Can Rey and Grogu save Star Wars?

TonyTricicolo

Yep, you read that right! Rumors are starting to circulate that the two are going to be the future focus of Star Wars and their movie will try to mend the damage caused by the sequel trilogy. My opinion is that they are trying turn around the franchise with their two big stars. I would argue Din Djarin is more of a star than Rey Palpatine but I can see why they are using Rey. She's more marketable as she fits Disney's "wholesome" intended image.  Although Rey is labeled the "Mary Sue", I got no problem with the actress Daisy Ridley. I think she did a just fine job despite all the hate her character got. Grogu, on the other hand, is a no brainer. That little green toy is a cash cow.  Grogu is the new "Mickey Mouse" and he'll be milked forever.  For now, it's just too early to pass judgement. I say YES! The more Star Wars, the better!

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-rey-grogu-movie-rumored-reboot-damaged-disney-franchise

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pk2i2YUD410

Edited by TonyTricicolo
  • Like 1

Rey is one of the most Hated characters from Star Wars. Personally, I'm not sure why. As for Grogu That show to me is about the Mandalorian. I think Grogu has run his coarse and should have been dropped. I don't get his appeal. Unless it's the younger kids that like him. I can walk the Toy isles and see Grogu on clearance I never see any Mandalorian items.

1 hour ago, akdonkey said:

Rey is one of the most Hated characters from Star Wars. Personally, I'm not sure why.

Everyone knows why. ;)

But the overall reason is threefold:

1.  Rey becomes "powerful" too much too fast with too little training. ( aka Mary Sue syndrome )
  2.  Rian Johnson tries his best with sending Rey to Luke ( to "train" ) but messes up by having Kylo proclaim she's "nothing" and her parents were "no one" .
  3.  JJ Abrams & Kasden try to rectify the situation by "surprise"  she's actually Palpatine! --oh no wait on 2nd thought, she umm identifies as a "Skywalker' ! :rolleyes:
1 hour ago, akdonkey said:

I think Grogu has run his coarse and should have been dropped.  I don't get his appeal. Unless it's the younger kids that like him.

You do realize that STAR WARS was originally created by an eternal 'child' ( George Lucas ) and originally created FOR  kids....who then eventually became adults....who then eventually became bitter judgemental "fans"....who now ironically despise the very franchise they helped perpetuate into cinematic history.

Regardless, Disney will milk that cute little cuddly flying Force-sensitive Grogu for all he's worth.  And then $ome more. :sy_auction:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: They never should've killed off Luke & Han. At least, not in favor of boring Rey/Finn/Poe.
  • Like 2

I'll tell ya what, I was very excited when the The Force Awakens trailer came out! The idea of a Stormtrooper deserting The Empire (First Order, but we didn't know about the First Order until after the movie came out) who ends up becoming force sensitive. Now that was a story I could get behind! Instead we got what we got. Hey, at least Disney is making an attempt to rectify the sequel trilogy.  Giving credit were credit is due both The Mandalorian and Andor are good. If they continue to make good content then they can redeem their image. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not Rey. But as i said in the other thread, they are clearly using Mando and Bad Batch to make the sequels more coherent. 

I think Grogu is on an Anakin-like course with the Jedi warning him how he could go off the rails. But I mean, will Disney really allow that to happen to this beloved character? He's not in the sequels so either he just stays mandalorian forever (very unlikely) or he dies or pulls an Ezra Bridger.

So, an Ahsoka show in August

https://youtu.be/HnzNZ0Mdx4I

and 3 new movies:

One set in the dawn of the Jedi(Pre Old Republic), another set in the New Republic(Time between ROTJ and The First Order), and the other with Rey(Post death of Palpatine).

https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-new-star-wars-films

Edited by TonyTricicolo

On 2/15/2023 at 10:53 AM, Nee-Elder said:

Everyone knows why. ;)

But the overall reason is threefold:

1.  Rey becomes "powerful" too much too fast with too little training. ( aka Mary Sue syndrome )
  2.  Rian Johnson tries his best with sending Rey to Luke ( to "train" ) but messes up by having Kylo proclaim she's "nothing" and her parents were "no one" .
  3.  JJ Abrams & Kasden try to rectify the situation by "surprise"  she's actually Palpatine! --oh no wait on 2nd thought, she umm identifies as a "Skywalker' ! :rolleyes:

You do realize that STAR WARS was originally created by an eternal 'child' ( George Lucas ) and originally created FOR  kids....who then eventually became adults....who then eventually became bitter judgemental "fans"....who now ironically despise the very franchise they helped perpetuate into cinematic history.

Regardless, Disney will milk that cute little cuddly flying Force-sensitive Grogu for all he's worth.  And then $ome more. :sy_auction:

lol whut? 

She is one of the most popular characters.  Her merch is selling through the roof (not as good as grogu but still one of the best) 

1. Literally the same rate as Luke and had the same training as luke

2.  her parents were no one, its her grandfather who was someone 

3.  thats JJ falling to angry  youtubers but still doesn't contradict anything really. 

as for the op  Star Wars doesn't need saving, never has.  It survived the Holiday Special and the PT and it only got bigger. 

3 hours ago, jarjarloves said:

lol whut?

i felt the same way about your post/opinion.

Go figure. :ph_lol:

Although i do agree that Star Wars doesn't necessarily need "saving" , but rather  needs better steering.  ( Favreau & Filoni = on good track )

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: forums are great!

• 4 weeks later...

Rey can't. Grogu might. If they let him grow up a little. And maybe have him become the next Mandalore by riding the Mythosaur.

Problem with Rey is she is associated with the sequels, which I definitely think were extremely on the wrong track. I prefer most of what is now called "legends" with the exception of the Vong.  I much prefer "Legends" Luke to the burned out hermit that was Rian Johnson's abomination. I also miss Mara Jade, and Luke's kids.

I loved the Heir to the Empire Trilogy. I'm just hoping that the new series with Thrawn does it justice.