcasm to yourself. Thank you for understanding. 

• Like 1

There are no issues with having multiple accounts. I have three since my sons will occasionally want to play. You can mail items back and forth, but there does seem to be some cap on how many you can mail from the preferred account to the subscribed account. If I try and send more than two mail, I get an error that the mail operation failed.

On 3/4/2023 at 3:38 PM, Hrafnhildur said:

Hi. 

Can we have more than one account? I mean what if I want to make an f2p account and start all over again, but with the knowledge I have now, but also keep my subscriber account ( this one) ? If it is  OK, are there any rules against sending items ( crafted armors, weapons ,crystals) from the subscriber account to the f2p one? 

Yes it fine, I have a lots of accounts. No issues at all. 

No issue with sending items to other accounts (except the normal, bound, or bound to legacy rules) I did this myself to begin with, then got my own guild to have a easier way of transferring stuff. As I don't sell much cartel stuff on GTN and never trade, it fits into my own play style.

I sub for them all during the year(s) (don't have to) normally one account at a time and rotate them. Again this is just how I do it, no reason why you cannot have just a f2p account which is never subbed on. However subbing for the odd month or two allows you to buy most the the unlocks. Which is far better than buying them from cartel market. The unlocks you cannot buy in-game however are still substantial, such as artefact equip items, headshot option, almost all of the strongholds and doors. However a new account does have it up-sides too. Also there are 5 servers, so yes I have characters on all 5. Again this is almost the same as a new account if you are not all ready using them.

Edited by SavantDreadtech

On 3/4/2023 at 12:36 PM, Hrafnhildur said:

I would like to politely ask you to stop with the taunts and keep your sarcasm to yourself. Thank you for understanding. 

You may have misunderstood my intentions. My point about appearing as a credit seller was a legitimate concern. However, given the above response from Savant, I guess it doesn't appear to be a problem. 

I Have Two Accounts, On Two Different Servers. One Is Active Subscription, One Is FTP, Which Is Used To Add Characters To My Guilds That I Have                                                                 I Have Had These Accounts For Years.  So Yea Its Okay!                                                          

On 3/6/2023 at 1:08 PM, WYMAS said:

I Have Two Accounts, On Two Different Servers. One Is Active Subscription, One Is FTP, Which Is Used To Add Characters To My Guilds That I Have                                                                 I Have Had These Accounts For Years.  So Yea Its Okay!                                                          

Can you log on 2 games on one pc for this?

On 3/6/2023 at 11:41 AM, JediQuaker said:

You may have misunderstood my intentions. My point about appearing as a credit seller was a legitimate concern. However, given the above response from Savant, I guess it doesn't appear to be a problem. 

I've got 2 subscriber accounts and at least 3 more f2p accounts.  For awhile I was running 3 subscriptions.

It's old habit left over from my SWG days where I was paying for 8 accounts (due to character per account restrictions).

12 minutes ago, akdonkey said:

I don't know how to run two game clients on the same computer.  it isn't against the rules if you can figure it out.

HOWEVER...

what is against the rules is using any kind of 3rd party software that controls both account with a single keystroke.

You are allowed 1 action per keystroke (as I understand it).

You are not allowed 2 actions (even 1 inside of each client) with only a single keystroke.

Yes you can have multiple accounts both Free 2 Play and Subscription.

I have a Subscription that is my main account and a F2P account that I use to invite my main Subscription account characters to my guilds. Never had any issues with either account.

5 hours ago, Darev said:

I don't know how to run two game clients on the same computer.  it isn't against the rules if you can figure it out.

You can not run 2 instances of SWToR on a single system. The game will not allow you to do it. The only way is to run 2 PC's with one account on each. As far as I know that is the only way.

13 hours ago, akdonkey said:

No. you would need a different computer for each account. That is if logging in at same time for things like inviting characters to your own guild from a different account.

You can however login to both accounts from one PC at different times.

I Used Two Computers, One For My Main And One For FTP.

I Can Log In, On One Computer, To Ether Account. For Some Strange Reason, I Have Them On Different Hard Drives? I Don't Know Why It's Just What I Did!