Sale raids are bad for the game (long)

On 2/14/2023 at 12:50 PM, ZUHFB said:

I'm not gonna respond to this any further because it leads nowhere. You didn't devalue any of my points and just sad "it's bad not all stuff is legacy bound" which is the case for sales and normal raiding so it is a different issue that sale raids are. I don't want this to be a thread where its meaning gets lost in arguing.

Devalue your points you said this was your OPINION that it was bad for the game, I was giving you my opinion that BW wants us to spend money on this game, they LOVE sales runs. Which is why they will never stop SALES RUNS despite your anger at your former team.

1 hour ago, Lost-Savage-XIII said:

Devalue your points you said this was your OPINION that it was bad for the game, I was giving you my opinion that BW wants us to spend money on this game, they LOVE sales runs. Which is why they will never stop SALES RUNS despite your anger at your former team.

I still don't think you quite get it. 

I still raid with a lot of them, just not in sales.

Bioware doesn't profit from sale runs, rather it's money they are directly losing to third party websites who sell credits or hypercrates at cheaper rates, those then get sold back to the websites from sale teams. Bioware doesn't profit, neither do I care if they do or not. But I don't like that sellers are promoting these sides indirectly by giving them traffic and profit. I only explained how sales are irredeemable from this state of 50% RMT 50% throwing money at random items. 

The problem is it's very difficult to understand all the details. And with these sales the devil is the details. 

On 2/16/2023 at 8:09 AM, ZUHFB said:

The problem is it's very difficult to understand all the details. And with these sales the devil is the details. 

Sir, I truly understand your points, I do. What I am saying is that BW wants you to spend your money and time on the game. New (or Reskinned) gear/sales on the CM every day, giving you the option to spend MORE money to get more of what you already spent money on. Making PVP season rewards not even add up to enough to buy anything for two seasons, making the mats for crafting gold augs require insane amounts of comms (500 of them now I think) 55k tech frags for one aug and 2000 per op so 27 1/2 ops (maybe 25 after decon gear) to get ONE AUG. They don't want you to spend all your time? Time they give you ZERO rewards for.

My point is not that they are good or bad, I don't care and I think that anyone who looks at the reality of this game has to say that BW does not care about anything but money, so if someone want to spend $100 on the CM they have zero issue with it. BTW its the one thing there is NO WEEKLY CAP ON! 

I am betting that you have done every fight in this game many times over, you studies and broke down those fights spent weeks progging and min/maxxing, then teaching that, then learning new systems, then again. BW gives raiders who do those things ZERO for that work, LEGACY OPS MOUNTS is the least they could do, yet they refuse year after year, putting out new ops mounts that don't even drop every time. 

So from my point of view, we should not be trying to help them, 25% of sales runs would go away if there were legacy OPS mounts. Plus a huge ty for those of us who have them. 

I also know that I am a little all over the place probably because I think this is part of a much larger conversation. 

The main point though is that BW isn't getting all that money.  People are buying from gold sellers instead because it's cheaper to buy from them than BW, and they have done nothing to stop it.  Gold sellers are one of the biggest driving forces of the inflation we have experienced.  If gold sellers were stopped, things would start to get better.

• Like 1