Remove Esseles / Black Talon from Vet Queue

ahh but these were part of the first three Master Flashpoints we had back in the day, it was ran a million times for the fancy Purple lv50 armor plating, Mods and Enhancements when they were interchangable

These flashpoints wouldn't be so bad if they didn't pop up one or more times every time you run the weekly. They're super time-consuming with all the chatter - I mean, if you're new to the game or something, they're awesome but after the 2000th time you've run through these (or more) you're sick of it. I'd just like to be able to filter it out w/o being penalized from the weekly conquest. Leave the rest of them in there but allow us to filter out these two starter flashpoints.

The really simple solution would be to let us use the filter and still get the weeklies/social points the way it used to be.

Better yet, let us walk into a fp and still get the weeklies and whatnot ticking.  It harms no one to let a solo, or group of 2 to 3, do things without cramming that group-finder, no filtering allowed, down their throats.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2023 at 8:54 AM, JamesMijkael said:

Remove Esseles and Black Talon from the Vet queue or scale up enemies so it isn't so mind numbingly boring and a pain for any dot class to play through. 

How about you go into your flashpoint log and remove them from your list?

On 3/21/2023 at 3:11 PM, zhanaili said:

These flashpoints wouldn't be so bad if they didn't pop up one or more times every time you run the weekly. They're super time-consuming with all the chatter - I mean, if you're new to the game or something, they're awesome but after the 2000th time you've run through these (or more) you're sick of it. I'd just like to be able to filter it out w/o being penalized from the weekly conquest. Leave the rest of them in there but allow us to filter out these two starter flashpoints.

They never pop for me because I know how to use the finder panel I do see Hammer station a lot thought

23 hours ago, HypSpec said:

The downside of unchecking these is that you cannot qualify for the weekly. Unless you're grinding end game gear, missing out on the extra piece is not a big deal though.

Not just the Weekly, but also CQ objectives and sometimes Seasons objectives only count if running 'random' with all selected.

And yes, they should allow players to toggle on / off FPs and still get credit - doubly so as I have two characters that are bugged and cannot toggle all (Chiss is deselected and not selectable), and support claims that it is due to a bug and refuses to do anything to fix the character and closes tickets with 'submit bug report' message.

They should also remove BT / Esseles from the queue for > level 20 players OR remove all dialogue when they are entered through group finder (they added a solo story mode for these + other story-heavy FPs specifically so players can go spend the day watching the story and exploring the zone at their own pace).

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, DawnAskham said:

Not just the Weekly, but also CQ objectives and sometimes Seasons objectives only count if running 'random' with all selected.

And yes, they should allow players to toggle on / off FPs and still get credit - doubly so as I have two characters that are bugged and cannot toggle all (Chiss is deselected and not selectable), and support claims that it is due to a bug and refuses to do anything to fix the character and closes tickets with 'submit bug report' message.

They should also remove BT / Esseles from the queue for > level 20 players OR remove all dialogue when they are entered through group finder (they added a solo story mode for these + other story-heavy FPs specifically so players can go spend the day watching the story and exploring the zone at their own pace).

I disagree to them having GF to allow credit if you uncheck something.

1) The rewards for GF are really minor, can easily make up for that by doing almost anything.

2) allowing to uncheck FP's would just bring back Spammer Station, like we had in 6.0. BW doesn't want us all to spam 1 FP, but to play a variety of them.

As for removing BT/Esseles, I also Disagree with that. People have acquired they must speed run everything mentality, and have no patience for any other playstyle. If either of these pop, politely ask for people to spacebar (that fine) is someone doesn't, you have the option to leave.  Even waiting out the debuff timer for leaving, you'll be happier then having to sit there listening to the entire conversations. You'll also be in a FP with a different group before they get out of that BT/Esseles anyway.

Besides if a group does Spacebar both of these can go relatively fast. Never as quick as Spammer Station, 

Remember just because many of us (myself included) speed run things, not everyone does. From time to time I actually like taking a more relaxing pace through them compared to speed running

Edited by Toraak
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Toraak said:

1) The rewards for GF are really minor, can easily make up for that by doing almost anything.

2) allowing to uncheck FP's would just bring back Spammer Station, like we had in 6.0. BW doesn't want us all to spam 1 FP, but to play a variety of them.

As for removing BT/Esseles, I also Disagree with that. People have acquired they must speed run everything mentality, and have no patience for any other playstyle. If either of these pop, politely ask for people to spacebar (that fine) is someone doesn't, you have the option to leave.  Even waiting out the debuff timer for leaving, you'll be happier then having to sit there listening to the entire conversations. You'll also be in a FP with a different group before they get out of that BT/Esseles anyway.

Besides if a group does Spacebar both of these can go relatively fast. Never as quick as Spammer Station, 

Remember just because many of us (myself included) speed run things, not everyone does. From time to time I actually like taking a more relaxing pace through them compared to speed running

GF rewards are not what most are talking about when asking for 'random' not to be a requirement - most would just like to complete the weekly mission, complete CQ objectives, and complete Seasons objectives without being subjected to an intro FP with 10+ minutes of cut scenes and zero challenge even if solo / naked and without companion.

As is, FPs are unrewarding and give far fewer points than easier content such as PVP / GSF (where one can simply run around like an idiot and get credit). Asking them to allow players to get credit for their time, regardless of their preferences, doesn't seem like much of an ask.

I'd even go so far as to agree that all FPs without a solo mode must be selected for credit which would simply allow those of us who don't want to watch the story for the billionth time to deselect them while not preventing those players who want to complete non- solo FPs from finding groups (and those unable to find a group in GF for an FP with solo mode can do what they should be doing anyway - use solo mode).

Also, HS spam has nothing to do with the discussion.

HS was spammed in 6.0 because it was the 'easy / fast' way to obtain gear. The reason it isn't spammed as much today (though it is still spammed) has nothing to do with the group finder random requirements, and everything to do with Bioware adding a few more 'easy / fast' gearing options such as capping alts in conquest for currency or farming NiM Nefra.

Lastly, I already auto drop BT / Esseles and several other FPs - I have way more alts that I can play to bother ever running these long story FPs again - so the random requirement doesn't prevent me from only running the ones I want to run, it just annoys me and forces me to swap atls.

And annoying players beyond a certain point is not good game design for retention.

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Toraak said:

Agreeing what DawnAskham already said + adding a few comments.

People are still spamming HS and the people who do it don't obviously care about the rewards, however they are ruining the group finder from people who want to play random flashpoints, not HS all day long. My solution to prevent getting grouped up with those idiots is to play less. I may be the only one, but if I'm not and there are others who play less because they are being forced into content they don't enjoy, it's very counterproductive for the game.

If we'd be allowed to select the fps we want to do, I'd be instantly unticking HS and Esseles/BT and would be happily running everything else. The jerks who think HS spam is a good idea would get to play with people who either don't care or also want to just spam HS. It's would be a win-win. With the option to select/deselect flashpoints they could also add Kuat and Colicoids into GF, maybe even the last missions from the Shroud storyline. 

Either we need to have an option to untick some of the flashpoints and have it count for weekly, or we need to put the picky people into their own queue and let the rest of us go for random. I don't see why would I have to play content some random dude in the internet chooses, because I'm paying for this game too.

• Like 3

On 3/16/2023 at 4:00 AM, Deamon_Samurai said:

What ever happened to Kuat Drive Yards?

Eh, it's fine. They don't share the same problems, those being overly long, boring, long cut scenes, basically the tutorial level, virtually no point running a dot class because things die to fast. 

On 4/27/2023 at 3:21 PM, DawnAskham said:

GF rewards are not what most are talking about when asking for 'random' not to be a requirement - most would just like to complete the weekly mission, complete CQ objectives, and complete Seasons objectives without being subjected to an intro FP with 10+ minutes of cut scenes and zero challenge even if solo / naked and without companion.

As is, FPs are unrewarding and give far fewer points than easier content such as PVP / GSF (where one can simply run around like an idiot and get credit). Asking them to allow players to get credit for their time, regardless of their preferences, doesn't seem like much of an ask.

I'd even go so far as to agree that all FPs without a solo mode must be selected for credit which would simply allow those of us who don't want to watch the story for the billionth time to deselect them while not preventing those players who want to complete non- solo FPs from finding groups (and those unable to find a group in GF for an FP with solo mode can do what they should be doing anyway - use solo mode).

Also, HS spam has nothing to do with the discussion.

HS was spammed in 6.0 because it was the 'easy / fast' way to obtain gear. The reason it isn't spammed as much today (though it is still spammed) has nothing to do with the group finder random requirements, and everything to do with Bioware adding a few more 'easy / fast' gearing options such as capping alts in conquest for currency or farming NiM Nefra.

Lastly, I already auto drop BT / Esseles and several other FPs - I have way more alts that I can play to bother ever running these long story FPs again - so the random requirement doesn't prevent me from only running the ones I want to run, it just annoys me and forces me to swap atls.

And annoying players beyond a certain point is not good game design for retention.

that is irrelevant honestly. The point of leaving and waiting the 5-15 min debuff and getting into another group (for vet at least) would be faster then running them with someone that isn't spacebarring. Regardless it still shows a lack of patience from some players. Relax, not everyone speed runs content. I generally do, but nothing wrong if you don't.

I get wanting the weekly done, and not getting credit if you uncheck, however patience towards others is a good thing. Granted spacebarring if the majority of the group politely asks is also a good thing to do as well.

Either way it doesn't make it so BW should remove those 2 FP's from the Group Finder.

Edited by Toraak

29 minutes ago, Toraak said:

that is irrelevant honestly. The point of leaving and waiting the 5-15 min debuff and getting into another group (for vet at least) would be faster then running them with someone that isn't spacebarring. Regardless it still shows a lack of patience from some players. Relax, not everyone speed runs content. I generally do, but nothing wrong if you don't.

I get wanting the weekly done, and not getting credit if you uncheck, however patience towards others is a good thing. Granted spacebarring if the majority of the group politely asks is also a good thing to do as well.

Either way it doesn't make it so BW should remove those 2 FP's from the Group Finder.

Yeah, I agree. It might be a minor annoyance for me because I've been running Esseles for 12 years now (Jesus), but it's really not that big a deal, and I also think there's a lot of value in newer players actually getting to experience it. It was a lot of fun the first time I did it!

Just remove it or redesign the FP. I mean you need to go back to the base core game update those encounters. I like those two FP but it really need to be redone to correlate with today gaming.

51 minutes ago, Kazjan said:

Just remove it or redesign the FP. I mean you need to go back to the base core game update those encounters. I like those two FP but it really need to be redone to correlate with today gaming.

Maybe you should explain what you think is wrong with them in the context of this "today's gaming"...  (No, it's not good to accommodate *everywhere* the whims of the terminally impatient, if that's what you mean.)

3 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Maybe you should explain what you think is wrong with them in the context of this "today's gaming"...  (No, it's not good to accommodate *everywhere* the whims of the terminally impatient, if that's what you mean.)

Esseles need to be redesigned. Like take out some of the cutscenes like Iron-fist  that a completely wasted scene.  Like the redesigned the intro scene. The whole game need a Graphical Update 2011 graphic need to move to 2023. 

On 5/3/2023 at 5:23 PM, Kazjan said:

Esseles need to be redesigned. Like take out some of the cutscenes like Iron-fist  that a completely wasted scene.  Like the redesigned the intro scene. The whole game need a Graphical Update 2011 graphic need to move to 2023. 

Graphics don't make the game. I've seen so many graphically amazing games that are trash because the gameplay is horrible. Swtor doesn't have that issue thankfully. The graphics are fine other then the fact everything is way to dark.

Edited by Toraak

11 hours ago, Toraak said:

Graphics don't make the game. I've seen so many graphically amazing games that are trash because the gameplay is horrible. Swtor doesn't have that issue thankfully. The graphics are fine other then the fact everything is way to dark.

Yeah, the game looks quite nice visually and holds up. Some textures are looking a little rough, but I genuinely don't get people who think the game needs a complete graphical overhaul. I always feel the same sort of confusion with WoW. We've got a nice, stylized approach that makes the game hold up quite well.

On 5/8/2023 at 8:12 AM, jedimasterjac said:

Yeah, the game looks quite nice visually and holds up. Some textures are looking a little rough, but I genuinely don't get people who think the game needs a complete graphical overhaul. I always feel the same sort of confusion with WoW. We've got a nice, stylized approach that makes the game hold up quite well.

Holds up to what? You can't compare WOW to SWTOR  Stop that! WOW was release in 2004 and SWTOR was released in 2011. Totally different era of gaming and graphic's.  I understand that some people gave up on expecting more from the Development team. However, I just hold them accountable.  They have yet delivered on their long lost promise of bringing back speech bubbles to the game. (For those who didn't play beta and Launch of the game, YES we had Speech bubbles in the game) 

If they actually spend the money on moving away from that terrible HERO Engine (Which we complain about during Pre Alpha testing) to actually gaming Engine like Unreal 4 or 5 we could have a actual better game. 

(Sorry I got off topic there)

On 5/8/2023 at 8:12 AM, jedimasterjac said:

We've got a nice, stylized approach that makes the game hold up quite well.

No we don't we armor sets that clip though or even disappear in cut scene or after combat that make you re-equip them just for them to reappear again. (aka blaster holsters) We have a world that shake for no reason  been like that since launch.  3 playable Races added in 12 years.  Yeah get real