Bad Batch Season 2...

TonyTricicolo

The show is certainly moving slow. I like the lore building of how the galaxy is reacting to the Imperial take over. This time period is great. With the exception of Crosshair, the bad batch themselves aren't as interesting as they were in TCW season 7. Or maybe 'cause I'm an old man and I just can't relate to Omega. I dunno, perhaps my perspective will change in time. I detested Ahsoka and now she's one of my favorite. We'll see....

Edited by TonyTricicolo

• 4 weeks later...

I love this series and it is a great follow up to Clone Wars.  Only fake fans who defend ST could possibly hate it.

Anyway the last episodes were great but it seems as if a lore discrepancy might have arisen albeit perhaps speculation lore.  There was rumor not so long ago that seemed to confirm that Rex was actually present at the Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi.  Is that now possible what with the whole clone aging deal?

4 hours ago, AhsokaTanorules said:

Only fake fans who defend ST could possibly hate it.

Is that a snide at me? If not, no harm no foul! 😉

Spoiler

If so then that's just a blanket response because you don't even know me nor my love of Star Wars. It's because of my love of Star Wars that I can say the Bad Batch Season 2 sucks. A lot of the filler episodes just don't do it for me. However, I will concede that it has become considerably better since the last 3 episodes. By the way, I also have to say that the first 3 seasons of TCW sucked as well but nonetheless  ended up becoming very good towards the end.  This show has such great visual fidelity that it almost makes you forget you are watching a cartoon but make no mistake it is still intended for children and because of which it needs episodes of levity to lighten the tone which actually end up ruining the pace of the season. I believe that well thought out arcs are better than one off episodes but like anything else there are always exceptions to that. The problem, in my eyes, is that Disney wants to appeal to both children and adults which is a tough balance to achieve. So out of the 8 episodes, I would say 5 were great and 3 were just "meh."  5/8=.625x100=62.5% or a C letter grade which to be frank, sucks.  Over all, this is relative to subjectivity and everyone's interpretation of art differs. 

That aside, Dave Filloni believes that Nik Sant, the white haired bearded trooper in ROTJ, could be Commander (Captain) Rex but will not officially canonize him as such. People can believe he is or not.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Nik_Sant

Edited by TonyTricicolo

On 2/13/2023 at 8:26 AM, TonyTricicolo said:

Hide contents

the first 3 seasons of TCW sucked as well 

Season 3 had the citadel arc which I consider very rewatchable especially since it was one of Ahsoka's better showings not to mention her Trandoshan fight club arc.

And I don't mind the filler for bad batch too much since even the little things seem to be fleshing out Star Wars lore even more.  At least this way they don't run out of stuff to tell.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 8:26 AM, TonyTricicolo said:

Is that a snide at me? If not, no harm no foul! 😉

Reveal hidden contents

If so then that's just a blanket response because you don't even know me nor my love of Star Wars. It's because of my love of Star Wars that I can say the Bad Batch Season 2 sucks. A lot of the filler episodes just don't do it for me. However, I will concede that it has become considerably better since the last 3 episodes. By the way, I also have to say that the first 3 seasons of TCW sucked as well but nonetheless  ended up becoming very good towards the end.  This show has such great visual fidelity that it almost makes you forget you are watching a cartoon but make no mistake it is still intended for children and because of which it needs episodes of levity to lighten the tone which actually end up ruining the pace of the season. I believe that well thought out arcs are better than one off episodes but like anything else there are always exceptions to that. The problem, in my eyes, is that Disney wants to appeal to both children and adults which is a tough balance to achieve. So out of the 8 episodes, I would say 5 were great and 3 were just "meh."  5/8=.625x100=62.5% or a C letter grade which to be frank, sucks.  Over all, this is relative to subjectivity and everyone's interpretation of art differs. 

That aside, Dave Filloni believes that Nik Sant, the white haired bearded trooper in ROTJ, could be Commander (Captain) Rex but will not officially canonize him as such. People can believe he is or not.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Nik_Sant

The did canonize Rex being at Endor. Rewatch the last Episode of Rebels again. It doesn't say what part he played in the fight.

• Confused 1

Taken from the wiki link I posted:

] The Rebels series finale, which aired on March 5, 2018, confirmed that Rex did fight at the Battle of Endor, but did not go so far as to confirm that Rex and Sant are the same character.[8] Six months after the episode's airing, Filoni revealed in an interview with IGN he ultimately chose to not canonize the theory because he felt that laying down an already established character prior to his coming to Star Wars wasn't correct, adding that Rex could have been present at Endor and not be Sant, even though some fans could choose to believe that Sant and Rex are the same individual while others choose to not do so.[9]

"...he (Filoni) ultimately chose not to canonize the theory..."

Is Rex canon? Yes.

Is he on Endor? Yes.

Is he Nik Sant? That's up to you!

Edited by TonyTricicolo

• 1 month later...

When it first aired I watched the first episode and thought it sucked. But at that point I'd only seen Rebels, not TCW, and I thought it was going to be about Kanan's early adventures, and I just didn't care. Then I went and saw TCW and loved that and watched Bad Batch right after, and liked it a lot more. It's not a direct spiritual successor to either TCW or Rebels, but it combines elements of what I like about both: it has the same crew dynamic as Rebels but I think Omega does a somewhat better job as the heart of the crew than Ezra[1], and as with TCW I like the way they weave in cool stuff you didn't know about the canon. I encourage you to watch at least until the end of S1 which has an appropriately epic plotline very reminiscent of TCW. 

The second season I think is not quite as good as the first one, but it's still very watchable. I like that while 99 gives off this impression of being 90 GI Joe stereotypes, the writers aren't afraid to give them actual stakes or shuffle the cast, and why not since Dee Bradley Baker plays all of them except Omega. 

[1] Ezra only became interesting after his character developed from meeting Maul and he stopped being just another carbon copy nickolodeon kid ugh. Omega has this same problem to an extent but idk, it just comes off differently, her superpower is her perceptiveness about the clones, which offsets that hideous 90s spunky kid thing. No spoilers but I think the S2 finale will accomplish the same thing as the Maul/Ezra plotline and help to give Omega greater depth through suffering.

Edited by Ardrossan