Bounty Hunter Romance: Mako Vs. Lana, Pros & Cons of Both (With Spoilers)?

ReKabNad

So, I'm very deep into my Bounty Hunter (Light Side, Hetero Male) playthrough of Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne.  While I successfully romanced and married Mako in my main Class Storyline, I've now begun the Romance with Lana Beniko, but have not yet reached the Chapter where Mako returns.

So, now what I'd like to know, before I make my final choice on which romance to keep going, is what the Pros & Cons are of both ladies?

What are the Pros & Cons of doubling down on Mako, and keeping that romance going?

What are the Pros & Cons of leaving Mako in the past, and moving forward with marrying Lana?

PLEASE INCLUDE ANY AND ALL STORY SPOILERS RELATED TO THIS, INCLUDING WHAT HAPPENS REGARDING THE ONE YOU BREAK IT OFF WITH, INCLUDING ANY GAMEPLAY EFFECTS (such as that Companion being gone for good, if that happens.)

I want to make the best decision for my character, but a search through romance threads on the Forums didn't turn up the info I was looking for.  Thanks. :csw_fett:

To the best of my knowledge, there's no real game-changing 'Pros' or 'Cons' either way, no one dies or leaves you, all that really changes is some cutscenes and dialogue with Lana are different if you're married and you get some different mails depending on with whom you're in a relationship.

• Like 1

So first off Mako trumps pink eyed Lana any day of the week.  However, Lana becomes the catalyst of your story from SoR on and Mako takes a side seat. Her return is some what anticlimactic and fails at rekindling any attachment. Shame really.  Mako is the girl you mess around with in high school.  Lana is the woman you end up marrying. Both are ride or die chicks.  Tough to say.

Edited by TonyTricicolo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

have not yet reached the Chapter where Mako returns.

Mako does not return in a Chapter.  She returns in an Alliance Alert that becomes available (but not mandatory) after you finish KotET.

15 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

what the Pros & Cons are of both ladies

Subjective.  Regardless of the colour of her eyes, I prefer Lana, but @TonyTricicolo's girl-vs-woman thing is spot on (well, given Mako's probable age, I'd have said "mess around with in university", but whatever).  ("girl" meaning "young eligible adult female" rather than "prepubescent female", naturally).

"ride or die", though?  I'm not sure I'd put either of them in that category.  Kaliyo?  Probably.  DS Jaesa?  She's almost the definitive "ride or die" type, in a very literal sense of the word "die".

Or maybe I've misunderstood what you mean by that term.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

So first off Mako trumps pink eyed Lana any day of the week.

I don't know what version of the game you're playing, but Lana has Yellow Eyes in my copy of the game, and in all footage that I've seen from the game that's been posted by other players. 😜

I don't suppose the game's progressive enough to let my character marry and keep both?  From what I've seen other people say about romancing 2 companions, even when TOR offers your character the dialogue option to suggest keeping both of them, the game seems to not like you choosing that option. 😕

4 minutes ago, ReKabNad said:

I don't suppose the game's progressive enough to let my character marry and keep both?

It doesn't let you do that, no.

6 minutes ago, ReKabNad said:

From what I've seen other people say about romancing 2 companions, even when TOR offers your character the dialogue option to suggest keeping both of them

No, it doesn't.  It's a bug that you can do it, and each romance arc (the logic applies only to Vette/Jaesa, Kaliyo/Temple (maybe) and Risha/Akaavi (not sure)) treats you as if it is the only romance going on.

8 minutes ago, ReKabNad said:

, the game seems to not like you choosing that option

It's not so much about it liking versus disliking the choice, though.  It only records one of the romances as having happened, probably because there's only one field in the database for storing which (origin) companion you've romanced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReKabNad said:

I don't know what version of the game you're playing, but Lana has Yellow Eyes in my copy of the game, and in all footage that I've seen from the game that's been posted by other players. 😜

When Lana was first introduced she looked like she was suffering from pink eye, Conjunctivitis, not Pink(color) eyes. It was so bad that it was a running joke.  They later fixed her face to what it is now. 

• Like 1