How do I abandon a KoTET replay?

Dapper_Droid

I selected a KOTET chapter to replay for  a Conquest Point quest.

I decided to stop cuz Fighting the robots with invisible combat lines on master mode was annoying.

I now cannot enter my base on Odessen without it forcing me into the KOTET mission, meaning I cannot turn in my alliance crates.

I don't see an option to abandon the KOTET quest? Can I? I really really really don't want to replay KOTET in any fashion. Am I just locked out of Odeseen now until the quest is completed?

I'm not sure about choosing just 'any' chapter, but I do know (the hard way) that you can change the 'level' of the chapter from MM to Story and then complete it. Other than that there seems to be no way to just abandon the quest.

That reminds though, that I've wondered whether you could do the MM chapters with a group? 

5 hours ago, Dioxys said:

You can't abandon them. The solution is to chose an easier chapter and complete it. 

The shortest chapter I think is chapter 2, where you'll mostly just smash the spacebar. 

I believe @Dioxys is referring to Chapter II / 2 of KotFE, but the reasoning is sound.  For a no-combat chapter, try KotFE Chapter IX / 9.

13 minutes ago, JediQuaker said:

That reminds though, that I've wondered whether you could do the MM chapters with a group? 

Yes , but the  Chapter-owner has to group another player(s)  and then right-click portrait to 'summon into STORY'  (while that quest-owner is already within the current Chapter phase) .

IIRC, just log out of the game. When you re-log in, you will be on fleet, and the chapter can be abandoned. You can not abandon if/when you have a chapter specific cxompanion out, so get out a generic one like Lana. Then abandon chapter.

That is, unless they changed that. Note, that that will also take away active companions like Marr or Acina or Malgus so you can not use them after abandoning. 

9 hours ago, MortenJessen said:

Note, that that will also take away active companions like Marr or Acina or Malgus so you can not use them after abandoning. 

Unless it's changed recently, the mere act of mapping out of the chapter to somewhere ordinary like Fleet or your ship will take away any temporary who's accompanying you.