How do Operatives maintain energy in settings with constant combat?

AJediKnight

I just started Op, and this hasn't previously been an issue. However, I've been running the Esseles repeatedly as a catch-up (I don't like the side quests on Ord Mantell), and I'm struggling to maintain energy during chain pulls - it bleeds faster than it recharges between combat, and Adrenaline Probe is only usable every 2 minutes. 

Am I missing some ability that I'm supposed to be 'working in' to the rotation that keeps energy elevated? Or is the answer really to stop every thirty seconds and use Recuperate (which seems clunky)?

You will get passives that either reduce the cost of abilities in your core rotation or give higher regeneration rate. I don't know all disciplines but for Concealment at max level, you do have to use a basic attack here and there to maintain energy. At low levels you have to use basic attacks more often. You pretty much want to keep energy at 70+, otherwise you don't regenerate as much. You can go below 70 when you are planning to use Adrenaline Probe to bring it back up or at the end of a fight (if you can predict it will end right when your energy hits zero).