So I'm a bit confused about all the season rewards, login rewards, and now Conquest on top of that.

jedipattawan

So as a new player for the most part seeing I never really played the game much past the first 15 levels in the past 10 years I'm a bit confused.  I get we get rewards for just logging in consecutively, but then we get conquest and I don't even know where to go to see this but last I saw I had a ton of it that was well beyond the bar for it.  I read on VULKK I can buy stuff with Conquest?  I seem to be getting currency I guess with the seasonal rewards, and maybe login rewards, but now there's also conquest on top of this.  

I guess I now understand why people complain about too many currencies.  Not that it isn't nice getting showered with stuff, but eh I know next to nothing about any of it at all.  I think tech fragments are important in this game?  Does conquest allow me to buy 336 gear?  Or is this for catch up gear only?  For cosmetic stuff?  

Edit:  Btw it says I have 261,000/100,000 Conquest in the upper right bar.  Not sure if I did something wrong and it's well over that 100,000 and hasn't changed or whatever.

Edited by jedipattawan

Conquest 'rewards' come on several different levels, most of which aren't very significant:

1. As a player, you get a reward when you hit 100,000 conquest points for the week (it comes up as a completed mission).
    1. At 80, it's Tech Fragments and some credits I believe.
  2. If you are in a guild, your conquest points are also 'guild XP' that contributes to your guild's level and how big of a leveling buff it gives its members.
  3. If your guild has a flagship, 'invaded' a conquest planet this week, and met the total Conquest point requirement for that planet (500k, 2MM, or 5MM), you'll get an additional 'mission reward' after the conquest ends (Tuesday morning).
    1. At 80, it's tech frags, credits, and a 'expand your flagship' component.
  4. If your guild from step 3 was actually the top conquest point earner for the server, its members will get a conquest title and some other stuff.
    1. Seriously, each server has a couple of guilds who dedicate their existence to conquest, so don't even dream of completing here without joining one of these guilds and grinding conquest points like crazy.

Tech fragments are mostly used for:

• Buying Tacticals for 3,000 frags at level 75+
    • Generally a 'one time' purchase, though you might want several for different types of fights (having one 'Area attack' tactical and one 'Single Boss Fight' tactical is common for some classes).
  • Buying and upgrading Legendary Implants at level 80
    • Purchased as ilvl326, but need to be upgraded to 328, 330, 332, and 334 (the current limit)
    • Each purchase/upgrade is 2,500 frags, but that's after a discount for getting your first implant to a certain level, so your first will probably be more expensive.
  • Buying legendary crafting components for 4,000 frags that you can sell on the GTN for around 180,000,000 credits each.
    • This is how you can get 'rich' at higher levels without really trying too hard:  Once you've capped your implants and tacticals, you gotta spend your Frags on something and these components are 'easy credits' 
    • I should note that free-market economics are kinda working for these items:  Prices have dropped significantly since 7.2 dropped as the market became bloated by players with nothing else to spend their frags on (250,000,000 was a common price not too long ago) since new implant upgrades weren't included.
Edited by Ominovin
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, jedipattawan said:

Okay then I was just confused about the Conquest part.  I guess the bar being at 260k/100k is just a visual UI think as it doesn't seem to reset but I just get rewards every 100k.  

You get personal rewards at 100k only, but you keep earning points so they display them.  The extra points only become significant when you are trying to help your guild level up or hit its conquest target (which will earn you an additional reward).

• Like 1