Instant Win Bug

MasterAtin

Recently won a match in a matter of seconds.  Like within 20 seconds of initial spawn

I know if there are insufficient players in a match, "The Warzone will end unless more players join."  And the win goes to whichever team happens to have certain, higher stats.  

That is not the case.  Factually speaking, both teams were well populated.  Both were short 1-2 players from full roster.

My team mate got one kill off, and it was an instant win for us.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, NikovUmSar said:

Maybe someone on your or enemy team left the match after it started, so the 30s timer has started a countdown again.

this is most likely what happened. Since your team got a kill you may have had more points then the other team did when that 30 seconds ended, which is why you won.

On 2/18/2023 at 6:25 PM, Achnaattwo said:

I think it's just a coin toss who wins, unless there is a kill.

been on the defeat side, and also the team did most damage, no one killed. Make you wonder , did both teams get defeated ? :classic_blink:

There is no coin toss. A Tie= both teams lose. A win would be if 1 team over the other had more points.

Am 24.2.2023 um 02:52 schrieb MasterAtin:

Let me reiterate since folks are having a hard time understanding me.  The match was over in less than 30 seconds, and both teams were nearly full.

I'm just going to pass it off as a glitch, a singular, random occurrence.

It's called first blood. When the match starts and there are not enough players in both teams combined, the match ends when one team lands a kill (deathmatch) or takes a satellite (domination).

• Thanks 1

If there are insufficient players who accepted to get both teams to the minimum team threshold, OR the difference, Abs. Val. (team A - team B), in players is 3 or more, a timer will start to end the match.

When that timer expires, if one team has more points than the other the team with more points wins, otherwise both teams lose.

Example:

If team A has 10 players and team B has 11 players, if as the match starts one additional player joins team B and one player drops out of team A, then the teams are 9 v 12 and the timer starts.  If the matchmaker can't backfill at least one player for team A, or at least one player doesn't drop from team B, then the match terminates when the timer reaches zero.

Scoring during the countdown does not terminate the match, as the matchmaker will continue to add players to the teams to try to create a valid match until the timer expires.

I believe the timer is 30 seconds from when the minimum size or size mismatch is first detected by the server.

It happens sometimes and is not a bug, it's just the matchmaker acting according to its normal parameters.

Edited by Ramalina

• 2 weeks later...

If it ends in a tie, in any way, both teams do in fact lose.

When it says there are insufficient players, there is a 30 second timer.

The team has 30 seconds to kill something or capture a node.

A match only needs teams to be within 2 of even on manning. If it is three or more difference in teams, insufficient players will initiate a 30 second countdown, unless more players join which would allow the game to continue.

Hope this helps.