I'm all for Vet FP skips, but come on!

These skips were invented back when everyone was lv 50 and god knows what the gear score would be ... like 2 or something. You don't need to skip every fight on Vet mode FPs. Fights take 2 seconds for well-geared level 80s.  Try not to get bent out of shape if you have to fight an extra mob or two. It's not the end of the world.  ❤️

Some skips are fine.  The easy ones like "hug the wall' or let the stealth sap that one mob and then walk past.  They don't take time and new players can just follow the group.

The platforming type skips are terrible.  Players with good connections/reflexes have no idea how terrible platforming can be for some of us. Athiss is bad enough, there's always one player who can't quite get it, but at least you don't die if you miss.  You just spend 2 to 5 minutes watching a player jump,fail, jump, fail instead of 1 minute just killing the mobs.  I started maining stealth due to idiocy like that just to avoid the platforming.  At least stealth is awesome so that worked out for me.

The new jumps in Cad where you die if you miss?  Beyond stupid.  About half the time someone misses, dies, and has to run back.  All to avoid a 30s fight.  10s if players use knockbacks right. 

So yeah, I agree with you.  

10 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Some skips are fine.  The easy ones like "hug the wall' or let the stealth sap that one mob and then walk past.  They don't take time and new players can just follow the group.

The platforming type skips are terrible.  Players with good connections/reflexes have no idea how terrible platforming can be for some of us. Athiss is bad enough, there's always one player who can't quite get it, but at least you don't die if you miss.  You just spend 2 to 5 minutes watching a player jump,fail, jump, fail instead of 1 minute just killing the mobs.  I started maining stealth due to idiocy like that just to avoid the platforming.  At least stealth is awesome so that worked out for me.

The new jumps in Cad where you die if you miss?  Beyond stupid.  About half the time someone misses, dies, and has to run back.  All to avoid a 30s fight.  10s if players use knockbacks right. 

So yeah, I agree with you.  

This. 

It wouldn't be that bad if the people who are good at platforming, would like wait a sec, to see if everyone made it. If they are sorcs, even better because they can pull someone. Even if they are not, the guy who got left behind  might be a jugg who could easily leap to someone else, but no: people don't bother to wait and see if everyone made it, and then people getting stuck in the wall (Athiss) or falling down (Cademimu) takes a lot more time than the so called "skip". 

Oh yeah, got one more to that list: Black Talon has a spot where people now "skip" a bunch of easy mobs. But who ever makes the jump first will get the rest of the group in combat making it even harder. Just kill the mobs ffs. It's faster than keeping the group in combat and running in slow mode through everything. Everything also dies a lot faster when you have four people killing them instead of just one.  

The only way to prevents the idiots trying to "skip" those things  is to make sure you aggro those mobs fast enough, thus making it pointless to skip. 😈

3 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

Some people simply seem to enjoy finding ways to skip mobs just for 'fun', but I'm one of those people who would just as soon kill them. 🙂

I do that when I'm running solo.  Skip/sleep even the weaker mobs.  It is fun to see if you can do a mission with zero kills.  Running solo you can afford to waste time and try weird little things.

I'm also well aware that it rarely saves you time to go out of your way to avoid combat unless you're skipping elites.  Trash dies fast.