Marksmanship sniper PVP feedback

elgplays

Good afternoon,

I have returned to the game after same time and I have always liked playing marksmanship and gunslinger. However playing marksmanship sniper or gunslinger in PVE/PVP is pitiful.

- The UI of SWTOR both in PVE in PVP is incredibly unclear, chaotic and confusing. I have modified the game heavily using the interface editor and to no avail. The simple fact that you can not select which debuffs or buffs you want to see and you are stuck with every buff and debuff both in PVP and PVE cluttering your UI is unbearable.

- The fact that MMORPG game in the 21st century does not allow the community to develop mods and the only permitted PVE mod is Starparse is an insult to the community of the paying subscribers.

- Why the fact can you not increase the combat text font? I have a 4k monitor and I mantain a healthy distance from the monitor and it is super tiny. I mean how much effort does it take to increase font size without global scaling everything in the UI? Not a rocket science I wager.

- As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, no healing?  I don't think I have to comment further. The rollback heal was something, why has that gone?

- As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger. When I focus interrupt (e.g. Distraction) a healer he follows up with another cast. In PVE you interrupt a boss and he does cast it again, in PVP you interrupt (clearly not a silence) and the healer is just running around and healing some more it puts absolutely zero pressure on the healer. In that case remove it because it only clutters up my keybinds.

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger a shield probe that absorbs 30k on a 400k healthpool is an absurd joke. If it was 30% absorb shield, then maybe...

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, the takedown damage, to me takedown is execute and it says it is usable under 30% health, when the target has 400k healthpool then 30% is 120k..so for takedown to do 20k damage on a 30% (120,000) as an EXECUTE ability is ridiciulous. I mean if I did cca. 100k then it would make sense, but as it is it is laughable....Not to mention, when I "shoot" the takedown before it hits the target and "kills" it the target is healed above the 30% margin or more = pointless spell. Perhaps you could make it so that when the sniper shoots the takendown spell at the target the target receives a -100% healing debuff for X seconds or something similar to make the takedown at least feel like an EXECUTE ability even if its damage is isht.

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, I have noticed that that corrosive dart increases damage taken, but, by how much? A poison spell for virulence sniper maybe, for a marksman, useless. Make its utility better and more useful.

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, fragmentation grenade? As a damage? No. As a utillity, maybe, knocback, daze, root, accuracy reducation or some other form of defense or CC maybe.

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger a diversion that is AOE throwable, before I am able to cast I am already 30-40% down on health? And to be honest if I have to thorw it before I am even attacked then any half decent player will not step in the AOE effect. It would either make sense to either convert it into a "dart" that you shoot an enemy and it generates an area of effect emmanating from the enemy player OR as a buff to the sniper that has the same effect to all the enemy players.

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, the holocate is an absolute ... What's the point of holocate when within 5 seconds of it I have an enemy player closing the gap with a 0.0 second cooldown sprint of some shape of form that any class has? Make it so that after holocate I either have a sprint or can immediately get out of combat a heal up using recuperate.

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, the cover pulse knockback, if I can only use it when crouched and unable to move then explain to me is it a matter of skill to use it correctly, because at the current state of PVP in February 2023, everyone in PVP whether it is arenas or warzones goes for the sniper and if I have to run and kite = I don't get the benefits of damage reduction ballistic dampeners and I have am sitting on my ass and getting assraped by PVP players then I can't skillfully use the knockback to get some breathing space. Another useless space, it is only helpful when you are trying to perhaps help a healer or when playing against stupid players but otherwise, useless.

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, all I see in arenas when facing 3-4 melees that everyone attacks me first, regardless of if I have a guard on me or not, they just burn me down. Why doesn't the sniper get some sort of buff per enemies within a certain range or why don't the enemies get debuff when within the range of the sniper with both the buff or debuff increasing in intensity with the number of players within a certain range.

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, the rollback and the knowback are a joke. It makes sense when I am on a bridge and I knock the enemy down but with every class having some sort of gap gloser on virtual 0.0 second cooldown, when on a flat land the rollback is absolutely ridiculous as is the knockback.

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, a 5 second leg shot that breaks after 2 seconds with damage? Joke ability, make it useful.

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, the penetrating blasts, I mean it is great that it has a knocback and a root effect. When I use the penetrating blasts when the enemy is at a distance it does not knock him back and when the enemy is within the knockback effect distance he/she can keep attacking me while I am channeling. So it is useless and useful and because the UI is so unclear I have absolutely no idea when the PVP enemy is immune to the knoback and/or root effect.

- The concept of the PVP trinket (i.e. Escape) - why when I "trinket" i.e. use the Escape ability, my resolve bar does not fully fill up? I mean, I trinket a CC and I get another chain of CCs right after that? Just today (28.2.2023 - I trinketed a CC from operative, got full resolve bar and got immediate another full CC from operative...LOL....really functioning CC break spell...)

- Can you please explain to me how do I get out of combat in PVP? Is it time out of combat? or do I have to run half way across Africa to get out of combat maybe? Do I have to open a customer ticket ?

I don't consider myself a particularly super PVP player and I want to relax when playing PVP, but I also want to use my abilities in a smart way and the current PVP design of marksmanship sniper/gunslinger does not allow it. If this game is purely PVE/story then remove PVP from the game completely and transfer the corresponding rewards PVP rewards (tech fragments) into heroic quests or other form. Should we maybe all be happy that it moves and is in color?

I have about 22 characters on the EU servers and all are either gunslinger or marksmanship sniper, because I enjoy the gameplay and I want to experience different stories. But as of February 2023 both in PVE and PVP, it is not enjoyable and I am being EXTREMELY polite saying it this way.

I would appreciate some feedback from the developers, what is planned to change moving forward for marksmanship sniper and gunslinger in the coming patches.

Your paying subscriber.

Edited by elgplays
added

Ok, I'm going to try and decompile whatever this was. 

8 hours ago, elgplays said:

- As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger. When I focus interrupt (e.g. Distraction) a healer he follows up with another cast. In PVE you interrupt a boss and he does cast it again, in PVP you interrupt (clearly not a silence) and the healer is just running around and healing some more it puts absolutely zero pressure on the healer. In that case remove it because it only clutters up my keybinds.

That is why you invest in the Passive that adds trauma which reduces healing done to the target. It also means you need more than one person to down a healer. 

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger a shield probe that absorbs 30k on a 400k healthpool is an absurd joke. If it was 30% absorb shield, then maybe...

What you are basically asking for is the Commando/Merc & VG/PT Energy Shield, A long range spec doesn't need this. They could add heal on DMG when the probe dissipates like Operatives, but there is no reason Snipers need what is basically the old Trooper/BH Energy shield ability. 

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, the takedown damage, to me takedown is execute and it says it is usable under 30% health, when the target has 400k healthpool then 30% is 120k..so for takedown to do 20k damage on a 30% (120,000) as an EXECUTE ability is ridiciulous. I mean if I did cca. 100k then it would make sense, but as it is it is laughable....Not to mention, when I "shoot" the takedown before it hits the target and "kills" it the target is healed above the 30% margin or more = pointless spell. Perhaps you could make it so that when the sniper shoots the takendown spell at the target the target receives a -100% healing debuff for X seconds or something similar to make the takedown at least feel like an EXECUTE ability even if its damage is isht.

What you are asking for is an insta-kill ability. That would break PVP even more than it already is. Takedown should be buffed yes, but something more reasonable like 50K. No class in the game needs an insta kill ability. Takedown in PVP is not meant to be the insta-kill button, its meant to be part of the rotation. 

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, I have noticed that that corrosive dart increases damage taken, but, by how much? A poison spell for virulence sniper maybe, for a marksman, useless. Make its utility better and more useful.

It's mean to be a Debuff, it makes the target take 5% more DMG from ranged attacks. It's not meant to do a Boat load of DMG, it something you keep on the target to keep a debuff on them. 

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, fragmentation grenade? As a damage? No. As a utillity, maybe, knocback, daze, root, accuracy reducation or some other form of defense or CC maybe.

Frag Gernade is meant as an ability to use while leveling, it gives the player another DMG ability to use while levelling their character. 

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger a diversion that is AOE throwable, before I am able to cast I am already 30-40% down on health? And to be honest if I have to thorw it before I am even attacked then any half decent player will not step in the AOE effect. It would either make sense to either convert it into a "dart" that you shoot an enemy and it generates an area of effect emmanating from the enemy player OR as a buff to the sniper that has the same effect to all the enemy players.

Diversion is meant to be thrown in clusters of Enemies, and to pop snipers out of cover. Diversion is not meant to save you from a player trying to down you. Diversion is meant to be popped when you have a group of enemies clustering together. 

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, the cover pulse knockback, if I can only use it when crouched and unable to move then explain to me is it a matter of skill to use it correctly, because at the current state of PVP in February 2023, everyone in PVP whether it is arenas or warzones goes for the sniper and if I have to run and kite = I don't get the benefits of damage reduction ballistic dampeners and I have am sitting on my ass and getting assraped by PVP players then I can't skillfully use the knockback to get some breathing space. Another useless space, it is only helpful when you are trying to perhaps help a healer or when playing against stupid players but otherwise, useless.

Their is a passive that increased the knockback radius, really helps. Ballistic Dampeners is nice, but the Additional knockback really makes a difference. You also should probably try to stay crouched or in cover rather than moving around. Enemies cannot leap to you or pull you while in cover, If they get close use Cover pulse, Leg shot, Penetrating rounds that sends them flying back, or Roll. 

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, all I see in arenas when facing 3-4 melees that everyone attacks me first, regardless of if I have a guard on me or not, they just burn me down. Why doesn't the sniper get some sort of buff per enemies within a certain range or why don't the enemies get debuff when within the range of the sniper with both the buff or debuff increasing in intensity with the number of players within a certain range.

Snipers and slingers are weak in Arenas in the current state. I don't recommend playing them right now until they at least have some form of health regen back. Snipers/Slingers can be played in Arena but it usually is Engi or Virulence that should be played. It also just comes down to positioning and not being in the front of everyone. Snipers cannot face tank enemies like in 6.0 TTK is much shorter in 7.0 thus you will go down really fast. 

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, a 5 second leg shot that breaks after 2 seconds with damage? Joke ability, make it useful.

It's meant to slow the enemy down and give you time to use one your other abilities. It's not meant as a CC, it is a root. It's useful for escaping situations, or snaring a target for a big burst window. 

-As a marksmanship sniper/gunslinger, the penetrating blasts, I mean it is great that it has a knocback and a root effect. When I use the penetrating blasts when the enemy is at a distance it does not knock him back and when the enemy is within the knockback effect distance he/she can keep attacking me while I am channeling. So it is useless and useful and because the UI is so unclear I have absolutely no idea when the PVP enemy is immune to the knoback and/or root effect.

It knocks the enemy back if they are within a close distance to you, should say on the passive mod. It's moreso meant to give you some space, and get out of dodge or interupt another player by sending flying back. If the target has full whitebar they will be immune to the knockback. 

The concept of the PVP trinket (i.e. Escape) - why when I "trinket" i.e. use the Escape ability, my resolve bar does not fully fill up? I mean, I trinket a CC and I get another chain of CCs right after that? Just today (28.2.2023 - I trinketed a CC from operative, got full resolve bar and got immediate another full CC from operative...LOL....really functioning CC break spell...)

That is not how the Resolve system works, Whitebar only fills up If you are getting CC'd. You only get the CC immunity while your bar is full, your breaker is meant to be popped for if you are about to die or if you must finish a player off. Your breaker is meant to get out of a situation before your white bar fills up. Even than you should be popping Hunker down as often as possible, It provides complete CC Immunity and has a short cooldown.

- Can you please explain to me how do I get out of combat in PVP? Is it time out of combat? or do I have to run half way across Africa to get out of combat maybe? Do I have to open a customer ticket ?

You get away from the enemy, it is as simple as that, get enough distance from them like go stand in a corner away from the fight, and you can heal up. Same rule applies for PVE. 

I don't consider myself a particularly super PVP player and I want to relax when playing PVP, but I also want to use my abilities in a smart way and the current PVP design of marksmanship sniper/gunslinger does not allow it. If this game is purely PVE/story then remove PVP from the game completely and transfer the corresponding rewards PVP rewards (tech fragments) into heroic quests or other form. Should we maybe all be happy that it moves and is in color?

Sounds to me like a simple "git gud", PVP is meant to be competitive. You are going to die a lot when starting out, Sniper/Slinger is not meant to face tank the enemy. You stay in the back away from everyone else and stay with your teammates. That is how you survive as sniper/slinger and get the most fun out of it. As for removing PVP, you want a mode removed simply because your spec isn't "God Tier"? 

I have about 22 characters on the EU servers and all are either gunslinger or marksmanship sniper, because I enjoy the gameplay and I want to experience different stories. But as of February 2023 both in PVE and PVP, it is not enjoyable and I am being EXTREMELY polite saying it this way.

I don't know how you are playing sniper/Slinger in PVE, but it still is one of the better specs for PVE content, Virulence and Engi are still doing great Parsing wise. 

• Like 1

Hi SentinalMasterWW,

thank you for your feedback.

The fact that you are using "meant to, should not, should" in all most of your replies gives me the impression that you have never played PVP at all or at the very least never played PVP as a sniper before. If you think that the playstyle of a sniper is to sit in entrench/crouch and hope to live is not true. The PVP playstyle of sniper it to constantly reposition to be able to BARELY survive BECAUSE the primary defensive of any ranged class should be that it is difficult to get to them, but because that is not true at least with sniper/gunslinger I have to compensate for it to constantly be on the move.

That is why you invest in the Passive that adds trauma which reduces healing done to the target. It also means you need more than one person to down a healer. 

And sacrifice a mobility/defensive passive? With the poor sniper design as it is now, not viable.

...but there is no reason Snipers need what is basically the old Trooper/BH Energy shield ability. 

A sniper class with no healing, does not need a shield? Aha, OK. Clearly, you have never played PVP as a sniper. If as an ilevel 336 I can't put out enough pressure with pure damage and kiting to make the opponent go on defensive then at some point any class will need some sort of healing and/or shield.

What you are asking for is an insta-kill ability. That would break PVP even more than it already is. Takedown should be buffed yes, but something more reasonable like 50K. No class in the game needs an insta kill ability. Takedown in PVP is not meant to be the insta-kill button, its meant to be part of the rotation. 

Why would that break PVP? In fact I would say that giving sniper the opportunity to perform insta-execute on enemies under 30% would give him the necessary edge i.e. "sure attack me but either you burn me down quick or I kill you under 30%". In PVP when you have a melee class on you at 28% (cca. 100k health) and you are crouched hitting it for 20-30k per GCD "EXECUTE" is isht. So which is more isht, as you say, break PVP by making execute actually execute or as is?

It's mean to be a Debuff, it makes the target take 5% more DMG from ranged attacks. It's not meant to do a Boat load of DMG, it something you keep on the target to keep a debuff on them. 

Super, thank you for the explanation. Useless in PVP. Make it utility = useful (defensive or CC)

Snipers/Slingers can be played in Arena but it usually is Engi or Virulence that should be played. It also just comes down to positioning and not being in the front of everyone. Snipers cannot face tank enemies like in 6.0 TTK is much shorter in 7.0 thus you will go down really fast. 

With all due respect, if I play a computer game and the developers design 30 specializations across the different characters and I PAY FOR THE GAME. Then no company will be telling me what I should or should not play, I expect all 30 specializations to be viable and if the developrs can't make that happen then either remove the specialization or convert PVP into something viable. And yes, I understand snipers can't face enemies head on, but then snipers' primary defensive  should be that it should be difficult to get to them and not what it is today.

You get away from the enemy, it is as simple as that, get enough distance from them like go stand in a corner away from the fight, and you can heal up. Same rule applies for PVE. 

This is not how it works. Please, go and play a warzone. What do you mean get away from the enemy? Go try it, sometimes the enemy is like 5cm on my monitor and I run behind a pillar and I somehow get out of combat, sometimes I have to run across the entire map and it takes 20-30 seconds before I get out of combat, it's the same in arenas. So what actually works?

Sounds to me like a simple "git gud", PVP is meant to be competitive. You are going to die a lot when starting out, Sniper/Slinger is not meant to face tank the enemy. You stay in the back away from everyone else and stay with your teammates. That is how you survive as sniper/slinger and get the most fun out of it. As for removing PVP, you want a mode removed simply because your spec isn't "God Tier"? 

No I don't want PVP removed because marksman/gunslinger isn't "God Tier". If PVP had SLA, Bioware would be so much in breach of it not providing even the minimum service level that you they would be paying off players in bricks of gold.

You stay in the back away from everyone else and stay with your teammates...oh my god, please go play a sniper in a warzone and arenas against intelligent oppoents and then tell me that you had fun playing PVP.

Edited by elgplays
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just did a warzone and it is just comical...I target a sorcerer with ambush and before I get a single ambush out I am down like 40-50% health...is there no concept of line of sight in this game? How can a sorcerer cast a channel spell while I LOS him?

Or another thing I have noticed, in general playthrough, why is that when I am casting a 2 second cast spell be that snipe or a channel like penetrating blast and the target drops below 30% why can't I just press takedown button and it will automatically cancel the current cast and cast the other spell? I have to press ESC and then takedown or spell interrupt. With the latency and 1,2 second enemy casts its terrible to do anything. Is the PVP only for those with masterfully fast reflexes?

5 hours ago, elgplays said:

The fact that you are using "meant to, should not, should" in all most of your replies gives me the impression that you have never played PVP at all or at the very least never played PVP as a sniper before. If you think that the playstyle of a sniper is to sit in entrench/crouch and hope to live is not true. The PVP playstyle of sniper it to constantly reposition to be able to BARELY survive BECAUSE the primary defensive of any ranged class should be that it is difficult to get to them, but because that is not true at least with sniper/gunslinger I have to compensate for it to constantly be on the move.

LOL, I reached Valor Rank 80 with sniper on my main sniper, I kind of know how to play this spec in PVP. Just today I had a blast downing players both in Reg's and Arenas with Engi's. As for sitting in entrench and surviving, yeah that strat does work. Too many players rely on CC's and when they can't CC you, it means their free game for you to unload. Again stay in cover and they can't leap or pull you. 

And sacrifice a mobility/defensive passive? With the poor sniper design as it is now, not viable.

Shatter snipe IMO, is far better than 4 sec's of Evasion. 20% Critical DMG boost on Sniper and Lethal shot alongside applying trauma to the target is far better. 

A sniper class with no healing, does not need a shield? Aha, OK. Clearly, you have never played PVP as a sniper. If as an ilevel 336 I can't put out enough pressure with pure damage and kiting to make the opponent go on defensive then at some point any class will need some sort of healing and/or shield.

Shield Probe is meant to offer some minor damage reduction, Operative's/Scoundrels have the same shield granted they have a passive that gives health regen when it breaks. As for putting out enough pressure, Again I don't know what to tell ya buddy, I make Sorcs panic and pop bubble, I make Commandos pop Echoing Deterrence. 

If you are playing Marksman, Laze Target buff and Ambush get some big hits on folks. 

Why would that break PVP? In fact I would say that giving sniper the opportunity to perform insta-execute on enemies under 30% would give him the necessary edge i.e. "sure attack me but either you burn me down quick or I kill you under 30%". In PVP when you have a melee class on you at 28% (cca. 100k health) and you are crouched hitting it for 20-30k per GCD "EXECUTE" is isht. So which is more isht, as you say, break PVP by making execute actually execute or as is?

The Reason WHY it would be broken is it does not give other players time to react, Takedown works well in PVE it does a large hit on mobs and usually is the execute ability, It's not the same in PVP. Takedown is also built into the rotation of Virulence, That after using Cull the player can pop takedown regardless of target health. So If a player is at 60%, I should be able to instantly kill them? 

Super, thank you for the explanation. Useless in PVP. Make it utility = useful (defensive or CC)

It's a free DOT on the target, and gives a debuff to the target. This game does not need more CC's the spam in this game is already bad enough. 

With all due respect, if I play a computer game and the developers design 30 specializations across the different characters and I PAY FOR THE GAME. Then no company will be telling me what I should or should not play, I expect all 30 specializations to be viable and if the developrs can't make that happen then either remove the specialization or convert PVP into something viable. And yes, I understand snipers can't face enemies head on, but then snipers' primary defensive  should be that it should be difficult to get to them and not what it is today.

There is always going to be classes that perform better than others, it's just the way it is. Yes Bioware needs to do a better job at making all content viable for all specs, If you are main is  Marksman/Sharpshooter than yeah the spec is in a sad spot, but that's just the way it is. PVP is already viable, People still play it and Bioware is obviously wanting people to play it more with seasons. 

This is not how it works. Please, go and play a warzone. What do you mean get away from the enemy? Go try it, sometimes the enemy is like 5cm on my monitor and I run behind a pillar and I somehow get out of combat, sometimes I have to run across the entire map and it takes 20-30 seconds before I get out of combat, it's the same in arenas. So what actually works?

You have to be away from fighting and out of combat, as in No one is attacking you and you are attacking no one. The system is not perfect, I've healed up while an enemy is like 10M away from me. I've gone numerous matches without dying by knowing when to back out, and get to safety like an objective that my team controls. 

No I don't want PVP removed because marksman/gunslinger isn't "God Tier". If PVP had SLA, Bioware would be so much in breach of it not providing even the minimum service level that you they would be paying off players in bricks of gold.

You stay in the back away from everyone else and stay with your teammates...oh my god, please go play a sniper in a warzone and arenas against intelligent oppoents and then tell me that you had fun playing PVP.

Don't know what to tell ya besides git gud, literally, to me it seems like you are coming at PVP from a PVE perspective and have your character built for PVE rather than PVP. PVP is meant to be different than PVE, PVE you can get away with just sitting one spot face tanking mobs, doesn't apply in PVP. With 7.0 snipers/slingers HAVE to stay with your team, with no recovery you cannot 1v1 rambo the enemy team. I have played sniper against smart people, and the way to win is......Play smart. Shocking, but Seriously I have won fights against all specs, against Ranked players, etc. Like just recently my favorite combo running as Engi is having the Debilitate CC, so if someone runs up to me, I CC them, throw on my Probes and CC Them again, After that Roll to get some space  and than I unleash the sauce via Explosive probe, Targeting systems, and series of shots. It usually downs them or causes them to run away to go heal up, and yeah to answer your last question that is fun. Even moreso when I run B-0 Differential Targeting on my Sharpshooter and score easy 105K Crits every 20 Sec's or so. 

The Reason WHY it would be broken is it does not give other players time to react, Takedown works well in PVE it does a large hit on mobs and usually is the execute ability, It's not the same in PVP. Takedown is also built into the rotation of Virulence, That after using Cull the player can pop takedown regardless of target health. So If a player is at 60%, I should be able to instantly kill them? 

Yes, no time to react, that's exactly my point. As it is at the moment, marksman is or at least should be high risk high reward, high risk in the sense of no or very little defense/survivability and high reward in the sense of execute below 30%. Seems fair to me. The fact that other specializations share the same spells is a problem of poor design. If you make 3 sniper specs, make them unique. What's the point of creating three names for three specs and them have them share spells...come on.

Shatter snipe IMO, is far better than 4 sec's of Evasion. 20% Critical DMG boost on Sniper and Lethal shot alongside applying trauma to the target is far better. 

I will try different spells and see whether sacrificing defensives will make a difference. I doubt it, but I am open to try.

Edited by elgplays

Absolute horseisht with the different talents. Time to cancel subscription and wait IF anything changes in the coming years. I think the mere fact that they are running 32-bit game in the 21st century speaks volumes.

Edited by elgplays
  • Haha 1

With the marksmanship sniper talents it really feels that certain tiers contain passives that should be part of the default skill toolkit, but instead I am forced to choose between utility, defensive, mobility or some other benefit.

Haha, stunlocked to death and can't use trinket because then I will get immediately another full duration CC. I mean either the CC design in SWTOR is very poor or the survivability of sniper is just isht.

The Life Warden relic does not reset after arena match, nor does it reset when you enter a new arena...the only healing I can get as a sniper and it has a 10 minute cooldown...effing hell.

Edited by elgplays

The fact that when you use the Escape (PVP trinket ability) and the resolve bar does not fully fill up to make you immune to CC is wrong. It would make sense that using a PVP trinket would remove CC and make you immune (fill up the resolve bar), but as it is, it is not good.

Because, if you use trinket to get out of a full CC and right away you get another couple of full duration CCs, then it is useless. If as said above the purpose of a PVP trinket is to get out of a CC to finish someone off and not to survive, then it is a not a viable solution.

As a gunslinger/marksman I cast Surrender with Reset Engagement talent that purges movement impairing effect. So I cast it when I get rooted and 1 second later I get another movement impairing effect haha...I use it it removes one movement impairing effect, I get a +75% speed increase and 1 second later I get another movement impairing effect and I just sit there with +75% speed increase not moving...wow, makes sense.

Edited by elgplays

The knockback spell that both Gunslinger/Sniper have basically only somehow works when you are standing on a level ground, the moment you are on a slope or uneven surface it knocks the target basically 1-2 meters away...useless design. For example. I just noticed in a warzone, the pushback spell that a sorcerer has seems to work whether I am above the sorcer, below him, we are on a level surface...interesting a similar spell can work for one specialization, but not for another.

LOL, just now in arena, I holocate across the entire map and a jedi sentinel that was chasing appears immediately next to me...I am sure it is some spell that jedi sentinel has....

Did you actually holo locate to a new spot or did it bug out & you didn’t go anywhere 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Another possibility is you didn’t travel that far and the Sentinel just used force leap before you could get into cover. 

11 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Did you actually holo locate to a new spot or did it bug out & you didn’t go anywhere 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Another possibility is you didn’t travel that far and the Sentinel just used force leap before you could get into cover. 

Dude, imagine the top view of an arena map, it is rectangular. If I am in the bottom left quadrant with the sentinel and I holocate to the top right quadrant and within 0,5-1 second of the holocate the jedi sentinel is on me then either it bugged and he/she ported with me or....you tell me...

38 minutes ago, elgplays said:

Dude, imagine the top view of an arena map, it is rectangular. If I am in the bottom left quadrant with the sentinel and I holocate to the top right quadrant and within 0,5-1 second of the holocate the jedi sentinel is on me then either it bugged and he/she ported with me or....you tell me...

I can’t cause I wasn’t there. But I’ve never heard of this happening before either. 

13 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I can’t cause I wasn’t there. But I’ve never heard of this happening before either. 

I would tell you what, but the profanity filter is blocking me from submitting the explanation.

Many classes in pvp don’t do well in certain formats. Snipers tend to not do very well in 4v4 dps matches because they have no self heals so, compared to other ranged classes, they will usually lose. On the other hand, snipers are often great in trinity matchups because their weakness is compensated for by the presence of a healer. 

There are tons of examples like this. Operative healers are global bait and are basically unplayable in arenas without a tank. Even very good sorcs will often get globalled if the other team has 2+ mercs to net them. Juggs have amazing dps atm but a team of four juggs is probably gonna get rocked by a team of four madness sorcs. Etc.