shots curve away

Achnaattwo

Id have to see video or a screenshot to give an accruate answer outside of that though sounds like either basic latency or a straight up miss

targets at the edge of the targeting reticle along with high evasion can cause a miss easily

2 hours ago, catsi said:

Id have to see video

yeah couldn't recall what the Key-bind was to start record, and I felt like a screenshot wouldn't show what I was actually seeing,   , properly, but still,  a screenshot might have been better then nothing

It's something I never noticed before, and I didn't think it was caused by evasion at the time, but now, maybe that's how evasion works, just never noticed it before till now

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 12:06 PM, catsi said:

Id have to see video or a screenshot to give an accruate answer outside of that though sounds like either basic latency or a straight up miss

targets at the edge of the targeting reticle along with high evasion can cause a miss easily

He's talking about how when you're moving in one direction and firing, and the shots are trailing and missing the target anyway. Just basic combat. His issue is that many times you can have them in range, with the aiming reticule over the "where they will be" target spot and still miss. This was a source of frustration to me too starting out. What's the point of that if it's not actually going to result in hits. You have to overshoot the overshoot mark in some instances. A further issue with this game is the weapon distances are lying too. This game has falloff like EVE online, but this isn't included in the description. It just tells you max range, not optimal range. I have had red (in range) enemies literally lined up, traveling in a straight line, and still miss most shots due to falloff. Then the closer you get the more consistent the hits. And there is a sort of "dice roll" mechanic going on too, even though the game presents itself as real-time action. I struggle to come up with the words to properly elucidate what I'm saying. Hope you understand.

That sounds like latency then the target is either just slightly off or hes slightly delayed ive had it happen a lot more lately

beyond that RNG is still a factor with a ships evasion enabling the chance for a shot to miss. I cam attest to this ive litrallly fired 6 shots in a row at a bloody BOMBER and missed for some reason which i can only put up to RNG