Star Wars Jedi: SURVIVOR

TonyTricicolo

• TonyTricicolo changed the title to Star Wars Jedi: SURVIVOR
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So after playing this game for a good while now, I can honestly say it is single handedly the best and worst game I've ever played! Ha ha

Contender of the year in both categories!  How can a game that makes my potato crash to desktop be so F'ing good?

6 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

So after playing this game for a good while now, I can honestly say it is single handedly the best and worst game I've ever played!

Contender of the year in both categories!  How can a game that makes my potato crash to desktop be so  good?

The first game literally melted my video-card.

Without going into *spoilers* , can you elaborate a bit on why it's both so "best and worst" ?

Or do you mean the playing of it is best , but the running of it ( code wise ) is worst due to bugs & crashes & such?

• Like 1

By best I mean if you enjoyed Fallen Order then Survivor will blow you away. Without any spoilers: the story, graphics, animations, customization, navigation, traversal, and over all content far surpass its predecessor. 

By worst, you need a freaking BEAST of a computer to run it.  I'm talking about a few grand gaming computer and AND even with that you're lucky to break mid 40s framerate. The game is so poorly optimized for PC that it is comical. I've gotten severe crashes to desktop, hardly any of my saves load, and I've restarted the game so many times from scratch now that I literally can spout the cutscenes verbatim. 

I managed to get the game in a playable state by downloading client side mods to help reduce some of the constant freezes and stuttering. Turning off post processing effects seemed to have also worked for me.  

Edited by TonyTricicolo
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jedimasterjac said:

There's a mod for DLSS3 that improves performance on a lot of machines. Try that if you haven't, too.

I had a huge boost just from disabling the post processing you mentioned. Works for me; I don't like those effects anyway.

Yeah, I seen that mod too. It's by PureDark. It requires you to become a patreon in order to download it. I think it's designed for RTX 40 graphics cards though.