I can't take cover #smuggler

Marymille

Hello, as said in the title, I am unable to take cover during fights while I am a smuggler. I press the key concerned and whether it is the key to "take cover in place" or "take cover", nothing happens...

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance !

1 minute ago, Marymille said:

Hello, as said in the title, I am unable to take cover during fights while I am a smuggler. I press the key concerned and whether it is the key to "take cover in place" or "take cover", nothing happens...

Could someone help me?

Forum search  could've helped you , but unfortunately now all you get is ME --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/919905-the-cover-bar-is-still-missing/

:D

5 minutes ago, Marymille said:

First of all thank you for your quick response!

I did a search on the forum, but couldn't find an answer. So I'm glad your search was successful except I'm using the designated keys in the settings and it still doesn't work...

hmm,  in which specific  type of situations & environments , locations, etc. etc. ?

Also just curious: what Level  is your Smuggler character?  And have you chosen your  '2nd combat style' yet for that character?  ( and if so, when & which style ? )

I'm not sure I understand the question: it doesn't work in all situations (in combat or out of combat) and in all environments.

I'm level 4 and I don't know if it's my second fighting style, but I've been a secret agent almost since the beginning of the game.

9 minutes ago, Marymille said:

I'm not sure I understand the question: it doesn't work in all situations (in combat or out of combat) and in all environments.

So you're not seeing that  little  green 'body figure'  behind/near  certain objects or barricades & such  at all ?  ( i know it works in-game myself because a couple days ago i just used it in both PVP and PVE  on my Level 80 Smuggler ALT character )

10 minutes ago, Marymille said:

I'm level 4

i haven't been 'Level 4' on any Class since like 2013  lol , so i can't remember whether or not  that low-level of a character gets  ANY  'cover' skills yet?

11 minutes ago, Marymille said:

and I don't know if it's my second fighting style, but I've been a secret agent almost since the beginning of the game.

ah ok, so when you first created your character ( in the 'character creation ui ' )  you chose  *Imperial AGENT*  as your 2nd combat style?

That might be the issue then, since i seem to recall a couple of  bugs with 7.0 update  relating to characters who have an opposing faction/class  as 2nd combat style.

Yes, I am a small level 4 since I start the game again after years of stopping and everything has changed mdrrr

I don't know if imperial agent and secret agent are the same... But I imagine it must come from there since indeed, I don't have the little green men...

22 minutes ago, Marymille said:

Yes, I am a small level 4 since I start the game again after years of stopping and everything has changed mdrrr

I don't know if imperial agent and secret agent are the same... But I imagine it must come from there since indeed, I don't have the little green men...

Okay... Part of the problem here seems to be a disconnect between the FORMER character creation method and the CURRENT one.

Until 7.0, character creation had Classes and Advanced Classes, which in the case of Agent were Agent Sniper and Agent Operative; after 7.0 rearranged those into Origins and Combat Styles, a NEW Agent origin could select any of the eight Combat Styles, but 'legacy' (made before then) Agents were stuck with the Combat Style linked to their old Advanced Class. If you selected Agent Operative at your character creation back when you played previously, then you can't take cover, unfortunately. The only way to do that is to complete the Origin Story (up to...Ilum, I think it is) which unlocks a mission to chose a second Combat Style. You can then chose Sniper (sniper rifle) or Gunslinger (Twin Pistols) as a second style, either of which allows a character to use cover when they're selected as the 'Active' Combat Style (since only one Style can be in use at any given time).

11 minutes ago, turbomagnus said:

D'accord... Une partie du problème ici semble être une déconnexion entre l'ANCIENNE méthode de création de personnage et l'ACTUELLE.

Jusqu'à la version 7.0, la création de personnage avait des classes et des classes avancées, qui dans le cas d'Agent étaient Agent Sniper et Agent Operative ; après que la version 7.0 ait réorganisé ceux-ci en origines et styles de combat, une NOUVELLE origine d'agent pouvait sélectionner l'un des huit styles de combat, mais les agents "hérités" (créés avant) étaient bloqués avec le style de combat lié à leur ancienne classe avancée. Si vous avez sélectionné Agent Operative lors de la création de votre personnage lorsque vous avez joué précédemment, vous ne pouvez malheureusement pas vous mettre à l'abri. La seule façon de le faire est de terminer l'histoire d'origine (jusqu'à … Ilum, je pense que c'est le cas) qui déverrouille une mission pour choisir un deuxième style de combat. Vous pouvez ensuite choisir Sniper (fusil de sniper) ou Gunslinger (Twin Pistols) comme deuxième style, l'un ou l'autre permettant à un personnage d'utiliser la couverture lorsqu'il est sélectionné comme "actif".

It's a new character that I created a month ago, so it shouldn't concern this old method of creation...

il y a 6 minutes, Nee-Elder a dit :

Veuillez consulter ma réponse ci-dessus ^ quand vous le pouvez -> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927315-i-cant-take-cover-smuggler/?do=findComment&comment=9739541

Merci.

Oui oui ! Désolé, je ne savais pas où trouver cette information ! Tout a changé depuis la dernière fois que j'ai joué !!
Je suis donc agent secret et mercenaire dans le second style de combat ! That's probably why it doesn't work!

Edited by Marymille
error

22 minutes ago, Marymille said:

Oui oui ! Désolé, je ne savais pas où trouver cette information ! Tout a changé depuis la dernière fois que j'ai joué !!
Je suis donc agent secret et mercenaire dans le second style de combat ! That's probably why it doesn't work!

Ci-dessus, les gens ont parlé de (anglais) "Operative" = "agent secret", qui n'a pas la barre cherchée, et mercenaire non plus.  La seule façon d'avoir la barre avec un style classiquement Agent Impérial serait de recommencer le perso (bon, il est niveau 4, tu rattrapperas la différence rapidement) et de choisir Tireur d'élite ( = "Sniper" en anglais).

il y a 4 minutes, SteveTheCynic a dit :

Ci-dessus, les gens ont parlé de (anglais) "Operative" = "agent secret", qui n'a pas la barre recherchée, et mercenaire non plus. La seule façon d'avoir la barre avec un style classiquement Agent Impérial serait de recommencer le perso (bon, il est niveau 4, tu rattrapperas la différence rapidement) et de choisir Tireur d'élite ( = "Sniper" en anglais).

that works ! I'm sorry for the fuss then! Thank you so much everyone for your help!

Edited by Marymille