Can’t get past KOTFE chapter 16 boss fight (semi-spoiler)

EndyGaming

My character is a level 80 Jedi Knight and my item rating is 236. I cannot get past the part on the stairs at the very end of the Arcann fight despite the fact I play on story mode.

From what I’ve seen with other people having this issue, my item rating is more than enough to survive that on story mode. I’d also like to point out that I routinely can’t beat other hard bosses, most notably I can’t get past the 3rd stage of the eternal championship in solo mode.

I don’t dabble in modified armor bc I don’t understand it. Is that the solution? Any advice would be super helpful, thank you

That vid is from 6 years ago. With 7.0 came quite a few changes that unbalanced most of the KoTFE and KoTET "boss" fights (they were originally designed for much more powerful characters and were never toned down with the weakening of the player characters and the companions). You need to be very good at playing your class to get by with 236 armor now. Companions were also reduced significantly with 7.0 so you need a higher influence companion to get the same output you got back then. I'd recommend you buy a couple pieces of entry level conquest gear from the fleet vendor to bump up your item rating and get your companion's influence to 30 or higher.

11 hours ago, DWho said:

That vid is from 6 years ago. With 7.0 came quite a few changes that unbalanced most of the KoTFE and KoTET "boss" fights (they were originally designed for much more powerful characters and were never toned down with the weakening of the player characters and the companions). You need to be very good at playing your class to get by with 236 armor now. Companions were also reduced significantly with 7.0 so you need a higher influence companion to get the same output you got back then. I'd recommend you buy a couple pieces of entry level conquest gear from the fleet vendor to bump up your item rating and get your companion's influence to 30 or higher.

And the worst part about that is that when I played that part, my only Level 30 companion was MAKO, who was MISSING IN ACTION, as you don't reconnect with her until later on in KOTET Chapter 9 or whatever.

I must have had my gear modded to a high enough level, I guess.  Also, and this is really quite important with that fight... you MUST use your new weapon you made with help from Satele Shan and Darth Marr specifically for the fight against Arcann, so make sure that weapon is actually equipped to your character.  And hopefully when making it, you read or watched a guide to that sequence, and chose good choices doing the conversation with Shan and Marr, so that you ended up with weapon enhancements that fit your play style. 

And as always with boss fights, you need to go in with good buffs active.  I ALWAYS have active the highest level stim that boosts Endurance and Mastery, AND I have also have active both a Dewback Sammich and an Onderon Clear Punch, because every little bit helps. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

In case you really dont succeed, you can ask a friend to join you for this chapter. I remember i made this once a day i was very tired and attempted a lot.

Eventually if we are on same server (NA - Star Forge), and time (est), you can ask me in game (playing often under Ever Even or Karæn

On 2/9/2023 at 11:33 PM, EndyGaming said:

My character is a level 80 Jedi Knight and my item rating is 236. I cannot get past the part on the stairs at the very end of the Arcann fight despite the fact I play on story mode.

From what I’ve seen with other people having this issue, my item rating is more than enough to survive that on story mode. I’d also like to point out that I routinely can’t beat other hard bosses, most notably I can’t get past the 3rd stage of the eternal championship in solo mode.

I don’t dabble in modified armor bc I don’t understand it. Is that the solution? Any advice would be super helpful, thank you

If you are level 80, and wearing 236 gear, your gear is fairly low.  You can go to fleet and buy 324 gear if you have Conquest Commendations, FP-1 Stabilizers (from Flashpoints), OP-1 Catalysts (from Operations), or WZ-1 Accelerants (from PvP).

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

2 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

If you are level 80, and wearing 236 gear, your gear is fairly low.

This.  236 is Tier 2 Command Crate gear from 5.X when the max level was 70 (when max gear was 248), and its set bonus does not work once you are above level 74.

268-to-306 is 6.X gear, and is also sub-strength with set bonuses that don't work at level 80.

OP: Follow the advice below.

2 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

You can go to fleet and buy 324 gear if you have Conquest Commendations, FP-1 Stabilizers (from Flashpoints), OP-1 Catalysts (from Operations), or WZ-1 Accelerants (from PvP).