The weapon in the outfitter gives its powers instead of the one you currently equipped

afwhoefuwov

Not sure how to explain this properly in title, but it is like this: 

- you equip a fully modded weapon / static weapon with some irating. 

- now say in your outfitter, you equip a different weapon.  This one is not modded (maybe a rare drop, e.g. Darth Marr's Lightsaber) or you just dont want to spend time and remod the shell. 

- The game sees your outfitter weapon's power as the one you currently equipped, i.e. your attacks are much lower if you show the outfitter weapon.  You can see this in the tool tips of the abilities. If you do not equip / turn off the outfitter weapon, then your attacks are higher because the game sees the correct weapon aka the one you are currently equipped.  

Edited by afwhoefuwov

4 hours ago, afwhoefuwov said:

You can see this in the tool tips of the abilities.

hi, just making sure: Where exactly did you test/notice  this?   Like, on Fleet ?  or on some lower level planet ?  or on your personal ship?  or stronghold ?

Only asking because, as you may or may not know, the 'tooltip'  hover info & numbers  change depending upon where your character is ( planet-wise or whatever )

Edited by Nee-Elder

10 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

hi, just making sure: Where exactly did you test/notice  this?   Like, on Fleet ?  or on some lower level planet ?  or on your personal ship?  or stronghold ?

Only asking because, as you may or may not know, the 'tooltip'  hover info & numbers  change depending upon where your character is ( planet-wise or whatever )

Thanks here are the details that I test.  I use the example of a Fury Marauder with the Furious Strike ability - other abilities suffer the same thing but I pick one for simplicity.  My Sorc and Jugg also suffer the same thing.  My gears are all 332 and for the tooltip, I only use the value before any buffs: 

- On ship: no outfitter weapon => 32000-35000 damages.  With outfitter weapon => 25000 damages (no range). 

- On Fleet, same as ship. 

- On Dromund Kaas, no outfitter => 640 -680 damages.  With outfitter weapon => 420 damages (no range) 

• Thanks 1

Keep in mind that although I am max level with all implants and tactical figured out, so the damage outputs might not be so noticeable.  But, if you are levelling and want to use the outfitter weapon, chances are you may not do as much damage as you want.  Now, I didnt test out stuff like thread generation (for tanks) or HPS (for healers) but I expect them to be affected as well. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.