Marksmanship sniper PVP feedback

elgplays

18 minutes ago, elgplays said:

I would tell you what, but the profanity filter is blocking me from submitting the explanation.

I’m not saying it didn’t happen to you. Just that I’ve never seen it or heard of this before. I offered the simplest explanations of what may have occurred.

If that didn’t happen, then I hope you were able to record it & send the info to BioWare to look into.

If it’s a bug or exploit, that is the best option to get BioWare to look into it. Otherwise you could try sending them a detailed written explanation of what you observed.

My only advise is if you see it happening again & again. Try & record it. 

On 3/6/2023 at 10:06 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

I’m not saying it didn’t happen to you. Just that I’ve never seen it or heard of this before. I offered the simplest explanations of what may have occurred.

If that didn’t happen, then I hope you were able to record it & send the info to BioWare to look into.

If it’s a bug or exploit, that is the best option to get BioWare to look into it. Otherwise you could try sending them a detailed written explanation of what you observed.

My only advise is if you see it happening again & again. Try & record it. 

So the way I see it, it is one of 2 things.

1. This person has discovered a new bug that despite all the SR, all the PvP matches, despite everyone playing all these years, no one has ever seen.

or

2. this person who barely knows how resolve works, spent all this time complaining and begging for a "I win" button probably screwed up. In the fast paced PvP, on a class that requires patience and a cool head, he thought he saw a sentinel on him, panicked and ported away, while the sentinel was at the area he ported to, probably trying to heal up (which was very normal in the SR days) and he got ganked by the sentinel.

hmmm, can we take a guess which one is probably correct?

Edited by sithBracer
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

Playing my gunslinger in Huttball just now and was leaving base and walking up initial mid ramp. I was put to sleep from agent in stealth. Another player runs down the ramp past me with the ball and scores and then as he is running back up the ramp stuns me again.  By the time I can move the same player is back with the ball again (almost immediately), scores a second time and then the two of them knock 7 shades of you know what out of me and kill me without a chance to reply in any fashion (couldn't get a stim heal off or anything.

I just had to laugh.  Marksmanship slingers are being dumped on in PVP and no amount of could have or should have will change that. They even took the knockback at the end of penetrating blast away....I'd like to meet the person who pushed that through and have a word.

3 hours ago, hillerbees said:

Playing my gunslinger in Huttball just now and was leaving base and walking up initial mid ramp. I was put to sleep from agent in stealth. Another player runs down the ramp past me with the ball and scores and then as he is running back up the ramp stuns me again.  By the time I can move the same player is back with the ball again (almost immediately), scores a second time and then the two of them knock 7 shades of you know what out of me and kill me without a chance to reply in any fashion (couldn't get a stim heal off or anything.

I just had to laugh.  Marksmanship slingers are being dumped on in PVP and no amount of could have or should have will change that. They even took the knockback at the end of penetrating blast away....I'd like to meet the person who pushed that through and have a word.

So what you’re saying is you found more than one person on the other team even trying to win the match? That is impressive for hb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing i dislike is the removal of healing. Unless there is a good healer dots and staying alive for good stretches of time is hard, if the enemy team is good. Dots do a number on me, especially. I guess devs wanted to stress uniqueness to classes without taking into account what that really means, gameplay wise. Also its not like the heal was massive.

Edited by Kaedusz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaedusz said:

The only thing i dislike is the removal of healing. Unless there is a good healer dots and staying alive for good stretches of time is hard, if the enemy team is good. Dots do a number on me, especially. I guess devs wanted to stress uniqueness to classes without taking into account what that really means, gameplay wise. Also its not like the heal was massive.

They gave u heals as a choice in your skill rows a few patches back. Are u saying that's not good enough?

On 9/19/2023 at 1:11 PM, Samcuu said:

They gave u heals as a choice in your skill rows a few patches back. Are u saying that's not good enough?

Heal in Cover is very Miniscule, Unless you can freecast, Vital Regulators cannot keep up with DMG being dealt to snipers. Even more so if you have a ton of DOT DMG on you, and with Madness Sorc being Flavor of the Year right now, you kind of get that a lot as sniper.