Assault on Tython (MM): was it always this way?

So I have been in two groups recently that struggled with the first boss. After the initial phase, he has adds spawn at different corners of the platform. From what I recall, it has always been two in opposite corners, but in the last two runs the adds spawn in all four. Am I crazy for not noticing this before or did they make a change?

14 hours ago, HypSpec said:

Ok, got it. I have cleared MM a few times and didn't notice lol.

If you don't notice the differences from VM mechanics to MM mechanics, can you really claim you "cleared MM a few times"? Isn't it more likely, that you got carried? You finished the flashpoint despite having no clue, what is going on in detail? I know... only semantics... but still.

39 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

If you don't notice the differences from VM mechanics to MM mechanics, can you really claim you "cleared MM a few times"? Isn't it more likely, that you got carried? You finished the flashpoint despite having no clue, what is going on in detail? I know... only semantics... but still.

If someone is getting carried on that boss, they will notice four adds for sure, because they will either wipe or it will be a very long and painful fight. Depends on who dies first.

However if you have full group of competent people they automatically go into the corners and everything goes smoothly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoontirMorillo said:

Ya know, I wondered if someone would go there and sure enough you did.

While I am not going to say I am a great player I have done a lot of MM FPs, tons of SM Ops, and fill in for our guild's HM prog team. I am usually top dps or at least on par with my dps counterpart and familiar with most all the MM mechanics. I have cleared all of them at least a few times and many 10+. I have been tanking more lately and that is when I noticed the four adds instead of two, and between both factions have only been on the MM mode for this one six times (just doesn't seem to have come up for me as much as others).

So you can say I should have noticed this on earlier runs, that's fair, but not that I had no idea cause I was clueless and being carried.

Edited by HypSpec