Sensor Blip for Friendly Repair Drones

LordBladewind

Would be nice if Dev can add a sensor blip for your team's repair drones, so they are easier to find.

Better yet, make it toggleable.

Not that I expect much, since current dev doesn't play the game...
I was going to say they never touch GSF... but they did recently by killing the medals...

• Thanks 1

Probably make them look different then other mines and drones on the map, for the start.

But some ppl tell where they put a drone in the chat, at least.

Not only the medals, but pvp challenges are still broken, from what I know, it's more than a month already. 

On 2/19/2023 at 8:10 PM, LordBladewind said:

I was going to say they never touch GSF... but they did recently by killing the medals...

GSF is built on top of the framework of the ground PvP code.   However, perhaps because they lack resources to update it, they didn't fork a whole separate GSF branch.  Tiny bits are GSF specific, but a lot of the code for base functions just straight up re-uses whatever the current version of ground PvP code is.   Result is that when they mess with PvP code, it can mess up GSF because they forgot or didn't care about the dependencies GSF has on PvP.  It's not that they changed GSF medals, they changed the PvP scoreboard display, so now though GSF still gives credit for getting medals (you'll see them pop in chat up as you get them), the GSF scoreboard no longer displays them because it's a reformatted clone of the old PvP scoreboard, and when they changed how the PvP scoreboard handles medals they didn't bother to update the GSF scoreboard.   So the bug is actually a result of them not touching GSF in this case.

It's not the first time something like this has happened.

Deployables from friendlies do show up as green circles on the minimap, though there's no differentiation between types.   An intensity pulse effect would indeed be a nice feature to have to be able to figure which if any of the dots are repair drones.   Personally I usually rely on the green beam particle effect that connects a drone to friendly ships near it to spot repair drones, both friendly and hostile.