How do I get into Galactic Starfighter?

felleto

2 hours ago, felleto said:

Should I just keep playing and hope for the best?

yes

do I need to read through the Jedi library to understand this game mode?

you can read as much as you like

What's your experience with GSF?

took me a while, my hardest part was control. it was at least a year before I was worth anything. I took lots of breaks doing GSF. I watched a lot of videos , mostly to see if I was in any of them 😉, but really mostly to see what they were doing that made them better. I copied their tactics you can say, and I was improving. till my last long break I was always top 5.

It just took me time. Some players catch on quick. Makes me mad and Jealous the same time. If I'm fuming, I take a break

For some of us, it just takes time

• Like 1

HI and welcome to GSF 

yep its a tough slog for a newer pilot ill grant but keep at it, the more you fly the better it gets.  

make sure to type /cjoin gsf to join the gsf channel. you can ask any questions there you have and well be glad to answer as we can

Despons GSF school is a great guide for beginners watch it before you fly and youll have a leg up. also make sure to grab the intro to GSF mission to get the requisition you need to get  T1 gunship on your bar. youll need to learn it to both fly it and to learn how to fly against it

Swotorista has a few vids as well that are informative

(1) SWTOR Galactic Starfighter (GSF) Guide - YouTube
(1) Galactic Starfighter Basics Guide - YouTube

and more

I fly on tuesdays on SF and wednesdays on SS both sides so if youre in GSF channel ask for me or just ask questions in general and welcome to GSF